Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • PurpleFairy26
    • By PurpleFairy26 17th Apr 17, 7:31 AM
    • 1,571Posts
    • 10,633Thanks
    PurpleFairy26
    What small DFW things will you do this week. W/c 17th April
    • 17th Apr 17, 7:31 AM
    What small DFW things will you do this week. W/c 17th April 17th Apr 17 at 7:31 AM
    When we start out on the DFW trail we do loads of "big stuff" that makes quite a difference to our situation. These include having our lightbulb moment, cutting up the credit cards and cancelling Sky and the gym.

But once we have done the bigger stuff, we often feel that we are not making the same amount of progress, when in fact the small steps are helping us form good financial habits and helping us get closer everyday to staying in control and becoming debt free, or staying debt free.

Examples could be hanging washing out instead of using the tumble dryer or leaving your purse/wallet at home to avoid the risk of spending.

So be proud of those small steps, they really are important
Page 3
    • Twins
    • By Twins 19th Apr 17, 7:58 AM
    • 134 Posts
    • 388 Thanks
    Twins
    Good Morning everyone,

Happy Hump day as they say! Feeling pretty fed up today as discovered yesterday that my boiler had started to leak. All this after British Gas were here less than a month ago to repair several other problems with it and it took them 3 weeks to sort out! I've had to pay the £60 call out charge again but that will will be nothing in comparison to a new boiler as mine is 16 years old and I'm worried they'll say they can no longer fix it! Fingers crossed for later when the engineer is due to arrive.

Apart from that another WFH day today so:

- All meals from cupboards and intend on a NSD today
    - Will complete surveys and Swagbucks
    - Run the hoover around downstairs at some point

Think that's all I'll have time for today.

Have a good day everyone
    LBM April 2011 Debt £30,800 now in DMP land
    Slowly chipping away at my debts: April 17 £17,388
    Debt free date: Jan 2023. I will be free
    • 1LuckyLady
    • By 1LuckyLady 19th Apr 17, 8:15 AM
    • 400 Posts
    • 4,150 Thanks
    1LuckyLady
    Morning all,

Dnms, good news about the school place. Scary to read that time speeds up even more though it doesn't seem long since ds1 started school and this year he will go onto secondary, its all just going to fast.

Twins, I hope the boiler gets fixed again, what a pain.

FVD, Hope today goes ok for your ds.

Hk, hope that kitty turns up for you both.

Todays list
    * Quick coffee, post on here then off to the gym to make the most of my membership Done and refilled water bottle whilst there
    * Take ds2 for blood tests Done, bless him he's as good as gold getting these done as he's been having them at least twice a year for the last 5yrs
    * Get ds1's glasses fixed in town Not done as ds left glasses at home when we went out, glad he did actually as it meant we had a fun afternoon instead
    * Take ds's skateboards as there is somewhere near town that might be good for them to get started as we are going past anyway, worth a look.
    * Make banana American pancakes to use up to very brown bananas
    * Hoping for all meals from stores, we've got plenty but as dh is on holiday too and we have to pop into town he may end up changing plans Had a bag of chips, sitting on a bench overlooking the sea so I can't complain
    * Entertainment - lego, reading, tv, film from stash,
    * Check banking / update spreadsheet DONE
    * Check luckyphone / fpl DONE

Not sure what else the day will bring, I love having everyone home for the holidays but I struggle with low moods when not in routine.

