Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • weeowens
    • By weeowens 17th Apr 17, 2:28 AM
    • 78,534Posts
    • 9,651,171Thanks
    weeowens
    E: 10/05 Win a family holiday to Walt Disney World Resort in Florida worth £10,000!
    • 17th Apr 17, 2:28 AM
    E: 10/05 Win a family holiday to Walt Disney World Resort in Florida worth £10,000! 17th Apr 17 at 2:28 AM
    http://www.newsprize.co.uk/

I'll keep a look out re the codes but any help is very welcome

One lucky reader is going scoop an amazing 14 night stay in Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort, a Disney's Ultimate 14-Day Ticket for 4 people (based on 2 adults, 2 children) - giving you unlimited access to 6 parks - Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios, Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park, Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park, Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park, ESPN Wide World of Sports, Disney Springs and Disney's Boardwalk. Plus Disney Quick Service Dining Plan, flights and car hire!
    All you have to do for your chance to win is register your details and collect a total 4 different keywords printed in the daily paper from 17th to 29th April and for our weekly titles from W/c 17th April to W/c 1st May.
    Register or login to submit your daily entry
    Johnston Press PLC is one of the UK's largest newspaper publishers of titles including:- The Scotsman, Yorkshire Evening Post, Lancashire Post, Sheffield Star, Portsmouth News, Edinburgh Evening News, The Sunderland Echo for a full list of participating titles see T's and C's.
Page 1
    • weeowens
    • By weeowens 17th Apr 17, 2:28 AM
    • 78,534 Posts
    • 9,651,171 Thanks
    weeowens
    http://www.newsprize.co.uk/terms.asp

