Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bdt1
    • By bdt1 11th Apr 17, 9:00 AM
    • 890Posts
    • 389Thanks
    bdt1
    0 WOW
    Cheap flight purchased -they want me to cancel!!!
    • 11th Apr 17, 9:00 AM
    0 WOW
    Cheap flight purchased -they want me to cancel!!! 11th Apr 17 at 9:00 AM
    Hi,

Bought 3 cheap flights with return to/fromTenerife for June, yesterday morning via Alpharooms. Put payment details in and payment was processing for nearly 40 mins, worried about bank/monies I rang Alpharooms to be told that transaction had been processed and my account debited, but as the flights were only for a total of £15, the call handler told me to cancel the transaction then go back into Alpharooms and re-book????? Told him I didn't really want to do this as I had already purchased and paid for the product , as he had just confirmed!!!

Escalated to a Manager who initially advised me to do the same, again I said I had already made the purchase so did not want to cancel and rebook ( for £142 each per flight).......I requested he confirm the transaction which he did and issued me with a reference number which is logged on Alpharooms site under 'my travel' .......BUT he says I will receive an e-mail confirmation within 24 hours (about 20 hours now & nothing as yet)!!!!!!

Suppose my question is can Alpharooms legally cancel this transaction against my wishes when monies have been exchanged and I have a reference number as confirmation of this????? Think they must have made an error with pricing of flights £5 each instead of £142
Page 1
    • Stevie Palimo
    • By Stevie Palimo 11th Apr 17, 9:05 AM
    • 3,099 Posts
    • 4,417 Thanks
    Stevie Palimo
    • 11th Apr 17, 9:05 AM
    • 11th Apr 17, 9:05 AM
    You do need to be realistic and accept that a glitch has happened here and cannot expect to pay £15.00 for something worth approx. 9 times more. Seek the cancelation and then start again as per the previous discussion.

Should you choose not to do so be prepared to have this cancelled by the Alpharooms as you cannot really expect this to be fair.
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 11th Apr 17, 9:41 AM
    • 10,782 Posts
    • 7,025 Thanks
    Caz3121
    • 11th Apr 17, 9:41 AM
    • 11th Apr 17, 9:41 AM
    Bought 3 cheap flights with return to/fromTenerife for June, yesterday morning via Alpharooms.

Think they must have made an error with pricing of flights £5 each instead of £142
    Originally posted by bdt1
    Have a look at their T&Cs re website errors
    https://www.alpharooms.com/agency-terms-of-business
    "in cases where details of a product are materially incorrect we will offer you the choice of continuing with your booking at the correct price or cancelling with a full refund of money paid on that product only."

you have the option of paying the delta to the correct price or getting a refund of the £15
    • Alpharooms.com
      Verified User verified user
    • By Alpharooms.com Verified User verified user 19th Apr 17, 4:49 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Alpharooms.com
    • 19th Apr 17, 4:49 PM
    • 19th Apr 17, 4:49 PM
    Hi bdt1,

We are really sorry to read your review. Is it possible you could provide us with your itinerary number so we can look into this further for you?

Kind Regards

Alpharooms.com
    • isplumm
    • By isplumm 21st Apr 17, 4:52 PM
    • 1,790 Posts
    • 761 Thanks
    isplumm
    • 21st Apr 17, 4:52 PM
    • 21st Apr 17, 4:52 PM
    Hi bdt1,

We are really sorry to read your review. Is it possible you could provide us with your itinerary number so we can look into this further for you?

Kind Regards

Alpharooms.com
    Originally posted by Alpharooms.com
    You need permission to post as an official representative of a company.

Mark
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

113Posts Today

2,161Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @iiSteveJonesii: @MartinSLewis After watching you talk this morning about me burning £300 I got on a comparison site tonight & sure enou?

• In or near York? This Wed the @itvmlshow Roadshow" will be at the York Food & Drink Festival - do come and say hi; St Sampsons Square 11-4.

• It's the subtle poetry and lyricism of tweets like this that I find so endearing https://t.co/XhSKBCGyXe

• Follow Martin