Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ashpan
    • By ashpan 18th Apr 17, 9:30 AM
    • 60Posts
    • 7Thanks
    ashpan
    UKPC Court
    • 18th Apr 17, 9:30 AM
    UKPC Court 18th Apr 17 at 9:30 AM
    Has anyone actually been taken to court by UKPC and lost - im weighing up the stress and hassle of non-payment lingering for 6 years against the chances of success by digging in my heels!
    Got an invoice from them from the Stevenage Leisure park when i went to get a train ticket and saw a guy 'loitering' around trying not to look suspicious - was invoiced shortly after so suspect he was the one who could have easily warned me and therefore 'mitigated the losses' of the land owners -i have no idea who they could be, any ideas?

thanks
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 18th Apr 17, 9:37 AM
    • 14,041 Posts
    • 22,060 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 18th Apr 17, 9:37 AM
    • 18th Apr 17, 9:37 AM
    Why are you worrying about court? Have you received court papers?

If this is a very recent ticket, you appeal it to UKPC, get rejected, get POPLA code, send POPLA appeal, win POPLA appeal - all over in a couple of months. Forget 6 years! Read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky Section 1 at this stage.

The small claims court is a lottery (for both sides) with as many wins as there are losses (for both sides).
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Half_way
    • By Half_way 18th Apr 17, 9:47 AM
    • 3,698 Posts
    • 5,247 Thanks
    Half_way
    • 18th Apr 17, 9:47 AM
    • 18th Apr 17, 9:47 AM
    was this a left site case?
    did the loitering bloke warn you before you left the car park?
    are you familiar with VCS, Miss Coates, Toothbrush, Ibotson?
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 18th Apr 17, 10:06 AM
    • 14,041 Posts
    • 22,060 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 18th Apr 17, 10:06 AM
    • 18th Apr 17, 10:06 AM
    are you familiar with VCS, Miss Coates, Toothbrush, Ibotson?
    If not, here it is:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=16231)
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • ashpan
    • By ashpan 18th Apr 17, 10:14 AM
    • 60 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    ashpan
    • 18th Apr 17, 10:14 AM
    Ukpc
    • 18th Apr 17, 10:14 AM
    yes its a left site case
    yes i saw a 'bloke' but no uniform or anything to say he was an attendant and definitely no warning

i read the Ibotson case which was hilarious,
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 18th Apr 17, 10:50 AM
    • 6,849 Posts
    • 5,868 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 18th Apr 17, 10:50 AM
    • 18th Apr 17, 10:50 AM
    UKPC have form, if they do try court be sure to make the judge aware of it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11858473/Parking-firm-UKPC-admits-faking-tickets-to-fine-drivers.html
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • ashpan
    • By ashpan 18th Apr 17, 7:58 PM
    • 60 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    ashpan
    • 18th Apr 17, 7:58 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 7:58 PM
    well i cant deny i was actually there at the times they have stated, i left the site but suspect there was a bloke watching and trying to catch people out so i plan on claiming they should have taken steps to mitigate their losses by telling me i would be fined if i left the site, really really dont want the hassle of going to court so may well loose courage once they start sending in the nasties!!!!!
    • ashpan
    • By ashpan 17th May 17, 5:09 PM
    • 60 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    ashpan
    • 17th May 17, 5:09 PM
    • 17th May 17, 5:09 PM
    UPDATE, after responding to the initial parking invoice with the standard response letter they have replied saying they will not be persuing me for payment!
    Thank you MSE
    • ratechaser
    • By ratechaser 17th May 17, 5:17 PM
    • 453 Posts
    • 358 Thanks
    ratechaser
    • 17th May 17, 5:17 PM
    • 17th May 17, 5:17 PM
    Well done, and next time don't park so close to the railway bridge when you are heading into the town. Makes it far too easy for them :-)
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 17th May 17, 5:18 PM
    • 5,652 Posts
    • 7,305 Thanks
    beamerguy
    UPDATE, after responding to the initial parking invoice with the standard response letter they have replied saying they will not be persuing me for payment!
    Thank you MSE
    Originally posted by ashpan
    Good result

To be certain to follow the UKPC winding up on the 22nd
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • waamo
    • By waamo 17th May 17, 6:01 PM
    • 1,914 Posts
    • 2,300 Thanks
    waamo
    It sounds like they've thrown in the towel and are accepting the inevitable.
    This space for hire.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 17th May 17, 6:09 PM
    • 5,652 Posts
    • 7,305 Thanks
    beamerguy
    It sounds like they've thrown in the towel and are accepting the inevitable.
    Originally posted by waamo
    Be interesting to see

Rupert Williams (UKPC), an ex clamper will no doubt set up
    another shady outfit.
    Scammers don't give up unless they are in prison
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th May 17, 8:28 PM
    • 48,965 Posts
    • 62,454 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    UKPC are cancelling a lot now, that they would previously have rejected for POPLA.

PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 17th May 17, 9:45 PM
    • 14,041 Posts
    • 22,060 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Notwithstanding their winding up hearing, they are really struggling with any 'leaving the site' ticket - and seem to be cancelling these more often.

But if only a small handful pay, believing they have infringed the 'rules', UKPC are still quids in. Cancellations come cheaply for them.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

97Posts Today

1,839Users online

Martin's Twitter