Terms and Conditions

Back

These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Participants of the Promotion agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
    Promoter: Johnston Press Plc, 2 Cavendish Square, Marylebone, London W1G 0AN
    1. Eligibility: This Promotion is open to residents in the UK (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) aged 18 years of age and over, excluding employees of the Promoter and its affiliates or agents, the immediate families of such employees and any other person connected with this promotion.
    2. One entry per person. Anyone trying to circumvent this rule by using alternative details will be disqualified from this promotion. Bulk entries will be void.
    3. Start Date: The start date of the promotion will be Monday 10/04/17.
    4. Closing Date: The closing date of the promotion will be midnight on Wednesday 10/05/17.
    5. How to enter: Each day readers will be asked to either, go online at www.newsprize.co.uk register their details (registration is only required once) or login. For daily titles - collect and enter each day's keyword, once a reader has collected 4 key words from the 12 that will be printed they will be automatically entered into the free prize draw. For weekly titles – collect and enter each days keywords, once a reader has collected 4 keywords from the 6 that will be printed they will be automatically entered into the free prize draw.
    6. Winner Selection: Prize draw winner will be selected at random under independent supervision from those entries who have correctly collected four key words on Friday 12/05/17. The promoter reserves the right to ask any online entrant to send in their original newspaper cuttings showing the keywords.
    7. Winner Notification: Winners will be notified by telephone by Friday 19/05/17.
    8. Should a winner not claim their prize within 28 days of receiving notice from the Promoter that they have won the prize, the Promoter reserves the right to re-award the prize to a reserve winner selected at the same time.
    9. Prize: The stated prize will be offered as Virgin Holidays holiday vouchers and can be redeemed against any Virgin Holidays holiday as per the terms and conditions printed on the holiday vouchers if preferred. Holiday vouchers will be valid for holidays throughout 2018. The prize will only be awarded directly to the winner and no cash or any other alternative will be offered.
    10. Prize calculated staying in a 'Moderate' Disney property (these include: Disney's Port Orleans Resort, Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort, Disney's Coronado Springs Resort and The Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Lodge) for 14 nights which includes Disney quick service dining plan, 14-Day Ultimate Ticket based on 2 adults / 2 children (under 9yrs). Includes car hire with Basic insurance.
    11. General: The Promoter will not be liable for entries or claims not received, incomplete, illegible, delayed or damaged. Photocopies will not accepted.
    12. There is only one holiday prize available to be won. The promotion will run across the following titles:- The Scotsman, Ulster Newsletter, Sheffield Star, Evening News, The News, Lancashire Evening Post, Yorkshire Evening Post, Sunderland Echo, Eastbourne Herald, Peterborough Telegraph, Falkirk Herald, Melton Times, Leamington Courier, Hastings Observer Series, Northamptonshire Telegraph, Northampton Chronicle & Echo, Lancaster Guardian, Littlehampton Gazette, Worthing Herald Series, Observer Series, West Sussex County Times Series, Harrogate Advertiser, Market Harborough Mail, Buckingham Advertiser, Banbury Guardian, Sheffield Telegraph, Bucks Herald, Derbyshire Times, Heartland-Daily, Blackpool Gazette, Shields Gazette, Hartlepool Mail, Heartland-Weekly, Derry Jnl -Friday, Mansfield Chad, Derry Jnl-Tuesday, Halifax Courier, Doncaster Free Press, Burnley Express Friday, Wakefield Express, Dewsbury & Mirfield Reporter, Wigan Observer, Pontefract and Castleford Express, Scarborough News and Burnley Express Tuesday.
    13. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize of equal or greater value in the event of unavailability due to circumstances beyond the Promoter's control.
    14. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all claims including but not limited to asking for address and identity details and to refuse further participation in the promotion where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
    15. In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions, at any stage, but will always endeavor to minimize the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
    16. The Walt Disney Company Limited has no responsibility with the running of this prize draw, and shall not be liable for any losses, damages or costs should a reader make any claim against the Promoter as a result of the running of this Prize draw.
    17. The winner's full name and counties can be found by emailing winners@hhs.co.uk within three months of the closing date.
    18. The winner agrees to participate in related publicity with no further recompense.
    19. These terms and conditions (and any non-contractual disputes/claims which arise out of or in connection with them) will be governed by English law and entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
    20. Travel insurance is not included and must be purchased before travel. Customers are responsible for making sure they are adequately insured.
    21. Prize winners are responsible for payment of any additional items not included in the prize (e.g. hotel laundry, mini bar, room service, telephone calls etc.
    22. Flights cannot be upgraded and are not eligible to earn Flying Club Miles with this offer.
    23. The holiday prize is subject to availability and Virgin Holidays standard terms and booking conditions. For full booking terms and conditions please see: www.virginholidays.com
    24. Once the booking is confirmed changes to the names, date or nature of the booking are not permitted.
    25. Your personal details will only be used for the purposes of administering this promotion and for no other purposes, unless otherwise consented
    26. Normal Johnston Press competition rules apply, for more information go to www.johnstonpress.co.uk/competition
    27. The Promoter's decision is final in all promotional matters.
    • Monkey Chinchilla
    • By Monkey Chinchilla 17th Apr 17, 7:34 AM
    • 10,395 Posts
    • 581,563 Thanks
    Monkey Chinchilla
    • 17th Apr 17, 7:34 AM
    • 17th Apr 17, 7:34 AM
    Keywords are printed in the paper from 17/04/17 to 29/04/17 and are only valid on the day of publication.
    Best win of 2016: Ä1000 Euro travel voucher
    2017 wishlist: Holiday to Japan
    • calash
    • By calash 17th Apr 17, 11:27 AM
    • 3,496 Posts
    • 134,233 Thanks
    calash
    • 17th Apr 17, 11:27 AM
    • 17th Apr 17, 11:27 AM
    Has anyone managed to get a list of participating newspapers? the link doesn't work for me? Thanks
    • izbiz88
    • By izbiz88 17th Apr 17, 11:34 AM
    • 132 Posts
    • 864 Thanks
    izbiz88
    • 17th Apr 17, 11:34 AM
    • 17th Apr 17, 11:34 AM
    It's in the T+C's above

