Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Goldendolphin
    • By Goldendolphin 17th Apr 17, 4:35 PM
    • 30Posts
    • 10Thanks
    Goldendolphin
    Anyone heard of Nationwide corporate finance?
    • 17th Apr 17, 4:35 PM
    Anyone heard of Nationwide corporate finance? 17th Apr 17 at 4:35 PM
    Hey Guys,

Has anyone heard of Nationwide corporate finance...
    I'm looking to get a business loan for my business thats been trading since November last year.

I've spoken to Nationwide Corporate Finance.. They needed a guarantor which is cool. and have offered me a loan (all done very fast within a day on a bank holiday).
    But they're asking for the one off set up fee and the first payment before the loan goes into my account which sounds odd to me..

He said it was just company policy.

they have tons of good reviews online but I don't know about the sites they're listed on so not sure if its legit or not.

Thanks.
Page 2
    • Mobeer
    • By Mobeer 28th Jun 17, 2:31 PM
    • 1,710 Posts
    • 4,392 Thanks
    Mobeer
    Any legitimate lender who wanted to charge up-front monies for a loan would deduct it from what they gave you, not require it to be paid first.
    Originally posted by ThePants999
    As mentioned a few times in this thread, they are not a lender! They are a broker who charge for their services, just like other brokers do.
    • SnowTiger
    • By SnowTiger 29th Jun 17, 7:11 AM
    • 3,079 Posts
    • 2,047 Thanks
    SnowTiger
    As mentioned a few times in this thread, they are not a lender! They are a broker who charge for their services, just like other brokers do.
    Originally posted by Mobeer
    Extremely misleading website:

We will always try to approve finance for you.
    NCF Unsecured business loans can be used to cover a wide range of requirements for your business.
    Our no hassle business loans are available to any UK business, the application process is simple and is quick enough to be completed online in minutes.
    There's a link to feefo reviews on their website. Lots of positive reviews, mostly dated 15th May 2017 and 18th March 2017. Obviously fake.
    • edd 1234
    • By edd 1234 3rd Jul 17, 4:09 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    edd 1234
    I would like to thank everyone for the replies here. I have had a few calls and letters from these guys saying im pre approved for finance however I have never taken them up on it, thankfully
    • SparklesJD
    • By SparklesJD 3rd Jul 17, 6:12 PM
    • 76 Posts
    • 111 Thanks
    SparklesJD
    As another poster has suggested, get a Start Up Loan - fixed interest of 6% APR, up to £25,000 per owner and business support like mentoring, free help to complete your business plan and CFF if you need it. NO fees or admin charges other than interest.

I am slightly biased as I used to work for a delivery partner, but it really is an excellent scheme for pre-start and new businesses (up to 2 years old).

Go to www.startuploanscompany.co.uk and register your interest, they'll refer you to a partner in your area or sector.
    Worker in, and passionate advocate of, the credit union movement. I don't speak for the sector or for any individual CU. My opinions & experiences are my own.

Search MSE for more info about CUs and find ones that cover your area by searching online for 'find your credit union'.
    • maxmycardagain
    • By maxmycardagain 5th Jul 17, 7:00 PM
    • 4,410 Posts
    • 3,677 Thanks
    maxmycardagain
    Dont slate Nationwide Corporate Finance Limited on MSE... they sue you

Please see below the complaint:

The natural and ordinary meaning of this statement is that our client takes deposits from its clients with no intention of assuring funding for them by way of a loan. The innuendo meaning of the statement is the same; that our client misleads its own client in a manner which breaches the provisions of the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regulations 2008, and more generally, as such providing a negligent and potentially fraudulent service. As such, the seriousness of this allegation and the fact that “edd 12134” confirms, at 4:09PM on 3rd Jul that “I have had a few calls and letters from these guys saying I’ve been pre-approved for fianc! however I have never taken them up on it, thankfully” demonstrates the effect upon our client’s financial interests already caused by the Thread’s contents, thereby demonstrating “serious harm” for the purposes of Section 1 of the 2013 Act. These allegations are wholly untrue and presented as statements of fact, rather than opinion, and even if they were justifiable as honest opinion, contain no basis upon which that opinion is founded and as such do not meet the 2013 Act’s requirements in relation to that defence.

