Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Scooter01
    • By Scooter01 9th Apr 17, 8:04 PM
    • 41Posts
    • 107Thanks
    Scooter01
    Sainsbury's 5000 pts Offer
    • 9th Apr 17, 8:04 PM
    Sainsbury's 5000 pts Offer 9th Apr 17 at 8:04 PM
    Hi

With the Sainsbury's Nectar credit card at the moment it is offering a bonus 5,000 points if you spend four times on groceries or fuel within a month. Does anyone know if there is a minimum spend for each of these four purchases? I have looked at the terms and i cannot see anything to say there is.

Thank you
Page 1
    • aau1
    • By aau1 9th Apr 17, 8:29 PM
    • 18,758 Posts
    • 323,193 Thanks
    aau1
    • 9th Apr 17, 8:29 PM
    • 9th Apr 17, 8:29 PM
    Hi

With the Sainsbury's Nectar credit card at the moment it is offering a bonus 5,000 points if you spend four times on groceries or fuel within a month. Does anyone know if there is a minimum spend for each of these four purchases? I have looked at the terms and i cannot see anything to say there is.

Thank you
    Originally posted by Scooter01
    Seems to be new sign ups only.

From what I can see the previous sign up incentive was "spend £800 in Sainsburys in the first 3 months and get 5000 points" so this is considerably better

5,000 bonus Nectar points
    Apply by 21st May 2017, and your points could add up even faster when you shop at Sainsbury’s. Use your Sainsbury’s Bank Credit Card to pay for your Sainsbury’s shopping or fuel four times in your first month, and you’ll collect an extra 5,000 bonus Nectar points. You could use your points to treat yourself and your family without stretching your budget in the year ahead.††
    ††Purchase bonus Nectar points conditions:
    Nectar card holders exclusive: Offer is available to new Sainsbury's Bank Credit Card customers who apply for and take out a Sainsbury's Bank Credit Card by 21st May 2017. Use your Sainsbury’s credit card to pay for your Sainsbury's shopping or fuel four or more times in your first month and be rewarded with 5,000 bonus Nectar points. Your account will be opened within 2 working days of us receiving your signed agreement and we will allow 7 days for you to receive your card before the month begins. Nectar card number must be supplied at time of application. Excludes Sainsbury's Telecoms, Energy, Travel Money, Argos and Habitat which will be treated as non-Sainsbury's purchases. Refunded transactions are excluded from the offer. Please allow up to 60 days from your Credit Card statement date for the points to be credited to your Nectar account – these points will not be shown on your credit card statement. To continue to be eligible for bonus Nectar points you must pay at least your minimum payment on your credit card account by the due date and stay within your credit limit. Nectar points are awarded to you by Sainsbury’s Supermarkets and Sainsbury’s Bank plc. The Nectar loyalty programme is run by Aimia Coalition Loyalty UK Ltd. The Nectar Collector Rules detail how to collect and use points. You can find these in the Nectar registration pack and at nectar.com. Sainsbury's Bank reserves the right to alter, stop or withdraw this Nectar point offer at any time without notice. No cash alternative is available.
    https://www.sainsburysbank.co.uk/credit_cards/nectar_credit_card_std_skip
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is the word a moorhen
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 10th Apr 17, 8:20 AM
    • 4,179 Posts
    • 2,327 Thanks
    Nasqueron
    • 10th Apr 17, 8:20 AM
    • 10th Apr 17, 8:20 AM
    As above, new card holders only, had the card myself for years and no such offer for me
    • ViolaLass
    • By ViolaLass 10th Apr 17, 9:06 AM
    • 4,989 Posts
    • 6,895 Thanks
    ViolaLass
    • 10th Apr 17, 9:06 AM
    • 10th Apr 17, 9:06 AM
    To answer the OP's question, I don't see any sign of a minimum spend either.
    • Scooter01
    • By Scooter01 11th Apr 17, 9:11 AM
    • 41 Posts
    • 107 Thanks
    Scooter01
    • 11th Apr 17, 9:11 AM
    • 11th Apr 17, 9:11 AM
    Thanks everyone for your replies, much appreciated
    • Scooter01
    • By Scooter01 19th Apr 17, 11:47 AM
    • 41 Posts
    • 107 Thanks
    Scooter01
    • 19th Apr 17, 11:47 AM
    • 19th Apr 17, 11:47 AM
    Just to follow up on this, I spoke to Sainsburys bank and they confirmed it was 4 transactions with no minimum spend.

Initially customer services told me there was a £250 minimum spend, but after directing him to the website, he then transferred me to applications who confirmed that there is no minimum spend. Apparently the £250 was a previous old offer

Finally use the web address hxxps://www.sainsburysbank.co.uk/cardsbonus1000 to get an extra 1000 points on top of the 5000
    Last edited by Scooter01; 19-04-2017 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Added extra 1000 points info
    • bellrooster
    • By bellrooster 19th Apr 17, 12:24 PM
    • 1,014 Posts
    • 1,521 Thanks
    bellrooster
    • 19th Apr 17, 12:24 PM
    • 19th Apr 17, 12:24 PM
    Ahh, I'm glad I saw this thread!

My Sainsbury's card arrived on Saturday and I thought it was a £500 spend (I didn't when I applied but read something on here after).

I'm a new customer with Sainsbury's so if its no minimum spend I could just put through 4 items of shopping through the till separately?
    • Biggles
    • By Biggles 19th Apr 17, 1:11 PM
    • 7,368 Posts
    • 4,755 Thanks
    Biggles
    • 19th Apr 17, 1:11 PM
    • 19th Apr 17, 1:11 PM
    5,000 points sounds a lot (but it was obviously meant to). But then I found it was only worth £25, so I think I'll pass on that.
    • KILL BILL
    • By KILL BILL 26th Apr 17, 3:20 PM
    • 2,082 Posts
    • 1,280 Thanks
    KILL BILL
    • 26th Apr 17, 3:20 PM
    • 26th Apr 17, 3:20 PM
    5,000 points sounds a lot (but it was obviously meant to). But then I found it was only worth £25, so I think I'll pass on that.
    Originally posted by Biggles

yeah that how they do it make people think that it is alot but then a few years back they changed it they halved their rewards.

Back then 5000 points would have been £50 now only half that £25
    • Glendemic
    • By Glendemic 5th Jun 17, 5:07 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Glendemic
    I applied for this nearly a month ago and yet it will be another two weeks until the card actually shows up.

Regardless of their product offering, I have to say Amex are impressive for turnaround times and customer service. Just getting this bloody thing in good time has been a challenge with form filling and posting things back.

By the time it arrives, I won't have use of the card as it was for a specific purchase (replacement car), but 6 weeks feels like an infuriating amount of time to wait considering rival services and my previous experiences.

I tried to feed this back to the rep on the phone, she said she would send me a complaint form through the post for me to fill in - of course she did!
    • neurosurgeon
    • By neurosurgeon 12th Jun 17, 10:46 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    neurosurgeon
    Frustrating that the new card is not contactless..
    • planetdek
    • By planetdek 30th Jun 17, 3:15 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    planetdek
    Anyone actually got the 5000 points after 4 spends? I am currently arguing with CS!
    • bognorcodger
    • By bognorcodger 1st Jul 17, 3:43 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    bognorcodger
    YES! 5000 points credited to Nectar a/c yesterday - wouthout having to chase.
    Even better, received a letter today from Sainsburys Bank 'confessing' that the application form that they sent, and I signed, had misprints in it at two particularly embarrasing points relating to their standard (ie non-promotional) charges - section 2.1 (monthly repayments) would be 0.00% , and standard cash advance and balance transfer fees would also be 0.00% .
    They have told me thay are correcting this error ( to 2.25% repayment, and 3% advance/transfer) from 27th July - presumably the minimum legal notice period they can give.
    Four weeks to apply for a zero interest/zero charge balance transfer then?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,622Posts Today

8,661Users online

Martin's Twitter