Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • andygb
    • By andygb 17th Apr 17, 6:12 PM
    • 11,250Posts
    • 23,615Thanks
    andygb
    Tax due May 1st - no reminder again!
    • 17th Apr 17, 6:12 PM
    Tax due May 1st - no reminder again! 17th Apr 17 at 6:12 PM
    I went into a bit of a panic today, when I thought my tax may have expired at the end of March, but fortunately it is the end of April.
    Yet again, I have received no reminder, and I wonder how many others haven't since the doing away with tax discs.
    Is this a government ploy to get more money through fines?
    I am definitely going to start displaying the tax receipt in the old tax holder, because it is only a matter of time before I forget.
Page 2
    • peter_the_piper
    • By peter_the_piper 19th Apr 17, 6:19 PM
    • 25,564 Posts
    • 32,041 Thanks
    peter_the_piper
    I setup a DD for my VED when I got the first renewal for my new car (salesman did the first year when registering it) and received an electronic mandate confirming this.

The email stated

"Your vehicle tax will automatically renew unless you notify us of any changes. We will send a new payment schedule at the time of renewal."

Sure enough 12 months later I got another email from them confirming it was paid

Ensure directdebit@taxdisc.service.gov.uk is not going to your spam folder and that you have the correct details entered online
    Originally posted by Nasqueron
    Would this work when the tax due is 0,00? You still have to appley for tax.
    Millies next back in July.
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 19th Apr 17, 8:02 PM
    • 4,181 Posts
    • 2,316 Thanks
    Nasqueron
    Would this work when the tax due is 0,00? You still have to appley for tax.
    Originally posted by peter_the_piper
    I'd assume so as you're just setting up an automatic renewal but worth checking with the DVLA, mine is 20 so doesn't apply to the band a situation
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,592Posts Today

8,907Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Ugh another one trying it! Beware https://t.co/Ab9fCRA76F

• Follow Martin