Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • misakimi
    • By misakimi 13th Apr 17, 7:37 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    misakimi
    Zeek Issues
    • 13th Apr 17, 7:37 PM
    Zeek Issues 13th Apr 17 at 7:37 PM
    Hi,

Has anyone else had problems with Zeek - the gift card marketplace?

My first two purchases went through OK as did my mother's first one.

Then we got my Dad to sign up too and he didn't receive his code - instead it said "contact support". Two e-mails and 3 days later they responded saying they needed copies of his passport and utility bill for security reasons!!! What retailer needs those???

We decided not to send those for obvious reasons and so my mother tried to buy a voucher instead. Same thing happened to her! And now it's happened to me too!

This cannot be a coincidence despite them making it out to be.

I wanted to warn people but also to see if anyone else has had the same. It concerns me somewhat that MSE are promoting Zeek as MoneySaving when stuff like this happens.
Page 1
    • IAmWales
    • By IAmWales 13th Apr 17, 8:31 PM
    • 1,491 Posts
    • 3,127 Thanks
    IAmWales
    • 13th Apr 17, 8:31 PM
    • 13th Apr 17, 8:31 PM
    If you're signing up multiple people at the same address for some sort of special offer, they're likely to close your accounts for abuse.
    • wealdroam
    • By wealdroam 13th Apr 17, 11:03 PM
    • 18,650 Posts
    • 15,550 Thanks
    wealdroam
    • 13th Apr 17, 11:03 PM
    • 13th Apr 17, 11:03 PM
    Hi,

Has anyone else had problems with Zeek - the gift card marketplace?

My first two purchases went through OK as did my mother's first one.

Then we got my Dad to sign up too and he didn't receive his code - instead it said "contact support". Two e-mails and 3 days later they responded saying they needed copies of his passport and utility bill for security reasons!!! What retailer needs those???

We decided not to send those for obvious reasons and so my mother tried to buy a voucher instead. Same thing happened to her! And now it's happened to me too!

This cannot be a coincidence despite them making it out to be.

I wanted to warn people but also to see if anyone else has had the same. It concerns me somewhat that MSE are promoting Zeek as MoneySaving when stuff like this happens.
    Originally posted by misakimi
    Haven't I read this somewhere else?
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 14th Apr 17, 7:02 AM
    • 12,501 Posts
    • 39,780 Thanks
    sarah1972
    • 14th Apr 17, 7:02 AM
    • 14th Apr 17, 7:02 AM
    Haven't I read this somewhere else?
    Originally posted by wealdroam

Yep he has also posted the same thing here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72399279#post72399279
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • misakimi
    • By misakimi 19th Apr 17, 1:14 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    misakimi
    • 19th Apr 17, 1:14 PM
    • 19th Apr 17, 1:14 PM
    Yeah sorry about that I'm new here and didn't know where best to put it!

I live 125 miles away from my parents. I understand why they might be suspicious of multiple people at one address but only two people at one address? Surely this is fairly normal.

In addition, a reputable retailer surely wouldn't ask for passport and utility bills to prove your identity. And even if they want to prove your identity - because two people at the same address signed up? (There's nothing in the T&C's saying one per household etc.) Sorry but seems extremely untoward to me.
    • marliepanda
    • By marliepanda 19th Apr 17, 2:04 PM
    • 4,723 Posts
    • 9,512 Thanks
    marliepanda
    • 19th Apr 17, 2:04 PM
    • 19th Apr 17, 2:04 PM
    Yeah sorry about that I'm new here and didn't know where best to put it!

I live 125 miles away from my parents. I understand why they might be suspicious of multiple people at one address but only two people at one address? Surely this is fairly normal.

In addition, a reputable retailer surely wouldn't ask for passport and utility bills to prove your identity. And even if they want to prove your identity - because two people at the same address signed up? (There's nothing in the T&C's saying one per household etc.) Sorry but seems extremely untoward to me.
    Originally posted by misakimi
    When I signed up there were bonuses for referring friends. Did they use those? Could make it look suspicious.
    Survey Earnings 2017 - £163
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,078Posts Today

6,832Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin