Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • iqymuz
    • By iqymuz 15th Apr 17, 2:59 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 2Thanks
    iqymuz
    Notice to Owner issued with a PCN NOT being received
    • 15th Apr 17, 2:59 PM
    Notice to Owner issued with a PCN NOT being received 15th Apr 17 at 2:59 PM
    Hi,

I received a notice to owner around 2 months after the alleged contravention. The NTO lists the contravention as "Parked in a permit bay without clearly displaying a valid permit". No contravention code is supplied in the document. I didn't receive a PCN.

6 pictures were supplied as "evidence" and none show a PCN attached to the windscreen. The date/timestamp is not legible in the print out and nor is it legible online.

When looking at the details of the PCN online, there are two additional photos not supplied in the posted copy. This shows something attached to the screen but oddly looks like its inside the windscreen. The second photo shows a fading road sign in the car park which reads "PE T HO DERS ONLY" Seems a bit odd they wouldn't include those photos.

One of the signs on the post reads "car park permit holders only beyond this point - Mon-Fri 8am-6pm"

I'm not from the area where the alleged contravention occurred and bought a car park ticket which was displayed. It was raining at the time and so the signs were not clearly visible.

I would appreciate any assistance.
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Apr 17, 3:36 PM
    • 47,054 Posts
    • 60,426 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 15th Apr 17, 3:36 PM
    • 15th Apr 17, 3:36 PM
    If this is a Council PCN, show pepipoo the PCN (BOTH SIDES!!) and the photos:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

You may as well fight as at NTO stage there is no discount. Carry on with pepipoo help.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• iqymuz
    • By iqymuz 18th Apr 17, 12:33 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    iqymuz
    • 18th Apr 17, 12:33 AM
    • 18th Apr 17, 12:33 AM
    I didn't get a PCN, it wasn't on the car when i got back. First i knew about this was when the NTO came through the post.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 18th Apr 17, 9:18 AM
    • 13,228 Posts
    • 20,694 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 18th Apr 17, 9:18 AM
    • 18th Apr 17, 9:18 AM
    Please confirm - is this a council letter (if so, over to PePiPoo) or is it a private parking company's letter (if so, which company - and be prepared for some more questions).
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • iqymuz
    • By iqymuz 18th Apr 17, 7:35 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    iqymuz
    • 18th Apr 17, 7:35 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 7:35 PM
    it's a council letter, i've posted it on pepipoo
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 18th Apr 17, 7:45 PM
    • 13,228 Posts
    • 20,694 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 18th Apr 17, 7:45 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 7:45 PM
    it's a council letter, i've posted it on pepipoo
    Originally posted by iqymuz
    OK, thanks for confirmation. I'm sure PePiPoo will give you excellent advice - the council experts reside over there.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

662Posts Today

5,074Users online

Martin's Twitter