Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • soolin
    • By soolin 10th Apr 17, 9:46 PM
    • 58,751Posts
    • 41,601Thanks
    soolin
    Global shipping programme
    • 10th Apr 17, 9:46 PM
    Global shipping programme 10th Apr 17 at 9:46 PM
    I've decided to opt back into the GSP to see how it goes as I'm getting an awful lot of Russian and Italian buyers asking about my goods as I have those two countries blocked. I'll see how it goes and decide whether to stick with GSP or disable it again.

I do wonder though how much loss eBay has had to cover for items sent to problem countries.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
Page 1
    • jwil
    • By jwil 19th Apr 17, 6:09 PM
    • 7,398 Posts
    • 20,136 Thanks
    jwil
    • 19th Apr 17, 6:09 PM
    • 19th Apr 17, 6:09 PM
    can you have GSP switched on for certain countries only? I.e. normal postage for Europe/USA etc, but GSP for everyone else?
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
    • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    • By COOLTRIKERCHICK 22nd Apr 17, 11:43 AM
    • 10,363 Posts
    • 58,224 Thanks
    COOLTRIKERCHICK
    • 22nd Apr 17, 11:43 AM
    • 22nd Apr 17, 11:43 AM
    Thr only problem i have had so far with the GSP. Is from America. The first one thought the free UK shipping was for all countries.so I cancelled the order. And the second one again was America. They bought.paid. And 25 hours later said they wanted to cancel the order as they didn't realise how much extra the postage and import tax was. Good job it was Easter weekend otherwise I would have already posted it.

For me it's good as I sell at least 10-20% of my sales that way. Nearly all to Europe .I don't know what type of stuff you sell. But you can pm me if you want to know what I have sold through the GSP
    Work to live= not live to work
    • soolin
    • By soolin 16th May 17, 12:19 PM
    • 58,751 Posts
    • 41,601 Thanks
    soolin
    • 16th May 17, 12:19 PM
    • 16th May 17, 12:19 PM
    I've been giving GSP a try now for a month and my sales have certainly seen an increase, today alone I have 3 items going by GSP.

I have limited it to things that are heavy in relation to cost, so one of the items today weighs 1.8 KG but I'm selling it in the UK for £18 including 2nd class postage. It didn't make sense for me to offer it worldwide with tracking and insurance, so I let ebay worry about that and my 2nd class post gives me delivery conformation to the ebay hub which is all I need for a INR.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 16th May 17, 12:23 PM
    • 31,214 Posts
    • 36,912 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 16th May 17, 12:23 PM
    • 16th May 17, 12:23 PM
    GSP would not let a buyer in Australia with good feedback pay for a low value item I had listed

when I checked some of my listings had GSP active , many said UK only ??

gave up and turned it off , luckily my buyer was ok with cancelling the purchase
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I'm a volunteer to help them run smoothly and I can move and merge posts there. However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 16th May 17, 12:36 PM
    • 58,751 Posts
    • 41,601 Thanks
    soolin
    • 16th May 17, 12:36 PM
    • 16th May 17, 12:36 PM
    GSP would not let a buyer in Australia with good feedback pay for a low value item I had listed

when I checked some of my listings had GSP active , many said UK only ??

gave up and turned it off , luckily my buyer was ok with cancelling the purchase
    Originally posted by Browntoa
    There are far too many glitches now on ebay, it is getting ridiculous.

So far it is working out OK for me, in fact for the past few weeks I am sending more parcels than large letters, and that's the first time I've done that in a good few years. I've sold some old 'stuck' stock and cleared a fair bit of vintage/collectable stuff from storage. The market is a bit dire for vintage in the UK, but it seems to be thriving in the US and Australia - long may it last!
    New to Forum? Guide
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 17th May 17, 9:55 AM
    • 15,010 Posts
    • 10,793 Thanks
    hollydays
    • 17th May 17, 9:55 AM
    • 17th May 17, 9:55 AM
    After reading this thread I've decided to opt in and have had several salesof items that weren't selling , so very pleased.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,591Posts Today

7,630Users online

Martin's Twitter