Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • thor
    • By thor 18th Apr 17, 2:29 AM
    • 5,185Posts
    • 1,852Thanks
    thor
    What is good acting and does it matter?
    • 18th Apr 17, 2:29 AM
    What is good acting and does it matter? 18th Apr 17 at 2:29 AM
    I have often heard people discussing actors in films and how they can either act or they can't.
    I honestly can't tell the difference between a good actor and a bad one. They all look unnatural on screen to me. Action stars such as Sly or Arnie are universally derided as being crap actors but replace if you replace them with oscar winning stars, I would find them equally as unconvincing.
    You might justifiably say that I already knew they were actors but sometimes when flicking through tv channels, I have come midway across news reports where actors play the role of victims who prefer to remain anonymous and I can see immediately that they are acting.
    What I am trying to say is that I can spot acting from a million miles away so for me there are no good actors.
    Anyone else feel this way?
Page 2
    • onlyroz
    • By onlyroz 19th Apr 17, 11:23 PM
    • 13,582 Posts
    • 25,845 Thanks
    onlyroz
    Anyone who can play such diverse characters as Tony Blair, Kenneth Williams and Brian Clough and be absolutely believable as all of them deserves the title of one of the best actors around. Step forward Michael Sheen.
    Originally posted by Spidernick
    On the other hand he was terrible in Twilight, and not so brilliant in Tron.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,122Posts Today

7,086Users online

Martin's Twitter