Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 12th Apr 17, 5:23 PM
    • 3,041Posts
    • 2,346Thanks
    dekaspace
    Would you return cheap tat?
    • 12th Apr 17, 5:23 PM
    Would you return cheap tat? 12th Apr 17 at 5:23 PM
    Today for example I spent £1.40 on a wrist support wrap that on picture showed it covering whole hand bar fingers and quite far up wrist.

I got it and it didn't even wrap around my arm let alone my whole wrist.

And bought various things from places like Poundland that are useless.

To me even £1 can be used to buy something like a few food items or some toiletries so if I do take anything back I wait a few days until I need something from same store and just exchange it.

But heard people say that is tight and they would just bin it.

If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply!
    This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by Former MSE Jessica; 18-04-2017 at 2:48 PM.
Page 2
    • charlies-aunt
    • By charlies-aunt 14th Apr 17, 10:14 PM
    • 1,559 Posts
    • 13,323 Thanks
    charlies-aunt
    Cheap tat that isn't fit for purpose become expensive tat!

Personally, I would take back anything that isn't up to doing the job that its supposed to do, regardless of price paid

Credit where credit is due - Poundland do have some really good stuff - but you need to choose with care - I bought head torches in 2013 that are still going strong despite daily use in winter.
    The best things in life aren't things

2017 Grocery challenge £110.00 per week/ £5720 a year

• Bellisima
    • By Bellisima 19th Apr 17, 8:17 AM
    • 54 Posts
    • 58 Thanks
    Bellisima
    Choose wisely in a bargain shop. I buy very little tat, but I do buy Poundland 3 ply loo roll - it is excellent quality and far better than Andrex. Yes I know, not something you would return, but just saying! I also bought some batteries in there, a well known brand, but they only lasted a few weeks and were rubbish. I didn't take them back but wish I had.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,482Posts Today

8,012Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin