Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Danwasdeman
    • By Danwasdeman 10th Apr 17, 4:38 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Danwasdeman
    BT Broadband £50 Cashback Issue
    • 10th Apr 17, 4:38 PM
    BT Broadband £50 Cashback Issue 10th Apr 17 at 4:38 PM
    Hi Folks
    I'm new to the forum so hope I'm posting in the right area etc. I recently (on Martin Lewis morning tv recommendation) signed up to the BT Infinity £250 reward offer (£200 reward card and £50 cashback). Martin advised that this offer was only available via the Cable.co.uk site and this is the route I took. I viewed the offer on the Cable site and was then redirected to the BT site where I completed my order. I've successfully claimed the BT reward card but when filling in the BT sites cashback form the page will not accept my order reference number. On contacting BT via live chat I was told to contact the referrer for cashback and on contacting Cable I was told 'We advertise offers on behalf of BT so therefore any vouchers/cashback offers come directly from BT not from ourselves' and was advised to use the, for me, unusable BT claim form. As you can probably tell I'm stuck in the middle with no apparent way to claim my cashback. Perhaps I've done something fundamentally wrong (not unusual for me) but I cant see what it is. Any ideas or advice greatly appreciated.
    Mark
Page 1
    • mije1983
    • By mije1983 11th Apr 17, 12:06 AM
    • 2,551 Posts
    • 18,329 Thanks
    mije1983
    • 11th Apr 17, 12:06 AM
    • 11th Apr 17, 12:06 AM
    Is this the page you were using for the £50?

https://www.broadbandbenefits.co.uk/cashback/

• Danwasdeman
    • By Danwasdeman 11th Apr 17, 11:44 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Danwasdeman
    • 11th Apr 17, 11:44 PM
    BT Broadband £50 Cashback Issue
    • 11th Apr 17, 11:44 PM
    Hi
    Yes and thanks for the reply. This is the link provided by Cable.co.uk. The form will not accept my (verified by BT) order number simply asking me to input the number again as if the field has not been completed.
    • mije1983
    • By mije1983 12th Apr 17, 10:40 PM
    • 2,551 Posts
    • 18,329 Thanks
    mije1983
    • 12th Apr 17, 10:40 PM
    • 12th Apr 17, 10:40 PM
    You may need to 'remind' BT that the cashback cheque is actually a BT offer (and not the same as TCB or Quidco) and point them to their own terms which say similar.

This cashback cheque offer is different to a member exclusive offer via a cashback site.
    Good luck!

• cool_techie
    • By cool_techie 28th Apr 17, 5:02 PM
    • 44 Posts
    • 100 Thanks
    cool_techie
    • 28th Apr 17, 5:02 PM
    • 28th Apr 17, 5:02 PM
    I have exactly the same problem as reported by http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/member.php?u=2595728 above.

Did you finally manage to get the £50 cashback?

Thanks,
    CT
    3.84kW PV system - 16 panels of Sharp ND-R240A2 facing SE with SMA 4000TL inverter, Geo II monitor and Solar iBoost. All in the historic, grand old city of Milton Keynes.
    • Storm321
    • By Storm321 29th Apr 17, 12:40 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Storm321
    • 29th Apr 17, 12:40 PM
    • 29th Apr 17, 12:40 PM
    I too have exactly the same problem. Have contacted BT and they claim the cashback has not tracked properly as the order number begins BTC not AJM.

Also wondered if you managed to sort this out

Thanks
    • nel10
    • By nel10 16th May 17, 6:01 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    nel10
    • 16th May 17, 6:01 PM
    BT £50 cash back - not being processed
    • 16th May 17, 6:01 PM
    I'm having the same problem as the original post - Cable not accepting liability - BT not accepting liability - claim form not working. Any ideas anyone?
    • bILLO
    • By bILLO 6th Sep 17, 10:14 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    bILLO
    • 6th Sep 17, 10:14 AM
    £50 Cash Back BT
    • 6th Sep 17, 10:14 AM
    'm having the same problem as the original post - Cable not accepting liability for the £50 cash back but i did receive part of the promise that was £150 debit card ? - BT not accepting liability! - claim form filled in and Numerous phone calls all i get is you must have gone through other sites although they used the BT Logo ?? and advertising BT in fact the link i used was via MoneySaverExpert ?So BT in denial of the £50 cash back so who processed the £150 debit card "BT" False Trading to not to accept the other part of the deal !!if you go on BT Forum website we are not the only ones being conned out of the £50 cash back
    Last edited by bILLO; 06-09-2017 at 10:44 AM.
    • phillw
    • By phillw 7th Sep 17, 3:52 PM
    • 811 Posts
    • 403 Thanks
    phillw
    • 7th Sep 17, 3:52 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 3:52 PM
    BT in denial of the £50 cash back so who processed the £150 debit card "BT" False Trading to not to accept the other part of the deal !!
    Originally posted by bILLO
    Did you take a screen grab of the £50 offer? I always try to remember, in case problems like this come up. The £150 debit card was offered by BT.

There was extra cashback offered by quidco and topcashback when I signed up, I think I used quidco and that has come through. I don't remember cable being one of the options, so I didn't check it out. Maybe it didn't track due to a web browser issue.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,084Posts Today

6,619Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin