Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • AnotherJoe
    • By AnotherJoe 9th Apr 17, 11:57 AM
    • 7,583Posts
    • 8,183Thanks
    AnotherJoe
    Military Mutual for home insurance?
    • 9th Apr 17, 11:57 AM
    Military Mutual for home insurance? 9th Apr 17 at 11:57 AM
    Anyone got any experience of this relatively new entrant? I have a letter offering me "at least" £50 off my current insurer.
    Thanks
Page 1
    • rs65
    • By rs65 9th Apr 17, 4:44 PM
    • 5,276 Posts
    • 2,504 Thanks
    rs65
    • 9th Apr 17, 4:44 PM
    • 9th Apr 17, 4:44 PM
    Not heard of them but their June 2016 accounts are overdue.

June 2015 accounts show income of £6k and deficit over £9m. Would be interested to see their 2016 accounts.
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 9th Apr 17, 7:37 PM
    • 26,034 Posts
    • 10,383 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 9th Apr 17, 7:37 PM
    • 9th Apr 17, 7:37 PM
    Always take the save you at least £50 or whatever ££ with a large pinch of salt.

If you scroll down the comparison sites and find companies that are £100 dearer than everyone else then yes they probably can save you £50. But if your savvy and shop around then your unlikely for them to save you £50.

Cheapest is not always best though. Sometimes they are cheap for a reason, and you will find out if you ever need to claim.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • AnotherJoe
    • By AnotherJoe 9th Apr 17, 8:34 PM
    • 7,583 Posts
    • 8,183 Thanks
    AnotherJoe
    • 9th Apr 17, 8:34 PM
    • 9th Apr 17, 8:34 PM
    Exactly hence me asking, with some things cheap is good, with others, insurance being one, having cheap insurance that doesn't pay out isnt the best money saving plan

Fwiw I've done a quote and they are £50 or so cheaper than my current insurer (L&G) who did deal with me fairly ona couple of claims a few years back so I may not bother.
    • Checkitout
    • By Checkitout 18th May 17, 10:11 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Checkitout
    • 18th May 17, 10:11 AM
    • 18th May 17, 10:11 AM
    I am with Military Mutual for my home insurance. Last year we had to make a claim and found them really good. They were very understanding, and the clain was settled quite quickly and our premiums didn't go up this year. We were that impressed we are going to get a quote for car insurance when it's due.
    • Tony_F
    • By Tony_F 3rd Jun 17, 3:53 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Tony_F
    • 3rd Jun 17, 3:53 PM
    • 3rd Jun 17, 3:53 PM
    I got a letter from Military Mutual offering 'Save at least £50 on your home insurance'. I've just got my renewal advice from L&G so went on line for a quote from MM, but it was £24 higher. I rang the MM & after much going over my details & after she talked to her manager she came back with her best offer that was £31 below my renewal quote. 'What about the at least £50 lower offer?' I asked. She said that in the small print it states 'Minimum premiums apply' & I'd hit those but she would offer their Plus level of cover at this price. I note that their underwriters are Builders Direct SA in Luxembourg & they don't have a Defaqto star rating.
    Any comments?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,777Posts Today

8,081Users online

Martin's Twitter