Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • hadenoughnow
    • By hadenoughnow 5th Apr 17, 6:47 PM
    • 111Posts
    • 48Thanks
    hadenoughnow
    Linked address help
    • 5th Apr 17, 6:47 PM
    Linked address help 5th Apr 17 at 6:47 PM
    Hi, I recently asked Vodafone to sent a new phone to a family members house, they took it upon themselves. To make this my new address! It has now shown up as a new address linked address on my credit file, how do I remove it. I have tried to contact equifax before now and found it a very difficult process to go through and in the end nothing was ever done. Help please!!
    HEN

National Debtline - Tel: 0808 808 4000
    (CCCS) - Tel: 0800 138 1111
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 5th Apr 17, 6:54 PM
    • 14,154 Posts
    • 14,852 Thanks
    zx81
    • 5th Apr 17, 6:54 PM
    • 5th Apr 17, 6:54 PM
    You'll need to contact Equifax again - and any other CRA it appears on.
    • hadenoughnow
    • By hadenoughnow 5th Apr 17, 7:00 PM
    • 111 Posts
    • 48 Thanks
    hadenoughnow
    • 5th Apr 17, 7:00 PM
    • 5th Apr 17, 7:00 PM
    Last time I contacted them regarding being linked to an ex partner they were no help whatsoever!
    HEN

National Debtline - Tel: 0808 808 4000
    (CCCS) - Tel: 0800 138 1111
  • National Debtline
    • 6th Apr 17, 11:24 AM
    • 6th Apr 17, 11:24 AM
    Hi there,

It may be worth making a complaint to Vodafone and ask them to confirm, in writing, that this was their error and there is no reason to have reported this to the credit files as there is no joint finance with anyone at that address.

Once you have this confirmation I would suggest approaching Experian or Call Credit to get the financial link removed (if you have Equifax to be unsatisfactory) and send a copy of this letter to verify everything. I may help move things along.

Laura
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
  • Vodafone
    • 18th Apr 17, 11:16 AM
    • 18th Apr 17, 11:16 AM
    Hi hadenoughnow

So that we can look into this for you, please email me via the form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and I'll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Sukhi

Social Media CARE

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • Lucky Duck
    • By Lucky Duck 18th Apr 17, 4:50 PM
    • 115 Posts
    • 65 Thanks
    Lucky Duck
    • 18th Apr 17, 4:50 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 4:50 PM
    Last time I contacted them regarding being linked to an ex partner they were no help whatsoever!
    Originally posted by hadenoughnow
    Indeed, while the other two agencies removed my (old) association with the minimum of fuss, Equifax's response was to demand that I took out a paid for subscription with them before they would do anything.
    • Lucky Duck
    • By Lucky Duck 18th Apr 17, 4:51 PM
    • 115 Posts
    • 65 Thanks
    Lucky Duck
    • 18th Apr 17, 4:51 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 4:51 PM
    Hi hadenoughnow

So that we can look into this for you, please email me via the form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and I'll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Sukhi

Social Media CARE

Vodafone UK
    Originally posted by Vodafone
    Good luck with that - elsewhere people have tried multiple web browsers and email addresses apparently without success.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

694Posts Today

5,999Users online

Martin's Twitter