Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • m_c
    • By m_c 13th Apr 17, 9:39 AM
    • 27Posts
    • 9Thanks
    m_c
    Credit Club - Wrong Credit report?
    • 13th Apr 17, 9:39 AM
    Credit Club - Wrong Credit report? 13th Apr 17 at 9:39 AM
    Hi,

Since Experian credit reports have been available through the Credit Club, I get a report that only shows a single credit account, that is now closed (was closed in January)
    And the only search history, is for MSE credit reports.

When I done the linking for the Credit Club to Experian, I was asked about the other credit accounts, yet none of them show in the report?
    Is there any way to fix this?

It's maybe worth mentioning, that I was one of the users that couldn't get access to the Credit Club for a good few months, due to the earlier problem of not being able to link to the correct Experian details.
Page 1
    • Candyapple
    • By Candyapple 13th Apr 17, 10:37 AM
    • 1,845 Posts
    • 1,460 Thanks
    Candyapple
    • 13th Apr 17, 10:37 AM
    • 13th Apr 17, 10:37 AM
    You will need to contact every single organisation you have a financial link to that should be showing up on your credit file and ask them to report the data to Experian as it is not showing on your files.

You might want to check the other 2 CRAs as well to see if they are showing on there as well. Not every single organisation will report to all 3, some just 1, others maybe 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
    • m_c
    • By m_c 13th Apr 17, 10:45 AM
    • 27 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    m_c
    • 13th Apr 17, 10:45 AM
    • 13th Apr 17, 10:45 AM
    I've just been looking in some more detail, and it's like a new credit file was created at the start of the year using the wrong address. I've just realised the report doesn't show me on the electoral register, despite having voted from the same address for the past 15 years.

Various accounts are not shown, despite the fact I remember being asked about them when doing the original registration/linking to Experian, so they must exist on Experian's records.

I've reported it to Experian and via the MSE Credit Club email, so I'll wait for a response.
    • nic_c
    • By nic_c 13th Apr 17, 2:08 PM
    • 758 Posts
    • 471 Thanks
    nic_c
    • 13th Apr 17, 2:08 PM
    • 13th Apr 17, 2:08 PM
    Does your address have different formats, e.g. 1 Flatblock House, Any Street ; Flat 1 Flatblock House, Any Street; and 1 Any Street

Since this can cause you not appearing, especially if the council use a different format to creditors.
    • m_c
    • By m_c 18th Apr 17, 7:06 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    m_c
    • 18th Apr 17, 7:06 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 7:06 PM
    Just a quick update.
    I reported the issue to Experian via the link in the credit report, and they've responding saying they've referred the electoral role/address issue to their electoral role department to look at, and they'll update me once they've had a reply.

However regarding the missing accounts, it's apparently down to a fault in their system, which is yet to be resolved. They've said it won't affect any credit applications, however I won't be able to see the information until the problem is fixed.

It's more annoying that anything else, as although my score was showing perfect at the start of the year, since my credit report has become available to view, it's dropped due to lack of credit history/debt. I'm not planning on taking out any new CCs/Loan in the next few months, so it's not a problem just now.
    • m_c
    • By m_c 20th May 17, 7:25 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    m_c
    • 20th May 17, 7:25 PM
    • 20th May 17, 7:25 PM
    Just a quick update now this month's update is available, which is nothing has changed.

Experian did reply saying they'd corrected my electoral role details, but the latest MSE Credit Club update still shows me as unregistered.

What I'd really like to know, is how come Clearview/Equifax and Noddle/Callcredit, can find and show your details without any issues, yet Experian can't show you anything, despite managing to ask you about all your accounts while registering?
    • karcher
    • By karcher 20th May 17, 7:36 PM
    • 1,017 Posts
    • 6,735 Thanks
    karcher
    • 20th May 17, 7:36 PM
    • 20th May 17, 7:36 PM
    Just a quick update now this month's update is available, which is nothing has changed.

Experian did reply saying they'd corrected my electoral role details, but the latest MSE Credit Club update still shows me as unregistered.

What I'd really like to know, is how come Clearview/Equifax and Noddle/Callcredit, can find and show your details without any issues, yet Experian can't show you anything, despite managing to ask you about all your accounts while registering?
    Originally posted by m_c
    I have a similar issue to you. 3 of my credit cards aren't showing, nor my current account and it also says I'm not on the electoral register despite being sent a card to vote in the recent elections.

I will have a look for the link where you reported the issue to.

Prior to the MSE Credit Club, Experian showed all my correct details. Odd!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,488Posts Today

6,835Users online

Martin's Twitter