Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nixonad
    • By nixonad 11th Apr 17, 10:45 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    nixonad
    Kingsom Interiors
    • 11th Apr 17, 10:45 AM
    Kingsom Interiors 11th Apr 17 at 10:45 AM
    Does anyone know if Kingdom Interiors of Gloucestershire, GL18 4NG, have gone bust?
    I placed an order in February 2017 and I have not received anything, no reply to emails, telephone or signed for letters. What's the next step?
Page 1
    • Brynsam
    • By Brynsam 11th Apr 17, 7:26 PM
    • 140 Posts
    • 147 Thanks
    Brynsam
    • 11th Apr 17, 7:26 PM
    • 11th Apr 17, 7:26 PM
    Nothing on their website to say they've gone bust and looking at their filing history with Companies House, the filings are up to date (last filing was the accounts in March 2017).

Anne Fulford, the sole director, is on LInkedIn, so perhaps try that too?

Have you paid any money and if so, how?
    • Mikeyorks
    • By Mikeyorks 16th Apr 17, 6:36 PM
    • 10,287 Posts
    • 4,695 Thanks
    Mikeyorks
    • 16th Apr 17, 6:36 PM
    • 16th Apr 17, 6:36 PM
    According to 'the owner' they're experiencing 'unforeseen difficulties' (look at Google reviews for Kingdom interiors). Whatever that means

I too have an unfulfilled order from early March and have just been refunded via PayPal.

Next step is to get your money back. Either chargeback or section 75 if you paid by Credit / Debit card. Go to their Resolution Centre (but take it straight to a 'claim') if you used PayPal.

Bit of a problem if you availed yourself of the offer of 'extra discount for Bank Transfer' which oddly surfaced just before they stopped fulfilling orders? Apparently Trading Standards are suggesting County Court ............ which seems to me to be throwing good money after bad. You'll get Judgement without problem but how do you enforce it with all Ltd assets in a deserted showroom? In my experience County Court bailiffs won't break in (despite they are allowed to do so with commercial premises) - and most of the assets in there will doubtless be owned by unpaid suppliers. So - if you did use the Bank Transfer route - I suggest Action Fraud. If enough complain the local fraud office may take an interest.
    If you want to test the depth of the water .........don't use both feet !
    • askmeaboutsofas
    • By askmeaboutsofas 17th Apr 17, 2:05 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 27 Thanks
    askmeaboutsofas
    • 17th Apr 17, 2:05 PM
    • 17th Apr 17, 2:05 PM
    I would second contacting Action Fraud, and put a review on Google stating that you've contacted Action Fraud and so should others. There are reviews from suppliers who haven't been paid, and they promoted bank transfer as a payment option shortly before they began having financial difficulties. It certainly looks deliberate.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 17th Apr 17, 2:39 PM
    • 29,222 Posts
    • 18,444 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 17th Apr 17, 2:39 PM
    • 17th Apr 17, 2:39 PM
    I would second contacting Action Fraud, and put a review on Google stating that you've contacted Action Fraud and so should others. There are reviews from suppliers who haven't been paid, and they promoted bank transfer as a payment option shortly before they began having financial difficulties. It certainly looks deliberate.
    Originally posted by askmeaboutsofas
    Isnt Action Fraud a bit drastic.

They havent been able to answer the phones due to whatever issues they have experienced.
    Je Suis Charlie
    • nixonad
    • By nixonad 18th May 17, 8:21 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    nixonad
    • 18th May 17, 8:21 PM
    Gone Bust
    • 18th May 17, 8:21 PM
    They have in fact gone bust and a notice has been published as follows;
    Meetings of Creditors

KINGDOM INTERIORS LIMITED

(Company Number 06337029)
    Registered office: The Long Barn Corse Lawn, Mite Farm Business Park, Gloucester, GL19 4NG
    Principal trading address: The Long Barn Corse Lawn, Mite Farm Business Park, Gloucester, GL19 4NG

Notice is given that a virtual meeting of the creditors of the above named Company will be held by video conference on 26 May 2017 at 10.15 am for the purpose provided for in Section 100 of the Insolvency Act 1986.

Creditors entitled to attend and vote at the virtual meeting may do so personally or by proxy. A creditor can access the virtual meeting and vote during the meeting by following the instructions provided with the notice that has been delivered to all known creditors. Any creditor who has not received this notice should contact Durkan Cahill on the details provided below.

Any creditor is entitled to vote if they have delivered proof of their debt by no later than 4.00 pm on the business day before the meeting. If a creditor cannot attend the virtual meeting, or does not wish to attend but still wishes to vote at the meeting, they can either nominate a person to attend as a proxy on their behalf, or they may nominate the Chair of the meeting, who will be a Director of the Company, to vote on their behalf. Creditors must deliver their proxy form by no later than the commencement of the meeting. Creditors must deliver all proofs of their debt and proxies to Durkan Cahill at 17 Berkeley Mews, 29 High Street, Cheltenham, GL50 1DY.

Unless they surrender their security, secured creditors must give particulars of their security, the date when it was given and the estimated value at which it is assessed if they wish to vote at the meeting. At the meeting, creditors may receive information about, or be called upon to approve, the costs of preparing the Statement of Affairs and convening the meeting of creditors.

Michael Durkan (IP No. 9583) of Durkan Cahill is qualified to act as the Insolvency Practitioner in relation to the Company and will, during the period before the day of the meeting, furnish creditors free of charge with such information concerning the Company's affairs as they may reasonably require.

Creditors can contact Michael Noakes on 01242 250811 or by email at mike.n@durkancahill.com

Anne Fulford, Director
    12 May 2017

Ag IF20776
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 18th May 17, 9:58 PM
    • 2,273 Posts
    • 2,262 Thanks
    DoaM
    • 18th May 17, 9:58 PM
    • 18th May 17, 9:58 PM
    If Michael Durkan is the Insolvency Practitioner, who is Michael Noakes?
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,899Posts Today

4,386Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just leaving Manchester after the funeral of my beloved grandma Gladys who passed away last night. https://t.co/nuC9ry5mP6

• The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Follow Martin