Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • rover25
    • By rover25 17th Apr 17, 11:51 AM
    • 383Posts
    • 34Thanks
    rover25
    Another viewing after sale agreed?
    • 17th Apr 17, 11:51 AM
    Another viewing after sale agreed? 17th Apr 17 at 11:51 AM
    We had our offer accepted on a property we liked. We would really like another viewing ow after sale agreed. Is it normal for estate agents to accommodate this or will they be a bit 'funny' with me if I request this now?
Page 1
    • Mojisola
    • By Mojisola 17th Apr 17, 12:17 PM
    • 27,066 Posts
    • 69,014 Thanks
    Mojisola
    • 17th Apr 17, 12:17 PM
    • 17th Apr 17, 12:17 PM
    We had our offer accepted on a property we liked. We would really like another viewing ow after sale agreed. Is it normal for estate agents to accommodate this or will they be a bit 'funny' with me if I request this now?
    Originally posted by rover25
    You're spending probably the largest amount of money you're ever going to on one item. Why wouldn't you have more than one look around it?
    • KiwiCoop
    • By KiwiCoop 17th Apr 17, 5:25 PM
    • 65 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    KiwiCoop
    • 17th Apr 17, 5:25 PM
    • 17th Apr 17, 5:25 PM
    Just say you want in to take a few measurements and check a couple of things. They should have no problem at all - if they do, assume they have something to hide. If you have any concerns get a full building survey done in addition to the lender's.
    • Old Git
    • By Old Git 17th Apr 17, 10:37 PM
    • 4,197 Posts
    • 3,679 Thanks
    Old Git
    • 17th Apr 17, 10:37 PM
    • 17th Apr 17, 10:37 PM
    lts normal to ask ,just dont ask for 20 viewings
    "Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many"
    • x12yhp
    • By x12yhp 18th Apr 17, 1:42 PM
    • 739 Posts
    • 394 Thanks
    x12yhp
    • 18th Apr 17, 1:42 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 1:42 PM
    We completed a house a few weeks ago. We took it as read that things like integrated appliances worked, heating worked (etc). On discovering some 5k odds of replacements/remedial work needing done, the estate agents and solicitor tell us that it's our problem and it is buyer beware.

Moral of the story is you need to go in and spend plenty of time checking things. If the estate agent is not willing to accommodate, you risk things not as they should be and having practically no recourse.
    Always overestimating...
    • duggan1
    • By duggan1 18th Apr 17, 2:40 PM
    • 380 Posts
    • 243 Thanks
    duggan1
    • 18th Apr 17, 2:40 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 2:40 PM
    Make sure you look in the attic too.
    • Mojisola
    • By Mojisola 18th Apr 17, 4:16 PM
    • 27,066 Posts
    • 69,014 Thanks
    Mojisola
    • 18th Apr 17, 4:16 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 4:16 PM
    Moral of the story is you need to go in and spend plenty of time checking things. If the estate agent is not willing to accommodate, you risk things not as they should be and having practically no recourse.
    Originally posted by x12yhp
    We were a bit naive when we bought our current house - many years ago. If we move from here, I will go round switching lights on and off, flushing the loos, testing any appliances that are being left - and lifting manholes to check the drains!

I got very competent dealing with drain blockages after we took over this house.
    • x12yhp
    • By x12yhp 18th Apr 17, 8:05 PM
    • 739 Posts
    • 394 Thanks
    x12yhp
    • 18th Apr 17, 8:05 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 8:05 PM
    We were a bit naive when we bought our current house - many years ago. If we move from here, I will go round switching lights on and off, flushing the loos, testing any appliances that are being left - and lifting manholes to check the drains!

I got very competent dealing with drain blockages after we took over this house.
    Originally posted by Mojisola
    Likewise... Now!

Basically, as a buyer, once the money is transferred the contract is almost worthless. If I was a cash buyer, I'd seriously consider doing it myself.
    Always overestimating...
    • firsttimetom
    • By firsttimetom 18th Apr 17, 8:59 PM
    • 276 Posts
    • 313 Thanks
    firsttimetom
    • 18th Apr 17, 8:59 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 8:59 PM
    If they say no, tell them you'll pull out of the sale and they'll soon change their minds.
    • Zola.
    • By Zola. 19th Apr 17, 9:38 AM
    • 879 Posts
    • 296 Thanks
    Zola.
    We viewed a house 3 times before committing....and got a home buyers report as well, well worth the money. They will find things you dont see.
    • BelfastFTB
    • By BelfastFTB 23rd Apr 17, 5:59 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 38 Thanks
    BelfastFTB
    I ageee with firsttimetom! Funny enough, when we requested a viewing after we had agreed a price, our third in total, it was the EA which had a problem with it. Not the vendor.

Measurements is always a good excuse.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,519Posts Today

7,412Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @itvMLshow: We are filming tomorrow in Torremolinos! If you're in the area, head to Branigans on Av. Palma de Mallorca between 5pm-6.45p?

• RT @mmhpi: ??The money and mental health manifesto - 10 steps to boost #mentalhealth & financial #wellbeing for Britain #GE2017 https://t.c?

• In Spain in a restaurant ready for filming in Torremolinos tomorrow (do come and see us if you're there) watching #mcfcmufc #CTID

• Follow Martin