Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • affordmylife
    • By affordmylife 7th Apr 17, 3:34 PM
    • 1,188Posts
    • 3,517Thanks
    affordmylife
    Once and for all
    • 7th Apr 17, 3:34 PM
    Once and for all 7th Apr 17 at 3:34 PM
    Hi everyone

I'm absolutely sick and tired of always being broke so I'm finally going to tackle my personal debt once and for all.

I owe £4000 on a single credit card. At the beginning of the year it was £5,500 so I've made a good start. However I have had to recently drop my second job as I just couldn't cope so it will definitely be more diff to pay off so quickly now.

I also pay £200 a month on a payment agreement for a kitchen we had fitted which started in January and runs for two years.

My income is probably between £600 to £800 a month. I'm self employed so it's variable.

Any tips or suggestions would be gratefully received. Many thanks xx
    £4,000 personal debt

£360/£4,000 9% paid off. It's a start.
Page 2
    • Anoneemoose
    • By Anoneemoose 17th Apr 17, 2:58 PM
    • 1,705 Posts
    • 2,094 Thanks
    Anoneemoose
    Just wondering - you say your husband pays for the renovations, but you are paying £200 a month (out of a small income) for a kitchen? That sort of contradicts itself.
    • affordmylife
    • By affordmylife 18th Apr 17, 4:11 PM
    • 1,188 Posts
    • 3,517 Thanks
    affordmylife
    Yes good point. It's complicated.

When I needed to change my car I couldn't get a loan as I'd only been in my current job a month. We were also in a rented house between house purchases. Husband used some of the renovations money for car I then pay the kitchen loan (which would have been my car loan). I hope that makes sense.
    £4,000 personal debt

• affordmylife
    • By affordmylife 19th Apr 17, 6:43 PM
    • 1,188 Posts
    • 3,517 Thanks
    affordmylife
    Another good working day. No spends either. Tea for everyone out of the freezer.

I have a premade moussaka out for tomorrow's tea after my sw weigh in.

Looking forward to updating my figures at the end of the month x
    £4,000 personal debt

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,059Posts Today

9,056Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin