Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • geoff1057
    • By geoff1057 4th Apr 17, 8:26 PM
    • 186Posts
    • 28Thanks
    geoff1057
    Smart parking ,DRP charge, SHOCK
    • 4th Apr 17, 8:26 PM
    Smart parking ,DRP charge, SHOCK 4th Apr 17 at 8:26 PM
    Hi, today i had a demand for payment - unpaid PCN £160 from DRP .Came as a shock , saying that they are writing on behalf of Smart Parking. Unknown to me ,they sent the first letter to my previous address, (as i just moved house and not yet informed the DVLA) but it wasnt passed on , so the charge is now in the hands of DRP. Of course i dispute this decision , and have asked them for proof of the said incident, but they said that any proof will be sent straight to the courts.Can they do this ?? Really worried , am going for a mortgage soon worried about CCJ , NOT SURE WHAT TO DO NEXT, thanks, Em
Page 3
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 31st Jul 17, 1:27 PM
    • 5,942 Posts
    • 7,653 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Gladstones being legit is highly debatable as they are so incompetent

Due to the way they behave so badly and as they are regulated
    by the SRA, makes everyone wonder if indeed the SRA are legit.

If the letter does not say LBA OR SIMILAR, then its the wheezy
    DRP attempting to extort money.

This is a letter that you should copy to your MP and Trading Standards
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 31st Jul 17, 1:49 PM
    • 14,523 Posts
    • 22,847 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    If the reference number on the letter starts 1xxxxx, it's definitely from Gladstones. If it starts 3xxxxx, then it's DRP using a pimped out letterhead.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • geoff1057
    • By geoff1057 31st Jul 17, 7:51 PM
    • 186 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    geoff1057
    Yes to add, the ref number starts with 3, just keeps saying to send money, ring DRP, pay by instalments, etc. Goes onto say case, Beavis v parking eye 2015, but just reads rubbish.Have sent out LBAs myself and this is DEFINATELY not an LBA. Letter isn't even dated and is just signed Gladstone Solicitors. Any ideas what I will receive next. Thanks for all your reassurances guys.
    Emma
    Last edited by geoff1057; 31-07-2017 at 7:55 PM.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 31st Jul 17, 9:24 PM
    • 14,523 Posts
    • 22,847 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Any ideas what I will receive next.
    Possibly offers to settle at a lower amount, possibly a LBA - hard to predict. Stay vigilant, don't sleepwalk into a default judgment by overlooking real court stuff.

But you're not there presently. You know they have 6 years to pursue you through the small claims court?

Chances of Smart Parking taking court action? Extremely unlikely, but we never say never, especially given the 6 years window.

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Smart_Parking.html

Look at parking charges to court cases ratio!
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • geoff1057
    • By geoff1057 1st Aug 17, 11:59 AM
    • 186 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    geoff1057
    Still, I have never received a letter from smart parking, even though I have sent them my address. I have only had letters from DRP, will of course keep an eye on these letters and if I suspect one as being official ,or an LBA ,I will of course return to this forum for more info . Again thank you so much guys for all your support. Emma
    • geoff1057
    • By geoff1057 1st Aug 17, 12:01 PM
    • 186 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    geoff1057
    Can I just ask , if anything does come which would be official , would it be directly from Smart Parking. Thanks Em.
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 1st Aug 17, 12:46 PM
    • 3,184 Posts
    • 3,221 Thanks
    DoaM
    It might be. Or it might be from Gladstones on behalf of Smart. It should be quite obvious it is a real LBA given the replies in this thread.
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • geoff1057
    • By geoff1057 1st Aug 17, 8:21 PM
    • 186 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    geoff1057
    Was looking at the link showing how many notices had been issued over the years by Smart Parking to actual court cases which was nil ,would that mean also that no LBAs have been issued by them . Thank you Emma
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 1st Aug 17, 8:34 PM
    • 14,523 Posts
    • 22,847 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Not necessarily LBAs, no actual court claims.

• nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 2nd Aug 17, 6:49 AM
    • 497 Posts
    • 587 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    A letter before action is simply a letter
    It isnt recorded anywhere, and while it is part of the court process, it deos not mean a claim has started.
    So of course, it is not recorded anywhere

I could send out 10,000 LBAs to random people, and not start a single claim. I will show as having started...0 claims.
    • phensic
    • By phensic 20th Aug 17, 6:33 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    phensic
    Newbies thread ???????????????
    Where are the newbies threads ???????????????????????????????/
    • Ralph-y
    • By Ralph-y 20th Aug 17, 7:02 PM
    • 2,305 Posts
    • 2,807 Thanks
    Ralph-y
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163&order=desc

at the top of this link

Ralph
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

344Posts Today

4,370Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin