Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • globularity
    • By globularity 17th Apr 17, 3:24 PM
    • 19Posts
    • 0Thanks
    globularity
    Hedgestone Group, I think its a scam
    • 17th Apr 17, 3:24 PM
    Hedgestone Group, I think its a scam 17th Apr 17 at 3:24 PM
    Hi, my mum responded to a facebook advert for hedgestone group which says its a forex trading site. They were happy to take £200 from her account using the long number on her card. Then when we tried to access the account they wanted us to verify our identity. They requested coulour copys of her passport and copies of her credit card front and back and a bill, they said this was to prevent money laundering. If that was true then why take the money first. Mum decided to empty her account so they couldnt take the money because she became suspicios(she tranfered it to my account). I put the money back because I was worried the bank will still pay them then charge her for being overdrawn. We have contacted our banks fraud team and cancelled the card so they cant take any more money. They said we should be able to get the money back. Just thought Id post this to warn people
Page 2
    • jennyjj
    • By jennyjj 20th Sep 17, 2:17 PM
    • 224 Posts
    • 341 Thanks
    jennyjj
    Obvious scammer spam reported.
    Originally posted by Malthusian
    Agreed and seconded. A quick google reveals that poster's true intent.
    • Peter314
    • By Peter314 20th Sep 17, 2:18 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    Peter314
    Maybe redact the spammer's email address when quoting. Otherwise the responses preserve the spam long after the post has been deleted.
    • Malthusian
    • By Malthusian 21st Sep 17, 9:26 AM
    • 3,435 Posts
    • 5,271 Thanks
    Malthusian
    I've redacted part of the spammer's email on the offchance that anyone is Googling their name.
    • Katiecor
    • By Katiecor 4th Oct 17, 12:58 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Katiecor
    I lost my investment with 72 Options binary brokers. I wasted so much time hiring a lawyer and going through several legal battle, It was all a waste of time and money. Eventually I hired a Professional who helped me with my Charge back, I recouped all my funds invested and the interest accrued to it. Beware of binary options broker and invest your funds wisely
    • Eco Miser
    • By Eco Miser 4th Oct 17, 1:04 AM
    • 3,222 Posts
    • 2,984 Thanks
    Eco Miser
    Eventually I hired a Professional who helped me with my Charge back, I recouped all my funds invested and the interest accrued to it.
    Originally posted by Katiecor
    I wonder if this was the same expert that meryl garner used.
    Eco Miser
    Saving money for well over half a century
    • Malthusian
    • By Malthusian 4th Oct 17, 9:50 AM
    • 3,435 Posts
    • 5,271 Thanks
    Malthusian
    Why would you need a professional to help you do a credit card chargeback?

Anyone thinking of PMing Katiecor asking for the name of this "professional" should exercise great caution.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

214Posts Today

2,023Users online

Martin's Twitter