Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Archers fan
    • By Archers fan 13th Apr 17, 3:10 PM
    • 30Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Archers fan
    "Application" charges on moblie bill.
    • 13th Apr 17, 3:10 PM
    "Application" charges on moblie bill. 13th Apr 17 at 3:10 PM
    I have an iPhone 5S on a SIM only contract with Orange. I usually pay about £11.26 a month and always have minutes and data unused at the end of the month. However my last bill was £28.26!More than double. I have not used my phone abroad. On inspecting the invoice, I discovered I had been charged an extra £10 for data and that £2.083 has been taken every Sunday for "Application". Rang EE and they told me it was a third party charge for a game and they could do nothing about it. I was told that even if I deleted all the games off my phone, (I do not know which one is costing), I would still get charged. Anyone know what this application charge is and how do I stop it?
Page 1
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 13th Apr 17, 7:49 PM
    • 29,742 Posts
    • 18,830 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 13th Apr 17, 7:49 PM
    • 13th Apr 17, 7:49 PM
    I have an iPhone 5S on a SIM only contract with Orange. I usually pay about £11.26 a month and always have minutes and data unused at the end of the month. However my last bill was £28.26!More than double. I have not used my phone abroad. On inspecting the invoice, I discovered I had been charged an extra £10 for data and that £2.083 has been taken every Sunday for "Application". Rang EE and they told me it was a third party charge for a game and they could do nothing about it. I was told that even if I deleted all the games off my phone, (I do not know which one is costing), I would still get charged. Anyone know what this application charge is and how do I stop it?
    Originally posted by Archers fan
    We don't know which games you have on your phone, what games do you have installed ?

Contact the developers and stop the payment would be my guess.
    Whether you can reclaim any of the previous charges I don't know, its for you to try.
    Last edited by DCFC79; 13-04-2017 at 8:13 PM.
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • Archers fan
    • By Archers fan 14th Apr 17, 12:13 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Archers fan
    • 14th Apr 17, 12:13 PM
    Application charges
    • 14th Apr 17, 12:13 PM
    The man from EE told me BM Games was taking the money each week. Some kind of bubble bursting game? I have definitely not downloaded one of those this year and have deleted anything like it. I have never been near any sort of gambling/ bingo game.
    • Buzby
    • By Buzby 14th Apr 17, 12:52 PM
    • 8,073 Posts
    • 2,963 Thanks
    Buzby
    • 14th Apr 17, 12:52 PM
    • 14th Apr 17, 12:52 PM
    It is unlikely you've been billed randomly. Any grandkids who just borrowed it? That's the problem, unless you lock the keypad, it can be easily done.
    • jon81uk
    • By jon81uk 18th Apr 17, 10:53 AM
    • 748 Posts
    • 477 Thanks
    jon81uk
    • 18th Apr 17, 10:53 AM
    • 18th Apr 17, 10:53 AM
    It almost certainly won't be from an app installed on an iphone, all of the charges for those are done via Apple and as far as I know the Apple App Store doens't bill to phone bills, only credit/debit cards or Apple vouchers.
    • esuhl
    • By esuhl 18th Apr 17, 5:28 PM
    • 7,438 Posts
    • 5,262 Thanks
    esuhl
    • 18th Apr 17, 5:28 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 5:28 PM
    The man from EE told me BM Games was taking the money each week. Some kind of bubble bursting game? I have definitely not downloaded one of those this year and have deleted anything like it. I have never been near any sort of gambling/ bingo game.
    Originally posted by Archers fan
    I had a quick google. It looks like "BM Games" might refer to "Bounce Mobi Games" aka "Bounce Games".

This page explains how you subscribed and how to cancel:
    http://mobilechargesupport.com/faqs
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,622Posts Today

8,661Users online

Martin's Twitter