The promotion will run across the following titles:- The Scotsman, Ulster Newsletter, Sheffield Star, Evening News, The News, Lancashire Evening Post, Yorkshire Evening Post, Sunderland Echo, Eastbourne Herald, Peterborough Telegraph, Falkirk Herald, Melton Times, Leamington Courier, Hastings Observer Series, Northamptonshire Telegraph, Northampton Chronicle & Echo, Lancaster Guardian, Littlehampton Gazette, Worthing Herald Series, Observer Series, West Sussex County Times Series, Harrogate Advertiser, Market Harborough Mail, Buckingham Advertiser, Banbury Guardian, Sheffield Telegraph, Bucks Herald, Derbyshire Times, Heartland-Daily, Blackpool Gazette, Shields Gazette, Hartlepool Mail, Heartland-Weekly, Derry Jnl -Friday, Mansfield Chad, Derry Jnl-Tuesday, Halifax Courier, Doncaster Free Press, Burnley Express Friday, Wakefield Express, Dewsbury & Mirfield Reporter, Wigan Observer, Pontefract and Castleford Express, Scarborough News and Burnley Express Tuesday.
    • Emmy The Boo
    • By Emmy The Boo 17th Apr 17, 11:40 AM
    • 46 Posts
    • 439 Thanks
    Emmy The Boo
    • 17th Apr 17, 11:40 AM
    • 17th Apr 17, 11:40 AM
    http://www.newsprize.co.uk/

I've got the Blackpool Gazette.

Keyword 1: BEACH
    Keyword 2: SUNSHINE
    Keyword 3: ICE-CREAM
    Keyword 4: SANDCASTLE
    Keyword 5: DECKCHAIR
    Keyword 6: BOAT
    Keyword 7: RELAX
    Keyword 8: BIKINI
    Keyword 9: SANDAL
    Keyword 10: SURFING
    Keyword 11: SNORKEL
    (SATURDAY) Keyword 12: PADDLE
    Last edited by Emmy The Boo; 29-04-2017 at 8:19 AM. Reason: Keyword updates
    • lizd31
    • By lizd31 17th Apr 17, 12:26 PM
    • 20,156 Posts
    • 1,603,643 Thanks
    lizd31
    • 17th Apr 17, 12:26 PM
    • 17th Apr 17, 12:26 PM
    I'll add a link in dailies
    Positivity is the key to success
    • BizKiTRoAcH
    • By BizKiTRoAcH 17th Apr 17, 12:31 PM
    • 317 Posts
    • 17,057 Thanks
    BizKiTRoAcH
    • 17th Apr 17, 12:31 PM
    • 17th Apr 17, 12:31 PM
    States this in the T&Cs:

The promoter reserves the right to ask any online entrant to send in their original newspaper cuttings showing the keywords.

Someone want to save the cut outs and post them to the winner? :P
    • Emmy The Boo
    • By Emmy The Boo 17th Apr 17, 12:58 PM
    • 46 Posts
    • 439 Thanks
    Emmy The Boo
    • 17th Apr 17, 12:58 PM
    • 17th Apr 17, 12:58 PM
    States this in the T&Cs:

The promoter reserves the right to ask any online entrant to send in their original newspaper cuttings showing the keywords.

Someone want to save the cut outs and post them to the winner? :P
    Originally posted by BizKiTRoAcH
    I'm happy to cut them out and post them off if anyone from here is the lucky winner (you can always say you were on holiday in Blackpool when you entered).
    • c5ryl
    • By c5ryl 17th Apr 17, 4:12 PM
    • 590 Posts
    • 9,510 Thanks
    c5ryl
    I have just downloaded the app for the Lancashire evening telegraph and the code is showing as BEACH as well. I assume by taking a screenshot each day that this should act as proof...what does everyone think?
    Thanks to all those fab compers who post
    • cinders59
    • By cinders59 17th Apr 17, 4:27 PM
    • 5,382 Posts
    • 52,351 Thanks
    cinders59
    It's in the T+C's above

