Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • casson2006
    • By casson2006 16th Apr 17, 7:37 PM
    • 98Posts
    • 8Thanks
    casson2006
    Advice on putting in an offer
    • 16th Apr 17, 7:37 PM
    Advice on putting in an offer 16th Apr 17 at 7:37 PM
    Me and my husband have been looking to buy a house for awhile now. We are due to view a property tomorrow that seems perfect for us. Its a property that has just come back onto the market because the chain has fallen through. The estate agent said the sellers are desperate to sell because of this.

We are first time buyers in no chain with an AIP and ready to move as quick as possible. The property was originally listed in October 2016 @ £279,950 and now its been listed @ £289,950. Does this seem like a reasonable amount to increase it by in that space of time?

The house itself is a 3 bed semi and not many have sold in the area over the last couple of years, so its hard to judge.
Page 2
    • Crashy Time
    • By Crashy Time 18th Apr 17, 8:43 PM
    • 5,264 Posts
    • 2,217 Thanks
    Crashy Time
    Myself and my partner need a home. So we are buying a house. The mortgage is only twice our joint income. The house is suitable for our long term needs and is in a nice area. If we waited for political or financial stability we would be waiting forever and we ain't getting any younger!
    Originally posted by Lauralou79

It is the people who bought at 6 or 7 times their income who need to worry, not you
    • mysterymurdoch
    • By mysterymurdoch 18th Apr 17, 9:36 PM
    • 136 Posts
    • 106 Thanks
    mysterymurdoch
    It is the people who bought at 6 or 7 times their income who need to worry, not you
    Originally posted by Crashy Time
    I think they make up a very small proportion of buyers.
    • Crashy Time
    • By Crashy Time 19th Apr 17, 8:19 AM
    • 5,264 Posts
    • 2,217 Thanks
    Crashy Time
    Originally posted by mysterymurdoch

Makes you wonder why the central banks had to step in and save the market doesn`t it?
    • Crashy Time
    • By Crashy Time 20th Apr 17, 7:43 PM
    • 5,264 Posts
    • 2,217 Thanks
    Crashy Time
    Originally posted by mysterymurdoch

What % do you reckon, for London and elsewhere?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

534Posts Today

3,512Users online

Martin's Twitter