Last edited by 1LuckyLady; 19-04-2017 at 5:03 PM.
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
    • DawnW
    • By DawnW 19th Apr 17, 8:30 AM
    • 4,270 Posts
    • 32,390 Thanks
    DawnW
    Morning all
    Today's plans:
    Dog walks
    Remove fleece from fruit trees in flower to allow access to bees etc. Must put it back tonight again though
    Unload car which is still full of stuff bought back from my sales unit yesterday
    Shift some boxes of stock from garage so I can tidy it up a bit. The boxes can go back up to the spare bedroom, as DS seems to have left now (though most of his stuff hasn't)
    Load of washing, dry on line outside
    Cleaning upstairs, didn't do this yesterday
    Put away stuff from our weekend away
    Need to do a shop, I have put it off till now but must do it today
    Find and pack an ebay item
    Take 2 parcels to post office
    List at least one new item!
    Check banks
    Check for surveys
    Make soup with lurking parsnips
    Sausage and veg roast for dinner tonight

If I get all that done it will be a miracle
    Last edited by DawnW; 19-04-2017 at 5:57 PM.

• crazy_cat_lady
    • By crazy_cat_lady 19th Apr 17, 8:49 AM
    • 3,662 Posts
    • 25,703 Thanks
    crazy_cat_lady
    Morning all
    Just enjoying my second cuppa of the day and trying to pull myself round a bit ready to face the day ahead. I am going to see one of my best friends which I'm really excited about - she hasn't been very well lately so I want to see her for myself to make sure she's ok.
    It won't be a nsd but am hoping for a lsd - just a few bits to take to my friend's with us.
    Other than that...
    Minimal housework
    Mark 4 pieces of schoolwork
    Spend a lovely day catching up with friend
    Try not to stress

Twins - sorry to hear about your boiler. I had to have mine looked at a couple of months ago and was told it was approaching the end of its life (it's 8)...
    FvD - so pleased that the cat is ok
    DNMS - fantastic news on the school place
    NST April #15 NSD 10/16 RYSAW17 #1 £389.27 20p Savers #88 £1 a day for Xmas # DFD 6 Nov 15 - paid £28,447
    • FatVonD
    • By FatVonD 19th Apr 17, 9:20 AM
    • 4,275 Posts
    • 15,361 Thanks
    FatVonD
    DS has taken out a pack of leftover lamb I put in the freezer on Sunday and also a pack of YS mash so if they're still there when I get home that's dinner sorted. I have just a smear of mint sauce left in the bottom of a jar that I can mix into some gravy and then I can do some veg and a couple of value Yorkshire puds on the side

Re boilers, mine is ancient too but all the time it's still working I'm not replacing it! Someone I know was told their boiler was on its last legs 12 years ago and it's still going strong!
    Spend on clothes in 2017 £37.50/£33 (Oops!)
    Make £10 a day in April £236.24/£300 (March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54)
    • Baileys Babe
    • By Baileys Babe 19th Apr 17, 10:03 AM
    • 2,164 Posts
    • 10,149 Thanks
    Baileys Babe
    Morning

I'm not sure what today holds, but I have a few things I would like to get done if at all possible:
    1. Return underwear I bought for ds (he has it is wrong, just wrong) and replace with some that isn't wrong - wish me luck.
    2. Pack for our holiday, we are going away tomorrow and back on the 28th, my 12 yo nephew may be coming with us, he hasn't decided, unsurprising given how his life has changed in the last week.
    3. Do some home baking to take on holiday with us.
    4. Pack the car for going away.
    5. Contact sister's SIL so she knows we are away so she is warned she may need to babysit out 3 yo niece.
    I have no idea what time we are leaving tomorrow as I am not sure if my sister will need me to look after her 3 year old whilst she attends meetings, has a moment to herself or what ever else she needs.

Today's plans:
    Nephew to cook eldest nephew to cook dinner
    Stick to meal plan
    LSD only ds' underwear
    B/L/D from stores
    PAD
    FPL, Ashleigh etc

Tidy house = tidy mind:
    Sweep upstairs
    DD to make enough of her bedroom floor visible that adults can walk into her room

I also find posting on here makes me accountable. I also have an inner dialogue where I tell you guys things or at last try and mentally note down things I want to tell you.