The promotion will run across the following titles:- The Scotsman, Ulster Newsletter, Sheffield Star, Evening News, The News, Lancashire Evening Post, Yorkshire Evening Post, Sunderland Echo, Eastbourne Herald, Peterborough Telegraph, Falkirk Herald, Melton Times, Leamington Courier, Hastings Observer Series, Northamptonshire Telegraph, Northampton Chronicle & Echo, Lancaster Guardian, Littlehampton Gazette, Worthing Herald Series, Observer Series, West Sussex County Times Series, Harrogate Advertiser, Market Harborough Mail, Buckingham Advertiser, Banbury Guardian, Sheffield Telegraph, Bucks Herald, Derbyshire Times, Heartland-Daily, Blackpool Gazette, Shields Gazette, Hartlepool Mail, Heartland-Weekly, Derry Jnl -Friday, Mansfield Chad, Derry Jnl-Tuesday, Halifax Courier, Doncaster Free Press, Burnley Express Friday, Wakefield Express, Dewsbury & Mirfield Reporter, Wigan Observer, Pontefract and Castleford Express, Scarborough News and Burnley Express Tuesday.
    Originally posted by izbiz88
    Does anyone think that if you don't live in these areas you cannot enter, as I often look online at Derby news etc?
    Thanks to all who post comps
    ITV winners membersclub#2
    • Emmy The Boo
    • By Emmy The Boo 18th Apr 17, 8:00 AM
    • 46 Posts
    • 439 Thanks
    Emmy The Boo
    Keyword 2: SUNSHINE
    • emilyturner77
    • By emilyturner77 18th Apr 17, 11:01 AM
    • 30 Posts
    • 559 Thanks
    emilyturner77
    Anyone else keep getting "internal server error" when trying to submit their log in details?
    2016 wins: £300 teeth whitening, Dans le Noir dinner, £500 amazon voucher, £70 Love2Shop card
    2017 wins: hair products, gin
    • Ke11iott
    • By Ke11iott 18th Apr 17, 11:27 AM
    • 73 Posts
    • 2,340 Thanks
    Ke11iott
    I got the same, but after logging out and back in again it accepted the keyword :-)
    • Emmy The Boo
    • By Emmy The Boo 19th Apr 17, 10:09 AM
    • 46 Posts
    • 439 Thanks
    Emmy The Boo
    Keyword 3: ICE-CREAM
    • izbiz88
    • By izbiz88 19th Apr 17, 12:18 PM
    • 132 Posts
    • 864 Thanks
    izbiz88
    I have just downloaded the app for the Lancashire evening telegraph and the code is showing as BEACH as well. I assume by taking a screenshot each day that this should act as proof...what does everyone think?
    Originally posted by c5ryl
    Hi, could you poss tell me whereabouts the word is on the app? I've downloaded it too but can't find it. Many thanks
    • wdywuk
    • By wdywuk 19th Apr 17, 4:18 PM
    • 2,091 Posts
    • 49,517 Thanks
    wdywuk
    Hi, could you poss tell me whereabouts the word is on the app? I've downloaded it too but can't find it. Many thanks
    Originally posted by izbiz88

i messaged him and he advises, as follows:

just scroll through the newspaper, there is a virgin holidays advert with the key word
    • cinders59
    • By cinders59 19th Apr 17, 4:38 PM
    • 5,382 Posts
    • 52,351 Thanks
    cinders59

just scroll through the newspaper, there is a virgin holidays advert with the key word
    Originally posted by wdywuk
    Thank you, but I cannot see it anywhere
    Thanks to all who post comps
    ITV winners membersclub#2
    • c5ryl
    • By c5ryl 19th Apr 17, 7:28 PM
    • 590 Posts
    • 9,510 Thanks
    c5ryl

Originally posted by wdywuk
    He is actually a she (the clue is in my profile pic) lol. I have downloaded on my iPad and then just flick through the pages. The code is on the virgin holidays advert. I haven't tried it on my phone so not sure if it's more difficult/not showing.
    Last edited by c5ryl; 19-04-2017 at 7:35 PM.
    • c5ryl
    • By c5ryl 20th Apr 17, 7:18 AM
    • 590 Posts
    • 9,510 Thanks
    c5ryl
    Today's code: sandcastle
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

390Posts Today

2,706Users online

Martin's Twitter