Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Apjs87
    • By Apjs87 18th Apr 17, 1:01 PM
    • 25Posts
    • 13Thanks
    Apjs87
    GOTO Surveyors
    • 18th Apr 17, 1:01 PM
    GOTO Surveyors 18th Apr 17 at 1:01 PM
    Hello. As per the title, does anyone have experience with this company for their surveys??

If so, can you share your feedback please?

Also, is it even worth having a survey altogether or is there value in using a builder.

Thanks
Page 1
    • cloo
    • By cloo 18th Apr 17, 2:29 PM
    • 868 Posts
    • 703 Thanks
    cloo
    • 18th Apr 17, 2:29 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 2:29 PM
    A builder will just tell you all the things they'd like to charge you for doing, so I wouldn't ask them!

The value in a survey is in having an impartial view of the status that you can, if necessary, use to bargain with should issues turn up which are pricey but fixable, and you'd still like to proceed but at a lower price.

Bear in mind that the survey often looks bad, even terrible, to the unitiated, but that most of the flaws pointed out will be minor really, and almost everything fixable over time!

No idea about the surveyors you mentioned - are they local to the area you're buying and do you know how long they've been around? I'd always recommend using someone local and long-established as they will know a lot about the area and they types of homes in it.
    • Apjs87
    • By Apjs87 18th Apr 17, 7:37 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    Apjs87
    • 18th Apr 17, 7:37 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 7:37 PM
    A builder will just tell you all the things they'd like to charge you for doing, so I wouldn't ask them!

The value in a survey is in having an impartial view of the status that you can, if necessary, use to bargain with should issues turn up which are pricey but fixable, and you'd still like to proceed but at a lower price.

Bear in mind that the survey often looks bad, even terrible, to the unitiated, but that most of the flaws pointed out will be minor really, and almost everything fixable over time!

No idea about the surveyors you mentioned - are they local to the area you're buying and do you know how long they've been around? I'd always recommend using someone local and long-established as they will know a lot about the area and they types of homes in it.
    Originally posted by cloo

that's for replying. As for how long they've been around, I'm not sure. They were recommended as I have sold through Purple Bricks. More than likely recommended due to commission and extra money making etc etc.

I think i'll look closer to home...
    • jlaw4
    • By jlaw4 18th Apr 17, 8:46 PM
    • 99 Posts
    • 56 Thanks
    jlaw4
    • 18th Apr 17, 8:46 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 8:46 PM
    Im using surveyor local that was on google... they are pretty decent, ive had a full structural survey and its been done within a week. Also Allcotts seem good as i originally tried them but was too long in my area. it pays to get a few quotes!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

334Posts Today

2,328Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • You're right, of course. How silly of me. After all, all my work is solely focused on my own personal circumstance? https://t.co/m6DHzFUjzg

• RT @ARJMOR: @MartinSLewis It may well be kind of random, but the algorithm used has a bias to the unpopular seats.

• It seems what Ryanair is saying is "don't pay and we leave you the seats we don't think people want and they're in the middle."

• Follow Martin