Apr '17 GC £280/117.17(overspend March) +
    Jan - Mar '17 GC £910/1027.17
    • La escocesa
    • By La escocesa 19th Apr 17, 1:17 PM
    • 2,778 Posts
    • 17,267 Thanks
    La escocesa
    Hiya pals

Sorry for being a grump yesterday and bothering you with my moans – I kept waking up in the night thinking about it, which seems so silly. We have enjoyed moving here and we’ve often said that if we still lived in the same city we would still have moved house for some fairly straightforward reasons (we like a semi-detached rather than a terrace, driveway rather than fighting for parking on a narrow street, an enclosed garden rather than one with shared access for the other houses in the terrace…). If you could pick up houses and drop them somewhere else I would’ve done that in a shot but alas we had to look for a new one. Simple really.

Here’s me with some positive news:
    Cheapo porridge brekkie
    Free lunch! Clients didn’t eat all the sandwiches we bought for them
    Leftover soup to go with free sandwich – wasn’t really a full portion y’see so I was thinking I’d have to buy something
    Bit of a walk – around 35 min – free exercise
    Reading a free kindle book – can’t remember the last book I paid for tbh

Not sure what tonight has in store – might meet up with a pal but if she’s working late I’ll be staying in tidying.
    • Twins
    • By Twins 19th Apr 17, 1:49 PM
    • 134 Posts
    • 388 Thanks
    Twins
    DS has taken out a pack of leftover lamb I put in the freezer on Sunday and also a pack of YS mash so if they're still there when I get home that's dinner sorted. I have just a smear of mint sauce left in the bottom of a jar that I can mix into some gravy and then I can do some veg and a couple of value Yorkshire puds on the side

Re boilers, mine is ancient too but all the time it's still working I'm not replacing it! Someone I know was told their boiler was on its last legs 12 years ago and it's still going strong!
    Originally posted by FatVonD
    Thanks, that gives me hope!! It has only started to really play up this year. Still waiting for the engineer... what's the bet he will turn up when I've got a conference call scheduled for this afternoon
    Last edited by Twins; 19-04-2017 at 1:51 PM.
    • foxgloves
    • By foxgloves 19th Apr 17, 3:00 PM
    • 3,479 Posts
    • 16,339 Thanks
    foxgloves
    Hi,
    Am keeping the faith:
    *Veggies all watered.
    *Ironing done.
    *Budgets updated.
    *Few Onepoll surveys done.
    *£50 survey payment arrived from Ugov.
    *Made tomorrow's packed lunch.
    *Blanched & froze some leftover broccoli.
    *Washed hair & left it to dry naturally.
    *Cast on a pair of socks for the presents box.
    *Liaised with mr f about this week's grocery shopping.
    F x
    Money can't jump out of your purse on its own so ask 'Can I borrow one, make one, grow one, bake one, re-purpose or recycle, acquire it for free?' Yes? Then put that purse away & keep your money because little savings grow!
    Loan pay-down fund instalment 2 = £764-63
    Payment received from surveys: 2015 = £320 2016 = £210 2017 = £135
    • Exerbusi2
    • By Exerbusi2 19th Apr 17, 3:41 PM
    • 226 Posts
    • 148 Thanks
    Exerbusi2
    Not a small thing, but it's still helping me towards being debt free!

I was paid £2k for a project recently and I didn't touch a singly penny of it - the whole lot went on credit card repayments!

I'm now down from over £8k of debt originally to £1,800!
    Loan £5000 £0; Overdraft £700 £0
    Savings £0 +£3500; Share Portfolio £0 +£4000
    £0 Credit Card £6800 £1800
    • spendaholic
    • By spendaholic 19th Apr 17, 3:55 PM
    • 1,409 Posts
    • 7,263 Thanks
    spendaholic
    First time in this thread, but I do follow and join in with others ... However, the light just switched on at the end of my tunnel and I'm feeling motivated to keep the momentum going. So, if you don't mind, I'd like to join in ...