Complainant name: Steve Kuncewicz
    Complainant’s email address: steve.kuncewicz@slatergordon.co.uk
    Instead of picking fault, pick up a life........ you might like it
    • maxmycardagain
    • By maxmycardagain 6th Jul 17, 8:59 AM
    • 4,410 Posts
    • 3,677 Thanks
    maxmycardagain
    your all in trouble............
    Last edited by maxmycardagain; 06-07-2017 at 9:23 AM.
    • StopIt
    • By StopIt 6th Jul 17, 10:12 AM
    • 1,371 Posts
    • 1,167 Thanks
    StopIt

The natural and ordinary meaning of this statement is that our client takes deposits from its clients with no intention of assuring funding for them by way of a loan. The innuendo meaning of the statement is the same; that our client misleads its own client in a manner which breaches the provisions of the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regulations 2008, and more generally, as such providing a negligent and potentially fraudulent service. As such, the seriousness of this allegation and the fact that “edd 12134” confirms, at 4:09PM on 3rd Jul that “I have had a few calls and letters from these guys saying I’ve been pre-approved for fianc! however I have never taken them up on it, thankfully” demonstrates the effect upon our client’s financial interests already caused by the Thread’s contents, thereby demonstrating “serious harm” for the purposes of Section 1 of the 2013 Act. These allegations are wholly untrue and presented as statements of fact, rather than opinion, and even if they were justifiable as honest opinion, contain no basis upon which that opinion is founded and as such do not meet the 2013 Act’s requirements in relation to that defence.

Originally posted by maxmycardagain
    Edit: Apologies, I should read better.

Spurious attempts to silence a public forum isn't exactly the best way to silence opinion though.
    your all in trouble............
    Wrong usage on "You're" aside, edit: Oh.

They're not suing anyone, they've made a complaint however it seems. Wow, petty! C'est la vie.
    Last edited by StopIt; 06-07-2017 at 10:14 AM.
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 6th Jul 17, 10:20 AM
    • 11,435 Posts
    • 15,025 Thanks
    MothballsWallet

Nice to know NCF use Slater & Gordon, aka the personal injury lawyers who advertise on TV...
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?
    Married to an immigrant.
    Even my PC is nicknamed "GIBBS".
    • maxmycardagain
    • By maxmycardagain 6th Jul 17, 10:21 AM
    • 4,410 Posts
    • 3,677 Thanks
    maxmycardagain
    Its a loan for £15000 and the set up fee is £778.80 including VAT
    Monthly payments are 715.81 including VAT over 3 years...
    Originally posted by Goldendolphin
    VAT on monthly repayments?
    • maxmycardagain
    • By maxmycardagain 9th Jul 17, 8:06 AM
    • 4,410 Posts
    • 3,677 Thanks
    maxmycardagain
    Seems this shyster company doesnt like adverse comments and is about to sue all MSE members with no love for them

PAYBACKS A !!!!! AINT IT

• MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 9th Jul 17, 3:30 PM
    • 11,435 Posts
    • 15,025 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    Edit: Apologies, I should read better.

Spurious attempts to silence a public forum isn't exactly the best way to silence opinion though.

Wrong usage on "You're" aside, edit: Oh.

They're not suing anyone, they've made a complaint however it seems. Wow, petty! C'est la vie.
    Originally posted by StopIt
    Maybe someone needs to remind "Steve" about United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights (aka General Declaration of Human Rights) Article 19...
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?
    Married to an immigrant.
    Even my PC is nicknamed "GIBBS".
    • I Lostit
    • By I Lostit 12th Nov 17, 10:46 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    I Lostit
    Take great care
    With this firm you need to be extremely careful and to record what their sales people say in the beginning, do not fail to do this.

Then read the small print very carefully indeed. Failure to do this can be very expensive indeed.
    In addition the other reviews on the web are curiously repetitive. Almost each one says
    'professional' er........!!! Do not need to be Sherlock Holmes here.......
    • jonesMUFCforever
    • By jonesMUFCforever 12th Nov 17, 11:56 AM
    • 24,171 Posts
    • 11,445 Thanks
    jonesMUFCforever
    Did anybody put that email addy into SlaterGordon's search facility?
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always receive lots
    • AndyPix
    • By AndyPix 13th Nov 17, 2:57 PM
    • 2,885 Posts
    • 1,964 Thanks
    AndyPix
    In MY opinion , It is very misleading to only mention that they are a broker in small print at the very bottom of the site.

"Nationwide Corporate Finance Limited can arrange finance to be provided by its sister company Alfandari Private Equities Limited and is also a broker."

The website, again in my opinion, is very deceptive and makes all the noises of being an actual loan company
    Running with scissors since 1978
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,204Posts Today

6,753Users online

Martin's Twitter