Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • csnann
    • By csnann 18th Apr 17, 11:37 AM
    • 427Posts
    • 390Thanks
    csnann
    Switched To Ebico Zero, SSE Still Taking DD Payment
    • 18th Apr 17, 11:37 AM
    Switched To Ebico Zero, SSE Still Taking DD Payment 18th Apr 17 at 11:37 AM
    I switched to the Ebico Zero tariff when Ebico changed partners to Robin Hood Energy, I got a letter from them saying the switch would happen on the 12th April. I sent them the meter readings as requested on the 12th, but today I checked my bank account to find that SSE has just taken their old direct debit payments. I have tried several times to call Ebico this morning but their line is always busy, I don't even get the chance to be put on hold!
    Does anyone have any idea what is going on at Ebico? I don't want to be paying two companies for my utilities!
Page 1
    • EachPenny
    • By EachPenny 18th Apr 17, 2:21 PM
    • 619 Posts
    • 375 Thanks
    EachPenny
    • 18th Apr 17, 2:21 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 2:21 PM
    SSE will still bill you until the switching meter readings have been processed and SSE send you their final bill(s).

If you've paid more than you should have done then SSE will refund any overpayment, but check your final bill(s) to make sure it has been done correctly

Ebico are a bit busy at the minute... might be quicker to call SSE and confirm with them that your switch is in progress.
    • glennevis
    • By glennevis 18th Apr 17, 6:58 PM
    • 70 Posts
    • 48 Thanks
    glennevis
    • 18th Apr 17, 6:58 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 6:58 PM
    My switching date was 10th (and I gave Ebico-Robin Hood my meter readings on that date) but SSE only switched Gas on the 10th then issued the final gas bill. Phoned SSE today to ask why I've not had a final Electricity bill to discover that they will not be switching electricity until Thursday 20th. There was no explanation for the delay and they confirmed there were no flags on my account which might have delayed switching.
    Last edited by glennevis; 18-04-2017 at 7:01 PM.
    • Stuart_W
    • By Stuart_W 18th Apr 17, 8:39 PM
    • 1,355 Posts
    • 642 Thanks
    Stuart_W
    • 18th Apr 17, 8:39 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 8:39 PM
    I think the admin of a small company like Ebico trying to transfer nearly all their customers is taking its toll.

I had a supply start date of 27th March. I submitted my meter reads online on 23rd March, the earliest date that my online account would allow them to be submitted.

The reads only appeared on my online account this Saturday - 15th April. Both accounts are still showing as active in SSE.

On 1st April my usual SSE direct debits were taken. I would not at all be surprised if this remains the case on 1st May, too.

I chose variable direct debit with my new account to try to avoid 'double billing" and once the SSE accounts are closed will move Ebico Zero onto monthly direct debit. This relies on my SSE account being closed before my first Ebico Zero bill is produced, which i am not overly confident about.
    Last edited by Stuart_W; 18-04-2017 at 8:42 PM.
    • Snakey
    • By Snakey 20th Apr 17, 8:43 PM
    • 959 Posts
    • 1,164 Thanks
    Snakey
    • 20th Apr 17, 8:43 PM
    • 20th Apr 17, 8:43 PM
    I had a supply start date of 27th March. I submitted my meter reads online on 23rd March, the earliest date that my online account would allow them to be submitted.
    Originally posted by Stuart_W
    Same here, for both dates. My billing date was the 28th so I wasn't surprised to see the March direct debits still being taken. The gas one got sorted yesterday (final bill dated 19 April which says they'll give me my refund on 3 May), and the electricity is still showing as open/current.

My experience of switching utility companies, moving house etc is that they're all the same and move at glacier-like speed (with the exception of taking your money, at which they are very prompt) while being happily bemused by the whole situation if you should phone to discuss it.

I'm hoping that'll sort itself out in the next week or two because I had to sort something out with HSBC last week/earlier this week and I don't think I can face another telephone helpline no matter how friendly they all are.

At least being mainly low users nobody's going to be paying hundreds of pounds in double fees.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

155Posts Today

1,207Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Ugh another one trying it! Beware https://t.co/Ab9fCRA76F

• Follow Martin