Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Racytracy
    • By Racytracy 17th Apr 17, 1:16 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Racytracy
    iD mobile billing
    • 17th Apr 17, 1:16 PM
    iD mobile billing 17th Apr 17 at 1:16 PM
    Hello, am new to this, but need help with a way forward please?
    I rung this company on 24/3 to cancel 30 day rolling contract and asked for final paper bill as had cancelled direct debit due to previous billing issues, and they agreed to do. Since then, in last 10 days, I've had no bill but a final demand from iD to which i replied with a recorded delivery letter explaining, and 2 letters from a debt recovery called CATS. The amounts they are both requesting are different.

The thing now is I've been unemployed for 4 yrs and finally have a job offer from a major high Street bank who are to vet my credit file. Having checked mine yesterday, they've put am behind by month with my bill. I'm concerned about larger ramifications as I have only 2 credit cards which I PAY IN FULL every month. I believe the amount I owe is 12.50. HELP!
Page 1
    • Farway
    • By Farway 17th Apr 17, 2:44 PM
    • 5,162 Posts
    • 5,053 Thanks
    Farway
    • 17th Apr 17, 2:44 PM
    • 17th Apr 17, 2:44 PM
    At a guess the debt recovery bill includes their costs as well as the bill from ID

You are right to be concerned about ramifications on your credit file and getting a job in a bank, lesson learnt I hope, for you and anyone reading, is never cancel a direct debit over a billing issue

Way ahead? honestly? Swallow your pride and jsut pay the bill, you have a potential emplyer who will probably put your application in the shredder along with your credit report if it shouts DEBT at them
    Last edited by Farway; 17-04-2017 at 2:46 PM.
    • sdduk
    • By sdduk 17th Apr 17, 6:40 PM
    • 1,019 Posts
    • 271 Thanks
    sdduk
    • 17th Apr 17, 6:40 PM
    • 17th Apr 17, 6:40 PM
    Farway is right you should never cancel your DD its the worst thing you can do as you have just found out.
    Even if you pay the debt your credit score is up the wall because the late payment will stay there on record.
    If i leave a mobile provider i never cancel my DD i just leave it because in the end it can be sorted out if you are over charged it may take a bit of time but its better then trashing your credit file.
    Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody, therefore I am Perfect
  • idmobile
    • 18th Apr 17, 4:33 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 4:33 PM
    Hi Racytracy, we are disappointed to hear you have been facing issues when cancelling your iD Mobile contract and we would like to help.

When you cancelled your contract on 23/03, were you advised that we require 30 days notice, for any termination? This would mean, you remain in contract with iD Mobile and would continue to have use of our services, until 30/04/17. You would need to keep your Direct Debit open for this time, to allow for any final payments to be taken, were you advised of this?

We appreciate that this is distressing for you and would like to have this resolved quickly, if you can contact our Social Media Team, they can look into this and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

iD Mobile.
    facebook.com/idmobileuk/
    twitter.com/id_mobile_uk
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of iD Mobile. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,314Posts Today

8,531Users online

Martin's Twitter