This week ...
    * sow more veg seeds (to bring grocery bill down) (DONE)
    * spend just £75 on shopping this week (2 adults, 3 pets, inc toiletries and detergents)
    * ring around creditors for balances for StepChange annual review (DONE)
    * PAY OFF FOUR! debts - 1 cleared, 1 with FFS, 1 very teeny tiny balance, 1 even had a credit! (DONE)
    * work out income for StepChange annual review
    * work out expenses for StepChange annual review
    * complete StepChange annual review
    * work out income for annual tax return
    * work out expenses for annual tax return
    * complete annual tax return
    * finish current work in progress (WiP) so I can invoice on Friday (am freelance)
    * start new WiP, so I can invoice next Friday (am still freelance)
    * bake at the weekend rather than buy cake & puddings

I think that's all for now - even if it is halfway through the week!
    Highest debt: £35k (2005); Current debt: £7k (2017)
    May GC: £300 (£0/£300)
    MY WINS

2 tickets to see the Harlem Globetrotters; designer cat food caddy; £2,500 cash; £36 cash; Jesus Christ Superstar tickets + 2 t-shirts; Creative Craft Show tickets; Birmingham City v Barnsley FC tickets; Marillion tickets; Beyond the Pole DVD; £1,000 cash; Legend of the Guardians goody bag; Dancing on Ice tickets; Barnsley FC v Millwall tickets
    • 1LuckyLady
    • By 1LuckyLady 19th Apr 17, 5:35 PM
    • 400 Posts
    • 4,150 Thanks
    1LuckyLady

Todays list
    * Quick coffee, post on here then off to the gym to make the most of my membership Done and refilled water bottle whilst there
    * Take ds2 for blood tests Done, bless him he's as good as gold getting these done as he's been having them at least twice a year for the last 5yrs
    * Get ds1's glasses fixed in town Not done as ds left glasses at home when we went out, glad he did actually as it meant we had a fun afternoon instead
    * Take ds's skateboards as there is somewhere near town that might be good for them to get started as we are going past anyway, worth a look.
    * Make banana American pancakes to use up to very brown bananas
    * Hoping for all meals from stores, we've got plenty but as dh is on holiday too and we have to pop into town he may end up changing plans Had a bag of chips, sitting on a bench overlooking the sea so I can't complain
    * Entertainment - lego, reading, tv, film from stash,
    * Check banking / update spreadsheet DONE
    * Check luckyphone / fpl DONE

Not sure what else the day will bring, I love having everyone home for the holidays but I struggle with low moods when not in routine.

Originally posted by 1LuckyLady
    Well what a lovely day it turned out to be The weather was lovely and as kiddo forgot to pick up his glasses as we'd gone out we ended up heading to the beach instead of town after the hospital We had chips sat on a bench in the sunshine and at the other end we had ice cream that we bought from a shop 4 for £1.59 rather then £2+ each from one of the ice cream shops/cafes etc Spent less then £10 inc food/parking but it really felt like we were on holiday which was nice.
    On the way home we called into a co0p and picked up some ys bits of bread, hot cross buns and some ys chicken Kiev's
    Came home and cancelled the now tv kids pass free trial so that we don't get charged for it next week.
    Ordered some more days out tokens from Mr t's c1uvbcard, we are lucky to have several places locally we can use them in. Ordered them today so that we can make the most of any nice weekend days that come up!
    Tea is going to be all the leftover salad bits and pieces with some chicken.
    Taken a ys chicken out of the freezer for lunch tomorrow as we have family coming over for lunch, this will also take care of broccoli, carrots and cauli that we've not yet eaten as we've eaten out the last two days! Would hate for anything to go to waste!

Think that's it for today, Soon be weekend!
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
    • DawnW
    • By DawnW 19th Apr 17, 6:06 PM
    • 4,270 Posts
    • 32,390 Thanks
    DawnW
    Phew, wiped out due to carrying all those boxes from the garage (at the bottom of our admittedly not big garden) into the house and up 2 flights of stairs

Welcome to new posters

Morning all
    Today's plans:
    Dog walks OH did both today
    Remove fleece from fruit trees in flower to allow access to bees etc. Must put it back tonight again though Taken it off, got to put it back shortly
    Unload car which is still full of stuff brought back from my sales unit yesterday Done
    Shift some boxes of stock from garage so I can tidy it up a bit. The boxes can go back up to the spare bedroom, as DS seems to have left now (though most of his stuff hasn't) 6 big boxes, a donkey on wheels (don't ask) and my travel bag all carted upstairs, donkey, bag and 1 box away in loft, 2 boxes out of loft for sales unit, rest of boxes stacked neatly in spare room
    Load of washing, dry on line outside Done
    Cleaning upstairs, didn't do this yesterday Not done this will need to wait till tomorrow now!
    Put away stuff from our weekend away Bag put away, clothes all over bed, but I will be putting these away shortly otherwise I will not be able to go to bed
    Need to do a shop, I have put it off till now but must do it today Done, mostly stuck to list
    Find and pack an ebay item Done
    Take 2 parcels to post office Done
    List at least one new item! Listed 2, also listed some bits on local facebook selling site
    Check banks Done
    Check for surveys Done, several for onepoll
    Make soup with lurking parsnips Also found carrots starting to go slimy so made spiced parsnip and carrot soup for lunch. Very nice, and there is enough left over for tomorrow's lunch too
    Sausage and veg roast for dinner tonight In progress, smells good

If I get all that done it will be a miracle
    Originally posted by DawnW
    Managed all but the cleaning (trust me to put that off! )

• Twins
    • By Twins 19th Apr 17, 7:35 PM
    • 134 Posts
    • 388 Thanks
    Twins
    First time in this thread, but I do follow and join in with others ... However, the light just switched on at the end of my tunnel and I'm feeling motivated to keep the momentum going. So, if you don't mind, I'd like to join in ...

This week ...
    * sow more veg seeds (to bring grocery bill down) (DONE)
    * spend just £75 on shopping this week (2 adults, 3 pets, inc toiletries and detergents)
    * ring around creditors for balances for StepChange annual review (DONE)
    * PAY OFF FOUR! debts - 1 cleared, 1 with FFS, 1 very teeny tiny balance, 1 even had a credit! (DONE)
    * work out income for StepChange annual review
    * work out expenses for StepChange annual review
    * complete StepChange annual review
    * work out income for annual tax return
    * work out expenses for annual tax return
    * complete annual tax return
    * finish current work in progress (WiP) so I can invoice on Friday (am freelance)
    * start new WiP, so I can invoice next Friday (am still freelance)
    * bake at the weekend rather than buy cake & puddings

I think that's all for now - even if it is halfway through the week!
    Originally posted by spendaholic

Welcome spendaholic This is a great place just to get your head in the right place and re-enforce what you need to do every day to stay on track. I feel off for a while but I'm back and it makes me more accountable....plus everyone is so nice
    I also have my DMP review now with SC... I'm waiting to hear from one of my creditors on a F&F offer before I review.

See you here tomorrow!
    • crazy_cat_lady
    • By crazy_cat_lady 19th Apr 17, 9:18 PM
    • 3,662 Posts
    • 25,703 Thanks
    crazy_cat_lady
    Welcome new posters - this really is a lovely thread, which helps to keep me accountable (but not today).
    So much for low spend... I went to Brantan0 (I am gutted they are closing down) and bought myself 2 (yes 2) pairs of summer shoes, plus ds some new football boots. with the remainder of my birthday money (that I was planning to save obviously). Then used the last tenner to buy a couple of books I've had my eye on for ages at MrT because I needed old lady cat food and obviously had to look while I was in there.
    Lovely friend is unwell. And there's not a lot I can do for her being so far away much of the time, but I think I helped a little for a couple of hours today... I wish I could do more.
    LaE - don't apologise for moaning. How many days of the week am I on here moaning about anything and everything? Pros and cons in everything - including where you live.
    NST April #15 NSD 10/16 RYSAW17 #1 £389.27 20p Savers #88 £1 a day for Xmas # DFD 6 Nov 15 - paid £28,447
    • FatVonD
    • By FatVonD 19th Apr 17, 10:17 PM
    • 4,275 Posts
    • 15,361 Thanks
    FatVonD
    Hello and welcome new peeps

The leftover lamb, mash and mint gravy went down a treat, I will definitely try that again another time.

