Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Helentiful
    • By Helentiful 18th Apr 17, 9:12 AM
    • 8Posts
    • 5Thanks
    Helentiful
    Don't we just love the drama!
    • 18th Apr 17, 9:12 AM
    Don't we just love the drama! 18th Apr 17 at 9:12 AM
    My partner's ex-wife walked uninvited by us into our house. His son wanted to live with us because his mum was moving to Wales and he didn't want to move.! We said only on the condition that he found work. He's 17 and up to this point his mother had let him leave college and sit around doing nothing for months.!! He came to live with us but only emerged from his room to be fed. He never pulled his weight around the house and when we asked him, he refused to even look for work.! He then decided that he'd go to Wales to stay with his mother, however he left most of his belongings here.! I suspected that he wanted to flit between both places so he'd never have to look for work.! He phoned my partner a few days ago and said he was coming back. My partner said no because he still isn't looking for work.

So yesterday he just let himself in. My partner! asked him what he was doing and said "You told me that you're staying at your gran's." He said he didn't want to and my partner said he couldn't stay with us. I followed him to the room he'd been staying in and really calmly but firmly told him that he'd need to get a job, but he told me to f*** off.! I told him not to talk to me like that and he said he could f'ing talk to me any way he f'ing wanted and pushed me out the way.! I told him to leave my house and he said no.! Then he took his phone out and proceeded to phone someone. I thought it was his gran, who lives nearby.

I went into the garden with my partner! and a few minutes later I heard a female voice. He had let his mother into our house.! This is a property that we had bought together and she was specifically told she was not welcome here.! My partner asked her to leave, but she refused. I told her to leave and she still wouldn't so when she stepped over the door to put something in her car I slammed the door shut. The son opened it again and I told her to stay out my house, but she forced herself in and shoved me to the side.! She had her horrible brother and her man with her, who threatened to f'ing flatten me.!

It all got heated and my partner took me to the garden so they could get the son's things.! I really did not want her there as she was trespassing.! I'm still fuming. Who the hell does she think she is?! I had every right to use reasonable force to get her out. There was no violence, and I did wait for her to make the first move before trying to get her off my property. How dare they! Once they'd left I went into the room and they'd thrown everything around it.

I know she was there for her son, but she actually doesn't want him either and told my partner that he was a lazy good for nothing, but she was in my house uninvited and unwanted. Until this I'd never actually met the woman!

I'm fine, just angry! Still debating about seeing a solicitor to write to the three of them (not the son) telling them to stay away. I don't think I over reacted - some of you may argue with this, .but she seems to get kicks from upsetting my partner. Any advice would be helpful.
Page 3
    • warby68
    • By warby68 18th Apr 17, 6:56 PM
    • 668 Posts
    • 8,118 Thanks
    warby68
    Sorry but to me it sounds like bad behaviour all round with tempers and egos firmly in the way (although I accept we don't know the history which led to the banning of a woman you never met and her need for 'bouncers')

Noone should have been abusive
    Noone should have been pushing and shoving
    And son's behaviour is appalling.

BUT your partner's son let them in, your partner's son abused you and your partner seems to have 'hidden' behind you or in the garden when all the aggro started.

Seems like he should be the one stepping forward once any dust has settled to sort this out with lock changing meantime a sensible idea.

Have a think or a wait before escalating - long term aim has to be to get son on a better path rather than settle a grievance with the ex.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,067Posts Today

6,603Users online

Martin's Twitter