Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • GT60
    • By GT60 17th Apr 17, 3:36 PM
    • 1,835Posts
    • 953Thanks
    GT60
    Talktalk Brilliant outstanding CS
    • 17th Apr 17, 3:36 PM
    Talktalk Brilliant outstanding CS 17th Apr 17 at 3:36 PM
    Brilliant outstanding CS by a man who’s name I have forgotten sorry.
    17/04/17 @ 13:55 ish he spent tons of time checking and going through everything to find a fault on my BB, that a man said didn’t exist 30 minutes earlier
    My son was complaining of the wifi dropping and unable to watch a film and be on FB at the same time or something like that.
    Anyway an engineer is coming out next week.
    Too think I was going to move over to PlusNet because of the deals they have on mobile data for my two of my sons but I look at the reviews on two different sites and couldn’t find ten good comments out of all the reviews for Plusnet
    So a very lucky escape there Phew!!
    Thank you once again to the man on the second call
    Spending my time reading how to fix PC's,instead of looking at Facebook.
Page 1
    • Coveredinbees!!!!
    • By Coveredinbees!!!! 17th Apr 17, 4:22 PM
    • 3,157 Posts
    • 1,953 Thanks
    Coveredinbees!!!!
    • 17th Apr 17, 4:22 PM
    • 17th Apr 17, 4:22 PM
    Are you sure you didn't dream it?

• devizes18193
    • By devizes18193 17th Apr 17, 4:41 PM
    • 1,430 Posts
    • 671 Thanks
    devizes18193
    • 17th Apr 17, 4:41 PM
    • 17th Apr 17, 4:41 PM
    april fool maybe .
    • GT60
    • By GT60 17th Apr 17, 5:11 PM
    • 1,835 Posts
    • 953 Thanks
    GT60
    • 17th Apr 17, 5:11 PM
    • 17th Apr 17, 5:11 PM
    Nope didn't dream.
    Even I slag off TT but they do get it right sometimes and after reading the crap reviews for plusnet I know who's bed I will be sleeping in
    Spending my time reading how to fix PC's,instead of looking at Facebook.
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 17th Apr 17, 5:22 PM
    • 9,842 Posts
    • 4,051 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 17th Apr 17, 5:22 PM
    • 17th Apr 17, 5:22 PM
    Well that's the second well done post for TT this year .
    • anactuary
    • By anactuary 17th Apr 17, 5:30 PM
    • 634 Posts
    • 161 Thanks
    anactuary
    • 17th Apr 17, 5:30 PM
    • 17th Apr 17, 5:30 PM
    I wouldn't go back to TT even if it was free.
    • TalkTalk
      Verified User verified user
    • By TalkTalk Verified User verified user 18th Apr 17, 2:34 PM
    • 1,796 Posts
    • 304 Thanks
    TalkTalk
    • 18th Apr 17, 2:34 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 2:34 PM
    Hi GT60

I'm so glad to hear this. I'm glad that he was able to help you with your issues.

Thanks so much for letting us know. If you need any help after the engineer visit please let us know.

Vicky
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • mac.d
    • By mac.d 18th Apr 17, 2:38 PM
    • 491 Posts
    • 386 Thanks
    mac.d
    • 18th Apr 17, 2:38 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 2:38 PM
    So there's a problem with your broadband and after the first CS rep said there was nothing wrong, when you phoned a second time your ISP is sending an engineer out, and that is outstanding CS?

It's a sad state of affairs if the expectations are so low that 2 calls to get an ISP just to do their actual job is seen as outstanding! But good luck, hope the engineer does fix the issue for you.
    • Coveredinbees!!!!
    • By Coveredinbees!!!! 19th Apr 17, 11:08 AM
    • 3,157 Posts
    • 1,953 Thanks
    Coveredinbees!!!!
    • 19th Apr 17, 11:08 AM
    • 19th Apr 17, 11:08 AM
    Hey Vicky, I had one of your engineers out, he said there was a problem on my line and your call center then deigned any such thing. My broadband speed dropped from 1.5 - 1.8M to less than 1M and they said that was OK and wouldn't budge. I don't really care much now as in a couple of weeks I will be on 50M fibre with a different company. Your lot maybe cheap but when something does go wrong they just don't want to know.

• TalkTalk
    • By TalkTalk Verified User verified user 19th Apr 17, 2:56 PM
    • 1,796 Posts
    • 304 Thanks
    TalkTalk
    Hi Coveredinb...

We'd really like to have a look into this for you. If you drop us a tweet (@TalkTalk), we'll be able to investigate what's happening here.

Thanks,
    Becky
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • gardner1
    • By gardner1 24th Apr 17, 11:09 AM
    • 2,184 Posts
    • 3,088 Thanks
    gardner1
    I wouldn't go back to TT even if it was free.
    Originally posted by anactuary
    I wouldn't use them if they paid me
    • POPPYOSCAR
    • By POPPYOSCAR 28th Apr 17, 11:43 AM
    • 10,785 Posts
    • 22,428 Thanks
    POPPYOSCAR
    I wouldn't use them if they paid me
    Originally posted by gardner1
    Can I ask why?

I am fed up with BT now charging me £44 per month.

Have to have standard broadband and speed is low usually around 2mb.
    • POPPYOSCAR
    • By POPPYOSCAR 28th Apr 17, 11:46 AM
    • 10,785 Posts
    • 22,428 Thanks
    POPPYOSCAR
    Can I also ask the Talk Talk rep.

i went on live chat on your website.

Had a very long drawn out chat.

Although I already have a tel line with BT you need to send an engineer for a new line and tel. no?

Confused by this.
    • POPPYOSCAR
    • By POPPYOSCAR 28th Apr 17, 11:59 AM
    • 10,785 Posts
    • 22,428 Thanks
    POPPYOSCAR
    So there's a problem with your broadband and after the first CS rep said there was nothing wrong, when you phoned a second time your ISP is sending an engineer out, and that is outstanding CS?

It's a sad state of affairs if the expectations are so low that 2 calls to get an ISP just to do their actual job is seen as outstanding! But good luck, hope the engineer does fix the issue for you.
    Originally posted by mac.d

Who would you recommend?

BT customer service is terrible at times.
    • TalkTalk
    • By TalkTalk Verified User verified user 28th Apr 17, 3:26 PM
    • 1,796 Posts
    • 304 Thanks
    TalkTalk
    Hi POPPYOSCAR,

Have you tried placing an order online using your existing number? If you need any help please tweet @TalkTalk or register and post on our community so we can look into this for you.

Emma
    • POPPYOSCAR
    • By POPPYOSCAR 28th Apr 17, 3:36 PM
    • 10,785 Posts
    • 22,428 Thanks
    POPPYOSCAR
    Hi POPPYOSCAR,

Have you tried placing an order online using your existing number? If you need any help please tweet @TalkTalk or register and post on our community so we can look into this for you.

Emma
    Originally posted by TalkTalk Company Representative
    Yes I have.

It says not available in my area yet.

However when I put just my address in it says an engineer will need to come and put in a new line and give me a new tel number.

I went on live chat and the conversation was very confusing but in the end they said I could get fast broadband with you but would need a new telephone number.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,056Posts Today

6,988Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin