Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • helcat26
    • By helcat26 13th Apr 17, 9:40 AM
    • 1,034Posts
    • 2,723Thanks
    helcat26
    Clean v Filthy
    • 13th Apr 17, 9:40 AM
    Clean v Filthy 13th Apr 17 at 9:40 AM
    Lately there seems to be lots of press about clean eating- low fat, low sugar, not processed, wholegrain etc.

So as the nation prepares to gorge on chocolate I wondered what the "filthiest" (as in opposite to clean) meal you guys had ever had?
    I remember when I was a student the local market had "Chinese" style spare ribs that were so heavily coloured if you put them on a countertop they could stain it red for a week!
Page 2
    • minimad1970
    • By minimad1970 14th Apr 17, 6:51 PM
    • 4,191 Posts
    • 8,838 Thanks
    minimad1970
    I love cheesy, chilli chips
    • Livelongandprosper
    • By Livelongandprosper 17th Apr 17, 9:22 AM
    • 549 Posts
    • 1,636 Thanks
    Livelongandprosper
    I used to love a findus pancake sandwich

I've recently taken a notion for pot noodles, The Bombay bad boy

Used to go to a donor kebab place at Clapham South. You always knew who had been and had one from there as they were so greasy, the fat would get on your coat and set and it stank. You always remembered you ate one the night before when you were glued to the loo for an hour the following morning
    • Missli
    • By Missli 17th Apr 17, 1:23 PM
    • 7,058 Posts
    • 16,607 Thanks
    Missli
    Peanut butter and banana sandwiches Elvis style. I tend to grill mine, and not butter the outsides, but I tried them fried once (with butter), and they were delicious.
    • Tigsteroonie
    • By Tigsteroonie 18th Apr 17, 9:43 PM
    • 22,549 Posts
    • 56,177 Thanks
    Tigsteroonie
    Chips, cheese 'n' beans

Another consumer of Bombay Badboy pot noodles here
    Going to become Mrs Marleyboy for real

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

Proud Parents to an Au-some son
    • usernamealreadytaken
    • By usernamealreadytaken 19th Apr 17, 10:55 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    usernamealreadytaken
    I think my dirtiest eat was deep fried battered pizza - I balked at the thought but was told to give it a try and it was actually so bad it was gooooood.

My son likes a "Wigan kebab" for his lunch - meat pie in a buttered barm/roll
    • Thefunkygibbons
    • By Thefunkygibbons 19th Apr 17, 11:32 AM
    • 1,362 Posts
    • 758 Thanks
    Thefunkygibbons
    Does a sugar sandwich count?
    • VT82
    • By VT82 19th Apr 17, 12:31 PM
    • 922 Posts
    • 745 Thanks
    VT82
    Microwavable frozen doner kebabs from Heron. Used to eat them two at a time when I was a (huuuuuuge!) teenager.
    • Popscoops
    • By Popscoops 19th Apr 17, 1:09 PM
    • 274 Posts
    • 196 Thanks
    Popscoops
    Custard Creams, in custard!
    • Alikay
    • By Alikay 19th Apr 17, 3:40 PM
    • 4,613 Posts
    • 12,420 Thanks
    Alikay
    I had a thing called a chimichanga in the USA. Massive it was. Huge. Luridly coloured like someone had eaten a rainbow and vomited it back onto a plate. All sorts of flavours, textures and smells going on.

I couldn't face it, and had a banana instead.
    • Senseicads
    • By Senseicads 19th Apr 17, 3:42 PM
    • 73 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    Senseicads
    Rustlers rib burger thing...smells like dead dog when microwaved.
    • prosaver
    • By prosaver 19th Apr 17, 3:50 PM
    • 6,497 Posts
    • 5,084 Thanks
    prosaver
    Peanut butter and banana sandwiches Elvis style. I tend to grill mine, and not butter the outsides, but I tried them fried once (with butter), and they were delicious.
    Originally posted by Missli
    bacon and egg toasted peanut butter sandwiches yum
    or a healthly version, grated apple toasted peanut butter sandwiches yum or
    grated cheese and apple with mayonnaise toast swandwiches yum
    like the grated thing
    “Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
    ― George Bernard Shaw
    • Missli
    • By Missli 19th Apr 17, 4:10 PM
    • 7,058 Posts
    • 16,607 Thanks
    Missli
    ^^^ Anything with peanut butter. Not tried apple with it before!
    • happyinflorida
    • By happyinflorida 19th Apr 17, 4:18 PM
    • 660 Posts
    • 553 Thanks
    happyinflorida
    White pitta bread, toasted, cut open and loads of butter spread all over both sides - one golden delicious apple, cored and sliced and put inside pitta bread - eat, yummy yummy in my tummy

I haven't eaten one of these for years but used to love them when I was younger!
    • Dolly DD
    • By Dolly DD 20th Apr 17, 6:15 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    Dolly DD
    donner kebab pizza! sounds awful but was absolutely lovely!
    • sparkychris
    • By sparkychris 20th Apr 17, 7:40 PM
    • 501 Posts
    • 841 Thanks
    sparkychris
    Cheesy chips.... so fatty that it almost slides out the other end.
    Originally posted by Judi
    WHAT???

I actually just imagined this!
    lurker
    • OldMotherTucker
    • By OldMotherTucker 28th Apr 17, 11:37 AM
    • 7,204 Posts
    • 15,958 Thanks
    OldMotherTucker
    https://www.brake.co.uk/_Images/114872_1.jpg?w=750&format=jpg&quality=75&404=/images/no-image.jpg

Filthy
    • Livelongandprosper
    • By Livelongandprosper 28th Apr 17, 1:32 PM
    • 549 Posts
    • 1,636 Thanks
    Livelongandprosper

My arteries just screamed in pain
    • coffeehound
    • By coffeehound 28th Apr 17, 2:29 PM
    • 1,246 Posts
    • 2,132 Thanks
    coffeehound
    This thread has expanded my culinary aspirations My fave filthy snack is Beef and Tomato Pot Noodle with a splosh of Ancona hot pepper sauce stirred in, persuaded into a crusty white bread sandwich with a bag of pickled onion Monster Munch on the side. A quality repast and no mistake
    • Jojo the Tightfisted
    • By Jojo the Tightfisted 28th Apr 17, 4:05 PM
    • 23,250 Posts
    • 90,233 Thanks
    Jojo the Tightfisted
    When 11 and discovering the delights of 'cooking' for myself, I used the Breville Sandwich Toaster to make an egg, cheese and baked bean toastie.

It was surprisingly nice, considering that I've never really liked baked beans much.

The worst sounding thing that, for some inconceivable reason, actually works quite well, is the Bloke's Spaghetti Hoops on crunchy peanut butter toast with tabasco and a sprinkle of grated extra strong cheese on top. It's fairly obvious he was a skint university student at one point, isn't it?

The most disgusting thing I ever encountered was somebody else's notion of macaroni cheese. Overcooked pasta, a tin of tomato soup and a full pound of grated flavourless bilgelumps economy mild cheddar. The packet mixes are cordon bleu standard in comparison - their version (which they'd inhale over the course of about 25 minutes with lots of slurping and lipsmacking noises, wiping their face over their sleeves and loudly declaring how wonderful it was) was so full of grease that it glimmered in daylight and after it had been left to cool slightly to avoid second degree burns, began to coagulate into slimy lumps.
    Last edited by Jojo the Tightfisted; 28-04-2017 at 4:07 PM.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.

Yup you are officially Rock n Roll
    Originally posted by colinw
    • OldMotherTucker
    • By OldMotherTucker 28th Apr 17, 8:57 PM
    • 7,204 Posts
    • 15,958 Thanks
    OldMotherTucker
    My arteries just screamed in pain
    Originally posted by Livelongandprosper
    I've given up cooking and now i just eat sandwiches - liberally laced !! the worst thing is, it's on offer in Iceland for a quid! Living in a vegan household I should be ashamed . . .
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,947Posts Today

7,619Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @TfLTravelAlerts: Oxford Circus and Bond Street stations now both reopened and all trains are stopping normally.

• RT @metpoliceuk: We have not located any trace of suspects, evidence of shots fired or casualties. Officers still on scene. If you are in a?

• My hopes and prayers are that this turns out to be nothing. Stay safe.

• Follow Martin