Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bagby
    • By bagby 15th Apr 17, 5:54 PM
    • 759Posts
    • 425Thanks
    bagby
    Shark vacuum 3 weeks old plastic bottom broke.
    • 15th Apr 17, 5:54 PM
    Shark vacuum 3 weeks old plastic bottom broke. 15th Apr 17 at 5:54 PM
    Bought a shark rotivator vacuum three weeks ago. Very impressed with it but we have obviously hit the corner of some furniture as the plastic case and wheel on the bottom of the appliance has broken off. Can't even remember when this has happened. Taken it back saying that the casing must brittle and not fit for purpose but currys have said they won't do anything and referred me to the manufacturer as damage is not covered under warranty. I'm of the opinion that the vacuum should be able to withstand knocks by furniture and if the casing is fragile then rubber protection should be used. Does anyone know where I would stand regarding fit for purpose? I've had a dyson for ten years without any problems but was a little heavy so went for the shark. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Page 2
    • marliepanda
    • By marliepanda 16th Apr 17, 1:45 PM
    • 4,362 Posts
    • 8,602 Thanks
    marliepanda
    "Many credit cards, especially the premium ones, offer purchase protection insurance (not to be confused with the more famous PPI, payment protection insurance) at no extra cost. ... It covers goods paid for with the card against loss, theft or accidental damage, usually for up to 90 days, or three months, after purchase.7 Apr 2015"

Just seen this but not checked that it's on my credit card agreement???
    Originally posted by bagby
    Doesn't matter if it's not on your agreement? Check for agreement, not what the internet says 'many cards' have.
    Survey Earnings 2017 - 163
    • wazza99
    • By wazza99 16th Apr 17, 8:22 PM
    • 191 Posts
    • 113 Thanks
    wazza99
    Had a Shark years, gets bashed often on furniture etc, never damaged it ever, they are very robust.

Saying that Sharks customer service is excellent, don't bother with the retailer, politely explain to Shark whats occurred you may be surprised.
    • bagby
    • By bagby 18th Apr 17, 3:17 PM
    • 759 Posts
    • 425 Thanks
    bagby
    Update. Rang customer services - shark are going to send a new floor bit. Can't complain about the service. Will make sure I don't go hitting any more furniture. Thanks everyone.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,970Posts Today

7,487Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Ugh another one trying it! Beware https://t.co/Ab9fCRA76F

• Follow Martin