DS had his apprenticeship appointment at the college today which was basically a waste of time. He spent two hours doing a maths and English test before they told him that basically most employers will want kids straight out of school and they will always be chosen over him. They then told him to go and volunteer at ten car workshops to see if any will be willing to take him on as an apprentice. Given he had already applied to a garage and the college got in touch off the back of that this wasn't really what we were expecting. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

I did the YS run, it's all change again, now they are going to take it all out to the back of the store to reduce and then wheel it out again. It means nobody knows exactly what time it'll come back out again so there was a bit of a wait but I managed to get:

2 fresh cream Victoria sponges (one in fridge, one in freezer!)
    4 sandwiches
    2 fresh carbonara sauce (in freezer)
    1 pot of mixed fruit
    1 pack sweet potato fries
    1 pack mushrooms

All 90% off

PS I did my second survey today, it's slow going but at least I am being offered *some*
    Last edited by FatVonD; 19-04-2017 at 10:20 PM.
    Spend on clothes in 2017 £37.50/£33 (Oops!)
    Make £10 a day in April £236.24/£300 (March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54)
    • determined new ms
    • By determined new ms 20th Apr 17, 7:22 AM
    • 6,147 Posts
    • 34,406 Thanks
    determined new ms
    Morning I've woken up in a bad mood after something my daughter told me about a mutual "friend" who has been getting too involved in our situation a little while ago and all the while she was messaging me she was showing our messages to my dd need to give it a bit of time, but right now I want to give her a piece of my mind...

argh need to let it go! Ok will focus on my life rather than this....

* check banking & pay builder
    * make lunches
    * update expenses for Thursday & yesterday
    * water any veges that need it & put cus & sweetcorn out in the greenhouse for the day (2nd lot of sprouts & mangetout are germinating )
    * joining a free running group this evening when oh gets back from football
    * get mince out of freezer to make spag bol for oh & madam. Soak some kidney beans to make a vege chilli for me
    * read the newsletter

Ok that's all I need to do. Better get these lunches done and get ready! x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Wombling '16 £264.46 Roadkill £28.25
    Wombling '17 Apr £325.89/YTD £1775.93/Roadkill £8.53
    CCC £85.94/£250 CC saved £1015 Veg grown £5.29
    NSDs Apr 5/15 YTD 23
    • Twins
    • By Twins 20th Apr 17, 8:03 AM
    • 134 Posts
    • 388 Thanks
    Twins
    Morning everyone!

I'm a bit happier today as British Gas man turned up yesterday and said the leak just needed some tubing and new clips...phew... so glad it wasn't anything more than that. He's back tomorrow morning to fix it when he has the parts.

FatVonD, sorry to hear about DS and being messed about. How old is he? My DS was considering an apprenticeship originally but now he's decided he wants to do A levels.

WFH all this week so lunch will be sourced from cupboards. Today I need to:

- Try and have another NSD as have chicken in for tonight so plan on making spicy KFC style chicken goujouns with home made potato wedges and broccoli
    - I'm getting slightly addicted to Swagbucks and the surveys and have completed quite a few and qualify for £5 Amazon voucher but I want to aim for the £25 in cash so I need to keep going!
    - Need to try and get a workout in at home today seeing as I missed one yesterday
    - Have to have a hunt around in DS room for the missing other half's of her socks....she literally seems to only have one that every comes out of the machine and is terrible at putting pairs in the wash!
    - Need to check banking to make sure I stay on track before pay day which is next Thurs
    - Will keep looking for a good deal for a 2 night get away. It's mine and DH 20th wedding anniversary in June and we want to go away somewhere just for a couple of nights. Thinking about Lake Geneva but the hotel I like it pretty pricey! I'll keep searching

That's it from me, enjoy your day everyone
    • foxgloves
    • By foxgloves 20th Apr 17, 8:44 AM
    • 3,479 Posts
    • 16,339 Thanks
    foxgloves
    Morning Campers,
    On today's money saving list:
    *Make list of paint needed ready to purchase from Wilko's instead of usual more expensive chain. Mr f has checked shed to make sure we are only buying what we need.
    *Sow watercress seed.
    *Check baby veggie plants & water if necessary.
    *Do meal plans for next week.
    *Write shopping list & do online order (to maximise painting time).
    *Check online banking to see if Onepoll payment has arrived.
    *Take down Easter tree & pack decorations away for next year.
    *Test out Wilko's own brand paint stripper. It was half the price of the brand I've used in the past. Must cover area with lots of newspaper or even better, shut cat out of room as that's potentially poorly paws & a vet trip.
    *Save Easter cards to recycle into next year's gift tags.
    *Use-it-up project always ongoing.....currently using up 3 tiny lipstick samples. 1 just finished, 2 to go. Also using up some perfume I'm not keen on & still using this neverending pot of bronzing pearls as eyeshadow.
    *Oh....& have had a new look in bedroom this week just by moving furniture around & adding some different bits & pieces. A no-spend new look.
    *Knit
    Best get cracking.
    F x
    Money can't jump out of your purse on its own so ask 'Can I borrow one, make one, grow one, bake one, re-purpose or recycle, acquire it for free?' Yes? Then put that purse away & keep your money because little savings grow!
    Loan pay-down fund instalment 2 = £764-63
    Payment received from surveys: 2015 = £320 2016 = £210 2017 = £135
    • Happy Kitties
    • By Happy Kitties 20th Apr 17, 8:55 AM
    • 134 Posts
    • 1,170 Thanks
    Happy Kitties
    Just want to say welcome to the newbies or those that have returned after being away, it's a great thread
    DNMS I've battled so much politics the last few years. I've just learnt to take a deep breath and step out of situations now-easier said than done. Horrible what your mutual 'friend' is doing, I don't know why some people like to cause hassle and trouble, life is just too short.
    twins good news about your boiler

Life seems full of twists and turns at the minute-good and bad.
    Still trying to sort new car out as i will need some major adaptations after I've had surgery, details came through wrong even though I've gone through all the correct assessments.
    Had an extra child tax credit payment today which I didn't expect
    We were very naughty and had take away last night, treats budget completely blown this month. DD paid but after getting the extra payment, have transferred money back to her account. I'm going to try and keep the extra money in an emergency savings pot as I haven't got one.
    Just one meeting today, hopefully won't be too long, paperwork to do aswell.
    I am determined to clean and mop the kitchen floor today-life always seems better with a clean kitchen floor
    Cat litter to buy
    Trying to keep heating off now, but it is still kicking in occasionally
    Dishwasher all sorted and I'm just about to put a wash on now

Have a great day everyone x
    2017 birthday savings so far thru shopping frugally = 228.72 284.31 306.81 326.81:money.
    April grocery challenge £126.80/ £200
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

165Posts Today

1,079Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • As I've said before - energy price cap sounds good, and will likely be popular, but there's a big risk of making th? https://t.co/ubeV9vnmU7

• Just seen @IvoGraham doing stand up in a comedy club. Superb, witty, self depricating, clever stuff. Go see him if you get the chance

• RT @ChrissyNunn: New one from @Tesco today.. "The sale of Goods Act is just legislation, it's like a guideline, it's not law" @MartinSLewis?

• Follow Martin