Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • misakimi
    • By misakimi 13th Apr 17, 7:30 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    misakimi
    Zeek Issues
    • 13th Apr 17, 7:30 PM
    Zeek Issues 13th Apr 17 at 7:30 PM
    Hi,

Has anyone else had problems with Zeek - the gift card marketplace?

My first two purchases went through OK as did my mother's first one.

Then we got my Dad to sign up too and he didn't receive his code - instead it said "contact support". Two e-mails and 3 days later they responded saying they needed copies of his passport and utility bill for security reasons!!! What retailer needs those???

We decided not to send those for obvious reasons and so my mother tried to buy a voucher instead. Same thing happened to her! And now it's happened to me too!

This cannot be a coincidence despite them making it out to be.

I wanted to warn people but also to see if anyone else has had the same. It concerns me somewhat that MSE are promoting Zeek as MoneySaving when stuff like this happens.
Page 1
    • Fosterdog
    • By Fosterdog 13th Apr 17, 9:09 PM
    • 3,347 Posts
    • 5,724 Thanks
    Fosterdog
    • 13th Apr 17, 9:09 PM
    • 13th Apr 17, 9:09 PM
    It will all be to do with money laundering checks, nothing unusual about it at all. If it has flagged for all of you it's probably because you share an address or the same surname and live near each other which looks more suspicious from a money laundering point of view.

Posts show up on various parts of the forum about financial institutes carrying out these checks.
    Last edited by Fosterdog; 14-04-2017 at 6:36 AM.
    • misakimi
    • By misakimi 19th Apr 17, 1:11 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    misakimi
    • 19th Apr 17, 1:11 PM
    • 19th Apr 17, 1:11 PM
    Zeek isn't a financial institution. I've worked in retail banking and now pensions for 10 years - I know about money laundering regulations. There is no reason whatsoever a retailer need to ask for passport and utility bills!
    • SuperHan
    • By SuperHan 19th Apr 17, 7:06 PM
    • 1,985 Posts
    • 1,148 Thanks
    SuperHan
    • 19th Apr 17, 7:06 PM
    • 19th Apr 17, 7:06 PM
    Have you used the referral codes to get the vouchers / discount? And do you live at the same address?

I would imagine that they're making sure you're not the same person signing up in three different names to take advantage of the referral deal.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,414Posts Today

8,125Users online

Martin's Twitter