Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • littlegrebe
    • By littlegrebe 16th Apr 17, 10:41 AM
    • 11Posts
    • 2Thanks
    littlegrebe
    0 WOW
    European destination with little walking?
    • 16th Apr 17, 10:41 AM
    0 WOW
    European destination with little walking? 16th Apr 17 at 10:41 AM
    Any suggestion for a European holiday which would involve little walking please as I can no longer walk very far?

We would prefer not to go to a beach resort unless there were other attractions easily accessible. We like nature, museums, architecture and history. We are happy to use public transport and willing to pay for centrally located accommodation.

I would appreciate any ideas. Thank you
Page 2
    • Crispy Ambulance
    • By Crispy Ambulance 21st Apr 17, 12:14 PM
    • 3,767 Posts
    • 6,162 Thanks
    Crispy Ambulance
    We've just come back from Berlin which is a great city. There is lots to see and the public transport system is excellent - you can get around really easily.
    "Harry, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee."
    • lollipopsarah
    • By lollipopsarah 21st Apr 17, 1:49 PM
    • 1,279 Posts
    • 1,637 Thanks
    lollipopsarah
    We went to Brussels last christmas sailing from Harwich then got a train to the town centre, had a fabulous time. Day trip to Brugue was 10 euro each by train. Trains were lovely and clean, on time and even had a drink service. Restaurants were e little expensive but it was worth it.
    xx
    • Katiehound
    • By Katiehound 21st Apr 17, 10:19 PM
    • 3,605 Posts
    • 36,222 Thanks
    Katiehound
    Amsterdam?
    Train system takes you out of the capital, trams around the city and a hoho boat on the canals. Lots of places to watch the world go by and art galleries, museums to fill your days too.......

Another vote for cruising.
    Think of it as a floating hotel. Unpack once and arrive in a new destination on most days (depending on your choice of itineraries.) The Baltic is particularly interesting in June with the long days- Scandanavia, Baltic states and usually St Petersberg.
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!

If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Thank You
    • Mrs Soup
    • By Mrs Soup 22nd Apr 17, 7:13 PM
    • 604 Posts
    • 959 Thanks
    Mrs Soup
    Pretty much any city that has a hop on hop off bus could work for you. We have just come back from Athens which is chock full of bits of broken stone and we did very little walking using either the bus or taxis. The Parthenon does involve a walk up a fair few steps mind you. Berlin would be good or Krakow so long as you avoid the salt mine trip which is about a thousand steps down. I am also a fan of Copenhagen although I did walk a lot there as its is quite compact. I would also suggest cruising- I have only done this once but I was only 40 so not ancient.
    • Bedsit Bob
    • By Bedsit Bob 22nd Apr 17, 7:48 PM
    • 9,637 Posts
    • 50,674 Thanks
    Bedsit Bob
    If you liked Munich then what about Berlin? There is so much public transport that you can get about easily with very little walking - there's U bahn stations at all the major points of interest, and lots to do and see.
    Originally posted by skint_chick
    I agree. I love Berlin.

Cologne was great too, lots to see and great public transport.
    And there's always the Bimmelbahn, mini train.

Cost ~ 10 Euros, and you just hop on and hop off.
    My job is Top Secret. Even I don't know what I'm doing.

Amount I have so far denied the BBC - £1161
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

45Posts Today

2,401Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin