Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • aayush
    • By aayush 16th Apr 17, 7:39 AM
    • 597Posts
    • 22Thanks
    aayush
    Tower
    • 16th Apr 17, 7:39 AM
    Tower 16th Apr 17 at 7:39 AM
    Happy Easter all

Can some please advise me to the name given to the adapter as i have just bought a new tower and found out that my screen not have hdmi socket and to avoid the hassle of return and if the vga sockets are same on both ends

One other question does any one advise re all in one pc
Page 2
    • dipsomaniac
    • By dipsomaniac 18th Apr 17, 11:06 AM
    • 5,489 Posts
    • 2,077 Thanks
    dipsomaniac
    when i was looking at monitors last year there was a lot that didn't have hdmi sockets only dvi/vga so find it hard to believe m/boards/graphics cards would not have dvi/vga sockets as a lot still support backward technology
    "The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
    • aayush
    • By aayush 18th Apr 17, 11:21 AM
    • 597 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    aayush
    tower
    Sorry, may have missed it!? The OP said "tower has hdmi socket" but I don't believe him/her

I pic of the back of the acer xc 780 would prove it.
    Originally posted by grumpycrab
    tower only has one hdmi socket my mointor has vga socket
    • aayush
    • By aayush 18th Apr 17, 11:22 AM
    • 597 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    aayush
    Sorry, may have missed it!? The OP said "tower has hdmi socket" but I don't believe him/her

I pic of the back of the acer xc 780 would prove it.
    Originally posted by grumpycrab
    op is windows 10
    • tonyh66
    • By tonyh66 18th Apr 17, 12:07 PM
    • 941 Posts
    • 699 Thanks
    tonyh66
    it appears you have an XC 704 if your tower has no DVI, the 780 definitely has one in one of the slots at the bottom.

• grumpycrab
    • By grumpycrab 18th Apr 17, 1:11 PM
    • 2,949 Posts
    • 1,311 Thanks
    grumpycrab
    tower only has one hdmi socket my mointor has vga socket
    Originally posted by aayush
    Many apologies aayush - I hope somebody on here, unlike me, can help you.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature because somebody complained that the information contained within it was too helpful.
    • aayush
    • By aayush 18th Apr 17, 2:13 PM
    • 597 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    aayush
    Ok but if give you model number u can chk spec
    Can ask is some one can give there email and in can send them picture of what I am looking for as tower which hard drive has HDMI and monitor only has vga socket went to making the want to sell me a adaptor for 50 pound's
    • aayush
    • By aayush 18th Apr 17, 2:16 PM
    • 597 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    aayush
    Acer xc 780
    • Rubidium
    • By Rubidium 18th Apr 17, 2:37 PM
    • 618 Posts
    • 399 Thanks
    Rubidium
    See here
    • Gloomendoom
    • By Gloomendoom 18th Apr 17, 2:39 PM
    • 12,043 Posts
    • 16,166 Thanks
    Gloomendoom
    I use an hdmi to vga adapter pretty much every day of the week to connect my laptop to projectors. I paid around a fiver and the thing works flawlessly.

Just do a search on Ebay or Amazon.
    Advice; it rhymes with mice. Advise; it rhymes with wise.
    • grumpycrab
    • By grumpycrab 18th Apr 17, 4:16 PM
    • 2,949 Posts
    • 1,311 Thanks
    grumpycrab
    it appears you have an XC 704 if your tower has no DVI, the 780 definitely has one in one of the slots at the bottom.

Originally posted by tonyh66
    OP just sent me a picture; same as this except he has 4 more USB ports; he didn't show the extension card slots; But I see a cable has been suggested.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature because somebody complained that the information contained within it was too helpful.
    • aayush
    • By aayush 19th Apr 17, 4:04 PM
    • 597 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    aayush
    See here
    Originally posted by Rubidium
    this item will it give good qulatiy when connected as have ordered will be her hope fully thurs friday
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,943Posts Today

8,789Users online

Martin's Twitter