Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jgeorge1983
    • By jgeorge1983 17th Apr 17, 6:11 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    jgeorge1983
    Saving for a wedding
    • 17th Apr 17, 6:11 PM
    Saving for a wedding 17th Apr 17 at 6:11 PM
    So....I proposed to my girlfriend on Friday, now Fiance. And we're thinking about saving. We're thinking the wedding to be in two years so hoping to put away £500 a month into a savings/ISA account. We will most likely need access to this account to withdraw for deposits before the intended date.

We're just looking for advice on the best accounts or ways to save anyone can offer.

Thanks in advance,

Jay & Jenny
Page 2
    • Monika333
    • By Monika333 22nd Oct 17, 10:34 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Monika333
    I know a lot of people think that it is too expensive to hire a wedding planner, but in my opinion, it is possible to address a professional in order to choose a kind of wedding and find out how much money you will need. My husband and I did the same way when we were going to get married. We were on a budget and couldn't calculate the needed sum by ourselves, so we addressed a wedding planner (http://www.vegasweddingsplanner.com/) who helped us a lot. But it's only my opinion, maybe you think different.
    • le loup
    • By le loup 23rd Oct 17, 9:00 AM
    • 3,641 Posts
    • 3,572 Thanks
    le loup
    Yea.
    I want to go on holiday and don't know how much it will cost so I'm going to hire a holiday planner to enable it to cost more.
    On the other hand I might just do some research. What on earth did people do before wedding planners were invented?
    • atush
    • By atush 23rd Oct 17, 12:49 PM
    • 16,334 Posts
    • 10,082 Thanks
    atush
    I would ignore all the advice about having a smaller wedding. Do what you want,
    Poor advice. Of course they can do whatever they want, but if they dont own a home, they would be better off doing something fun like eloping, and have a nees up down the pub or a hog roast and free bar party when they got back.

It is our duty to point out altrenatives to others making a choice.

I do agree with regualr savers to start, then opening high interest current accounts to receive the year end payments.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

189Posts Today

2,087Users online

Martin's Twitter