Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Exerbusi2
    • By Exerbusi2 12th Apr 17, 9:28 PM
    • 226Posts
    • 148Thanks
    Exerbusi2
    I'm a Personal Trainer - What do you guys do to stay fit?
    • 12th Apr 17, 9:28 PM
    I'm a Personal Trainer - What do you guys do to stay fit? 12th Apr 17 at 9:28 PM
    Hi everyone!

Seeing as this is the fitness corner of the forum, I'm interested to know what do you guys do to stay fit and healthy?

I'm a personal trainer and fitness blogger, so am always interested in hearing about what people do to stay fit and healthy!

I'll start. My training consists of the following...
    • Olympic Weightlifting
    • General Strength Training
    • Road Cycling
    • HIIT
    • Yoga (a little)
    • 5 a side football (occassionally)

My main training is the Olympic Weight Lifting and the HIIT, but in the summer I'm out on the bike a lot and quite like a weekly HIIT session.

I'm in the gym around 5 times per week, 45-60 minutes per session.

How about you guys?
    Loan £5000 £0; Overdraft £700 £0
    Savings £0 +£3500; Share Portfolio £0 +£4000
    £0 Credit Card £6800 £1800
Page 2
    • prosaver
    • By prosaver 19th Apr 17, 11:24 PM
    • 5,983 Posts
    • 4,622 Thanks
    prosaver
    In my late fifties now, and used to compete at cycling, badminton, running, cricket, tennis and football in my younger years. I now go five times a week to the gym, spending an hour there, mixing cardio, resistance and weights, starting off with a warm up (dynamic stretches), doing the main work then stretching out at the end.
    I used to be a 3 hour marathoner, and could do 2500 metres on a Cyclops rower in 8 minutes 35 seconds, but those days are long gone.
    I qualified as a level 2 fitness instructor last year - something I am very proud of.
    Originally posted by andygb
    I used to love badminton not too stressful maybe go to over 50s thing and show off.
    I might do it, getting bored with the same old gym stuff
    Referendum,Lisbon Treaty. shamelessly broken by labour and we never had the chance to vote on probably the most important change in Britain’s sovereignty in hundreds of years. Then Brown slunk off to sign the Treaty alone, away from the cameras and other European leaders, as if embarrassed by this betrayal of the people he’s paid to represent.
    • jack_pott
    • By jack_pott 21st Apr 17, 2:19 PM
    • 3,562 Posts
    • 4,491 Thanks
    jack_pott
    My cycling FTP (Functional Threshold Power) is 295 watts
    Originally posted by brat
    Is that measured on a dynamometer? Do you know what your time is for a Bruce test?
    • brat
    • By brat 21st Apr 17, 5:42 PM
    • 2,374 Posts
    • 2,956 Thanks
    brat
    Is that measured on a dynamometer? Do you know what your time is for a Bruce test?
    Originally posted by jack_pott
    The FTP is measured at 95% of average power over 20 minutes of top power. I did it on my Wahoo Kickr using the Trainerroad app.

I've never done a Bruce test, although I do a 15m beep test each year. We are required to reach level 9.4. My last beep test was 13.1.
    Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler.
    • UKTigerlily
    • By UKTigerlily 21st Apr 17, 11:29 PM
    • 4,238 Posts
    • 5,226 Thanks
    UKTigerlily
    I have a PT 3x a week, and so bench press, deadlift, back squats and really fun stuff like 120kg tyre flips, battleropes etc. Best thing I ever did and I never thought i'd get to 25 on toes/1 leg press ups, let alone at my size!

Sometimes swim a couple of times a week but depends on health x
    2015 weight loss: 86/100Ibs
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

62Posts Today

3,080Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • As I've said before - energy price cap sounds good, and will likely be popular, but there's a big risk of making th? https://t.co/ubeV9vnmU7

• Just seen @IvoGraham doing stand up in a comedy club. Superb, witty, self depricating, clever stuff. Go see him if you get the chance

• RT @ChrissyNunn: New one from @Tesco today.. "The sale of Goods Act is just legislation, it's like a guideline, it's not law" @MartinSLewis?

• Follow Martin