Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Runningfast
    • By Runningfast 17th Apr 17, 6:11 PM
    • 125Posts
    • 33Thanks
    Runningfast
    Meal plans for exercise
    • 17th Apr 17, 6:11 PM
    Meal plans for exercise 17th Apr 17 at 6:11 PM
    Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can point me towards good reference sites for meal plans for exercise.

After becoming a bit plump last year due to inactivity/desk based work etc. I have for the last 5 months been attending the gym 3 times per week, swimming and other activities such as ditching the car in favour of walking and so on. I have now lost over a stone and dropped 2 belt holes . The body is looking a lot more athletic and defined.

Now I want to shed some of the remaining fat especially around the abs, pecs, lats etc. while still allowing muscles to strengthen and increase (not looking to body build, just become more athletic, toned/defined and leaner)

Anyone have any links to meal plans that I can utilise? Not really sure where to start to reduce fat but still build. define and strengthen muscle

thanks
Page 1
    • Exerbusi2
    • By Exerbusi2 18th Apr 17, 10:12 AM
    • 232 Posts
    • 152 Thanks
    Exerbusi2
    • 18th Apr 17, 10:12 AM
    • 18th Apr 17, 10:12 AM
    Hi there!

I'd suggest you download an app called 'My Fitness Pal' - it's a calorie counting app, so rather than following a particular diet, it helps you lose weight by eating the foods you like - it tells you how many calories you need to be eating to lose weight and helps you stick to that number.

It's totally free, so won't cost you a penny!
    Loan 5000 0; Overdraft 700 0
    Savings 0 +1500; Share Portfolio 0 +4000
    0 Credit Card 6800 1700
    • pink princess
    • By pink princess 19th Apr 17, 9:13 AM
    • 11,966 Posts
    • 34,844 Thanks
    pink princess
    • 19th Apr 17, 9:13 AM
    • 19th Apr 17, 9:13 AM
    It sounds like you are wanting to recomp.

Choose any foods you like but get your calories to your maintenance level. Protein and fat are your friends, ensure you eat 0.8g of protein per 1lb of body weight and 20% of your calories from fats.

Are you following a lifting programme?
    Life is short, smile while you still have teeth
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,944Posts Today

6,860Users online

Martin's Twitter