Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • heyya99
    • By heyya99 14th Apr 17, 11:45 AM
    • 9Posts
    • 0Thanks
    heyya99
    How is the London market?
    • 14th Apr 17, 11:45 AM
    How is the London market? 14th Apr 17 at 11:45 AM
    I was about to buy a 2-bed in September in Surrey Quays, London. The asking price was 600k and I got it agreed at 550k. I lost my job so pulled out. The flat since went for 505k.

Now I'm back in the market. Have prices fallen? I don't see asking prices have. One agent (Foxtons) is telling me that right now, the market is picking up and not to wait. Another agent said asking prices are still the same but that, depending on circumstances, sale prices are lower.

Who do I believe?
Page 2
    • cashbackproblems
    • By cashbackproblems 17th Apr 17, 1:19 PM
    • 1,569 Posts
    • 591 Thanks
    cashbackproblems
    key is to make offers, as already mentioned i offered well below asking and stuck to my guns (don't show seller/EA how much you really like it), a few more weeks and no offers the seller came begging, and even managed to include all the newish white goods he had bought, into my original offer.
    • Crashy Time
    • By Crashy Time 17th Apr 17, 2:46 PM
    • 3,689 Posts
    • 1,868 Thanks
    Crashy Time
    http://www.cityam.com/262960/uk-house-prices-unattainable-no-not-just-london-most
    • hazyjo
    • By hazyjo 17th Apr 17, 3:55 PM
    • 8,781 Posts
    • 10,882 Thanks
    hazyjo
    If you were buying a house in London at this point in time would you buy now or wait then?
    Originally posted by Lamy
    I'd buy when the time was right for me. There will ALWAYS be something making you say today is more of a risk. If you're buying for a 'home', ride out anything that comes along. Make sure you're not buying something you'll outgrow in say 2 years. Two years until Brexit, and probably the same again after that. Think of all the rent that could have been paying down a mortgage...

Jx
    2017 wins: Opera tickets; cinema tickets; lipstick; tickets, afternoon tea & bottle of Champagne at Ideal Home Show
    • Crashy Time
    • By Crashy Time 18th Apr 17, 8:07 PM
    • 3,689 Posts
    • 1,868 Thanks
    Crashy Time
    I'd buy when the time was right for me. There will ALWAYS be something making you say today is more of a risk. If you're buying for a 'home', ride out anything that comes along. Make sure you're not buying something you'll outgrow in say 2 years. Two years until Brexit, and probably the same again after that. Think of all the rent that could have been paying down a mortgage...

Jx
    Originally posted by hazyjo

Depends how much you are paying in rent. If France is the catalyst for EZ break up, watch rates rise.
    • Crashy Time
    • By Crashy Time 20th Apr 17, 7:49 PM
    • 3,689 Posts
    • 1,868 Thanks
    Crashy Time
    key is to make offers, as already mentioned i offered well below asking and stuck to my guns (don't show seller/EA how much you really like it), a few more weeks and no offers the seller came begging, and even managed to include all the newish white goods he had bought, into my original offer.
    Originally posted by cashbackproblems

Many sellers won`t do this though, it looks like it will take rate rises or recession to get many to come round to the idea of dropping their price?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,943Posts Today

8,789Users online

Martin's Twitter