Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Annie1960
    • By Annie1960 18th Apr 17, 11:52 AM
    • 2,667Posts
    • 1,490Thanks
    Annie1960
    Kitchen cupboard door sizes
    • 18th Apr 17, 11:52 AM
    Kitchen cupboard door sizes 18th Apr 17 at 11:52 AM
    I'm making my final decision about ordering my new kitchen, and have many questions.

If I get it from Homebase, what other supplier's doors will fit if I want to change them in the future?

If I get them from Howdens, same question.

In fact, what is the best supplier to use for the base cabinets to give me the best choice of changing the doors in the future without having to change all the cabinets?

Will all these companies sell doors only without the cabinets?

Are Bunnings kitchens the same measurements as Homebase?
    Last edited by Annie1960; 18-04-2017 at 12:22 PM.
Page 1
    • FreeBear
    • By FreeBear 18th Apr 17, 12:52 PM
    • 1,168 Posts
    • 1,708 Thanks
    FreeBear
    • 18th Apr 17, 12:52 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 12:52 PM
    Homestyle will make doors to fit just about any carcase (other companies also available). If you are chopping and changing between Howdens/Homebase/B&Q/et al, whilst the doors may be the same size, you may well need to drill new mounting holes for the hinges.

Chances are, in ten years time, Howdens/Homebase/B&Q/etc will have changed the design of the carcases so doors wont fit the older ones.
    Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,526Posts Today

8,783Users online

Martin's Twitter