Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • billyolly
    • By billyolly 18th Apr 17, 8:14 AM
    • 108Posts
    • 23Thanks
    billyolly
    Sibling d n a test
    • 18th Apr 17, 8:14 AM
    Sibling d n a test 18th Apr 17 at 8:14 AM
    There is evidence that my sister and I might not have the same father.Has anyone had experience of using sibling d n a test? ,I have read mixed reviews.The results would not effect our relationship and our mother has passed away.
Page 1
    • pinkshoes
    • By pinkshoes 18th Apr 17, 8:51 AM
    • 14,971 Posts
    • 20,335 Thanks
    pinkshoes
    • 18th Apr 17, 8:51 AM
    • 18th Apr 17, 8:51 AM
    Unless you have the dna of the father, then the tests can only tell you a likelihood that you share the same parents.

Some friends have used dna testing using mouth swaps, but only to determine if twins are identical or not.
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
    • JReacher1
    • By JReacher1 18th Apr 17, 10:20 PM
    • 2,530 Posts
    • 3,498 Thanks
    JReacher1
    • 18th Apr 17, 10:20 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 10:20 PM
    If your father is still alive get a DNA test off him and see if it matches both you and your sister.

If your father has passed away ask the potential other father for a DNA test.

If both fathers have passed away then it doesn't really matter.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

324Posts Today

2,540Users online

Martin's Twitter