Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Beverley Hillbillies
    • By Beverley Hillbillies 18th Apr 17, 12:57 PM
    • 66Posts
    • 5Thanks
    Beverley Hillbillies
    Upgrade to Premium - Outlook
    • 18th Apr 17, 12:57 PM
    Upgrade to Premium - Outlook 18th Apr 17 at 12:57 PM
    Is there a way to remove Upgrade to Premium Outlook from my Outlook email? this just appeared today, it's not something I particularly require.

I have IE11, with Win7
Page 1
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 18th Apr 17, 1:51 PM
    • 1,898 Posts
    • 957 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    • 18th Apr 17, 1:51 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 1:51 PM
    From where do you want to remove it? Has it installed itself? Are you talking Outlook.com or the e-mail client Microsoft Outlook?
    • Beverley Hillbillies
    • By Beverley Hillbillies 18th Apr 17, 2:08 PM
    • 66 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Beverley Hillbillies
    • 18th Apr 17, 2:08 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 2:08 PM
    Thank you Le, I'm not very tech savvy

Has it installed itself?
    Originally posted by Le_Kirk
    Yes.

Are you talking Outlook.com or the e-mail client Microsoft Outlook?
    Originally posted by Le_Kirk
    It's in my email a/c, showing at the bottom of my folders.
    • NiftyDigits
    • By NiftyDigits 18th Apr 17, 2:20 PM
    • 10,287 Posts
    • 4,380 Thanks
    NiftyDigits
    • 18th Apr 17, 2:20 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 2:20 PM
    Ad blocker, HOSTS file or use a different browser.
    • Ant555
    • By Ant555 18th Apr 17, 4:18 PM
    • 667 Posts
    • 242 Thanks
    Ant555
    • 18th Apr 17, 4:18 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 4:18 PM
    Do you think that you might have clicked on the 'Upgrade to Premium' banner at the bottom of the email folders window in outlook.com/hotmail.com?

As far as I know, Outlook premium is a paid-for service so if you have it then you must have signed up to it and paid for it somehow.

If you are seeing the 'Upgrade to Premium' banner at the bottom of your folders then it's not installed yet and nothing to worry about.
    And No, you can't easily remove that banner, even with an ad-blocker as it's not really an Ad like those on the right-hand side of the page so you might just have to get used to it - I use outlook.com a lot and that banner is now pretty much invisible to me as I just ignore it.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by Ant555; 18-04-2017 at 4:23 PM.
    • Beverley Hillbillies
    • By Beverley Hillbillies 18th Apr 17, 4:54 PM
    • 66 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Beverley Hillbillies
    • 18th Apr 17, 4:54 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 4:54 PM
    Do you think that you might have clicked on the 'Upgrade to Premium' banner at the bottom of the email folders window in outlook.com/hotmail.com?
    Originally posted by Ant555
    No, it appeared when I opened my emails today
    As far as I know, Outlook premium is a paid-for service so if you have it then you must have signed up to it and paid for it somehow
    The banner gives the option to "pay" for it
    If you are seeing the 'Upgrade to Premium' banner at the bottom of your folders then it's not installed yet and nothing to worry about
    OK, thanks
    And No, you can't easily remove that banner, even with an ad-blocker as it's not really an Ad like those on the right-hand side of the page so you might just have to get used to it - I use outlook.com a lot and that banner is now pretty much invisible to me as I just ignore it
    It's because it's highlighted in blue, to get my attention!!
    Hope this helps
    Great help, thanks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

811Posts Today

7,074Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin