Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • muddym2002
    • By muddym2002 11th Apr 17, 8:50 PM
    • 17Posts
    • 2Thanks
    muddym2002
    0 WOW
    Teletext holidays have mis-old me a holiday. What to do next?
    • 11th Apr 17, 8:50 PM
    0 WOW
    Teletext holidays have mis-old me a holiday. What to do next? 11th Apr 17 at 8:50 PM
    Hi all
    Advice needed!! Booked our honeymoon with Teletext holiday today. Informed the advisor what i wanted (5*star resort in Dubai) He found what i wanted but I thought id better take a look at the room he was offering me before confirming as it was non refundable. He agreed and told me to look on the resort website. He said I would be staying the "Tower room" which I was happy with and I paid the £1460 with my debit card. Before ending the call he advised that i would have to call the resort and inform them I would like a double bed and not 2 twin beds.

When I rang the resort they said the travel company had not reserved the Tower room but a cheaper option of the Garden resort room. This room according to reviews on trip advisor is no better than a 2*!!

Tried ringing Teletext holidays but have been fobbed off with usual we will get back to you in 24-48 hours. Ive read some post on here and the web and Teletext are known for this type of scam!! Apparently not many people are successful with their claims against Teletext and they have poor customer service. I'm not well off and saved up for this honeymoon to make it a special time for both of us. Is there anything I can do? I’ve rang my bank but they can’t assist me either. Any advice will be appreciated

Thanks in advance
Page 1
    • IAmWales
    • By IAmWales 11th Apr 17, 9:08 PM
    • 267 Posts
    • 564 Thanks
    IAmWales
    • 11th Apr 17, 9:08 PM
    • 11th Apr 17, 9:08 PM
    Which hotel is it?

(Please keep your posts to one thread.)
    • muddym2002
    • By muddym2002 11th Apr 17, 9:12 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    muddym2002
    • 11th Apr 17, 9:12 PM
    • 11th Apr 17, 9:12 PM
    Which hotel is it?

(Please keep your posts to one thread.)
    Originally posted by IAmWales
    Apologies

The hotel is Habtoor Grand Resort
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 11th Apr 17, 10:31 PM
    • 10,288 Posts
    • 6,737 Thanks
    Caz3121
    • 11th Apr 17, 10:31 PM
    • 11th Apr 17, 10:31 PM
    the travel company had not reserved the Tower room but a cheaper option of the Garden resort room.
    Originally posted by muddym2002
    There is no reference of any "Garden resort room" on the hotel website
    it appears that the "Tower Room" is the cheapest, followed by "Tower Oceanfront"
    ...it does look like front the tripadvisor reviews that those that these rooms may be accessible to agents
    Do you have the room type on any of the paperwork from teletext holidays? (many bad reviews about this company)
    Last edited by Caz3121; 11-04-2017 at 10:35 PM.
    • muddym2002
    • By muddym2002 11th Apr 17, 10:38 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    muddym2002
    • 11th Apr 17, 10:38 PM
    • 11th Apr 17, 10:38 PM
    Exactly my point! If i knew they had a garden room i wouldnt have gone for it!! The hotel doesnt advertise it on their website. probably too embarrased but if you search Habtoor Grand Resort garden view room you can see some photos of it!
  • Teletext
    • 12th Apr 17, 10:09 AM
    • 12th Apr 17, 10:09 AM
    Hi Muddym2002,

We are really sorry to read your review, a member of our Customer Support team is looking into this and will be contacting you directly.

Kind Regards

Teletext Holidays
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Teletext. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • muddym2002
    • By muddym2002 12th Apr 17, 11:25 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    muddym2002
    • 12th Apr 17, 11:25 AM
    • 12th Apr 17, 11:25 AM
    Yes I have received the call from your customer support team. She said she will listen to the call and get back to me. Will let you know how it goes
    • jon81uk
    • By jon81uk 12th Apr 17, 12:20 PM
    • 713 Posts
    • 439 Thanks
    jon81uk
    • 12th Apr 17, 12:20 PM
    • 12th Apr 17, 12:20 PM
    Stupid question, but if you can see the room type you want on the hotels website, why not just book with the hotel directly?
    • muddym2002
    • By muddym2002 13th Apr 17, 7:57 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    muddym2002
    • 13th Apr 17, 7:57 PM
    • 13th Apr 17, 7:57 PM
    Travel agency like teletext can get it a lot cheaper than going direct to the hotel.

Theyve advised that the correct room was booked for me but they will confirm in 7 days. Apparently technical issues at the hotel side. Dont understand why i have to wait 7 days but will see what happens
    • jonesMUFCforever
    • By jonesMUFCforever 13th Apr 17, 8:25 PM
    • 23,612 Posts
    • 10,889 Thanks
    jonesMUFCforever
    Travel agency like teletext can get it a lot cheaper than going direct to the hotel.

Theyve advised that the correct room was booked for me but they will confirm in 7 days. Apparently technical issues at the hotel side. Dont understand why i have to wait 7 days but will see what happens
    Rubbish!
    The mistake you made was going through Teletext holidays.
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always receive lots
    • leylandsunaddict
    • By leylandsunaddict 13th Apr 17, 9:18 PM
    • 1,082 Posts
    • 700 Thanks
    leylandsunaddict

Teletext aren't a travel agency. Truly Travel are the agent, and they're a truly naff one. They book via bed banks. It could be the bedbank booked the wrong room or could just be that the hotel is being economical with the truth, as they often are with bedbank customers.

OTAs are best avoided. Book direct with the hotel or via booking.com. Bedbanks pay hotels peanuts, and this increases your chances of getting bumped.
    • muddym2002
    • By muddym2002 13th Apr 17, 10:47 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    muddym2002
    Im hoping Teletext stick with their word and I do get the correct room. They have confirmed by email that i will be getting the 'Tower Room'. Not sure if that means anything though. I just thought written confirmation might help!
    • photome
    • By photome 14th Apr 17, 7:05 AM
    • 12,325 Posts
    • 7,811 Thanks
    photome
    Im hoping Teletext stick with their word and I do get the correct room. They have confirmed by email that i will be getting the 'Tower Room'. Not sure if that means anything though. I just thought written confirmation might help!
    Hope you get what you booked but reviews of teletext are awful, and even after their rep gets involved it often doesn't get any better.

in ref to the price if it looks to good to be true etc
    • muddym2002
    • By muddym2002 14th Apr 17, 11:21 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    muddym2002
    I booked my last holiday with teletext and to be fair i was happy with it. Hence why I decided to use them again.
    Seen a few complaints similar to mine and the reps have got involved but the original poster hasnt stated if the issue got resolved. Due to fly out on the 19/5 therefore im hoping it gets resolved soon.
    • muddym2002
    • By muddym2002 14th Apr 17, 1:06 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    muddym2002
    The plot thickens!! i keep getting told by Teletext holidays that the room i want is booked but they are waiting for the Hotel to send a confirmation which will take 7 days due to technical issues. Well i called the hotel and guess what?! They have me down for the room i didnt want! And they have no technical issues!! And to top it off the room i did want is fully booked for the dates i required!!

Now im awaiting another call from the mgr. See what new lies they will tell me. Seems as though this is a delay tactic!!

Thanks for all your comments. It is much appreciated
    • jonesMUFCforever
    • By jonesMUFCforever 14th Apr 17, 1:13 PM
    • 23,612 Posts
    • 10,889 Thanks
    jonesMUFCforever
    The plot thickens!! i keep getting told by Teletext holidays that the room i want is booked but they are waiting for the Hotel to send a confirmation which will take 7 days due to technical issues. Well i called the hotel and guess what?! They have me down for the room i didnt want! And they have no technical issues!! And to top it off the room i did want is fully booked for the dates i required!!

Now im awaiting another call from the mgr. See what new lies they will tell me. Seems as though this is a delay tactic!!

Thanks for all your comments. It is much appreciated
    I would really be pushing for a full refund of your hotel costs and book somewhere either direct with the hotel or a reputable agency.
    • muddym2002
    • By muddym2002 14th Apr 17, 1:17 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    muddym2002
    I would really be pushing for a full refund of your hotel costs and book somewhere either direct with the hotel or a reputable agency.
    Originally posted by jonesMUFCforever
    Yes was thinking the same. Issue is how long will it take them to refund me? Wanted the holiday for 19th May. And if i do get a refund will i be able to find something decent.

teletext rep can you advise? Your awfully quiet!
    • jonesMUFCforever
    • By jonesMUFCforever 14th Apr 17, 1:45 PM
    • 23,612 Posts
    • 10,889 Thanks
    jonesMUFCforever
    If you get their confirmation that they will refund and it takes longer than 7 working days get in touch with your bank and ask their card department to chargeback the amount.
    Perhaps pay for the hotel with a credit card which will give you some time to get the money back.
    • muddym2002
    • By muddym2002 19th Apr 17, 5:01 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    muddym2002
    Hi Alpharooms
    May i ask are you representing teletext holidays on here? Do you have permission to talk on their behalf?
    • peachyprice
    • By peachyprice 19th Apr 17, 5:05 PM
    • 17,908 Posts
    • 40,782 Thanks
    peachyprice
    Complete rubbish!

Some travel agencies MAY at times be able to get SOME rooms cheaper than booking direct, but that comes with it's own price, as you're now finding out. If you'd have booked direct you wouldn't be in this mess.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,191Posts Today

8,151Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @EmmaDark30: @MartinSLewis off on holiday next month all paid for with free cash for switching bank accounts! Thank you!

• MSE weekly email: Big Energy Switch 7, £5 Next/Zara etc, buy euros now?, 10xNectar, 2for1 gardens, urgent easyjet https://t.co/bS4J70hBbx

• Today's Twitter poll 2: following on, which of these professions would you trust least if you were using their services?

• Follow Martin