Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Grammatoncleric
    • By Grammatoncleric 4th Apr 17, 12:27 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Grammatoncleric
    Notice to Keeper 101 days later.
    • 4th Apr 17, 12:27 PM
    Notice to Keeper 101 days later. 4th Apr 17 at 12:27 PM
    Hello all. Thank you all for such brilliant forum and the work that has gone into it. I have read the Newbies! thread so apologies if the answer is there (I did read well, promise!).

My mother received a NtK for £100 from PCS (Parking Collection Services) which is 101 days from the date the CPN was issued. The company is BPA registered.

As per the Newbies! Thread I intend to appeal with the expectation I will receive a POPLA code.

Also to emphasise my mother was not the driver but of course there is the keeper liability which I understand.
    Also might be worth mentioning the car was apparently parked on a hatched box next to a parking bay (I am assuming there was no other parking bays available and so was parked there). This was in a hospital. I have called the hospital and they say they cannot cancel it and the £100 sum represents the £60 "fine" plus the £40 DVLA request for information.

My question was aside from stating the 56-day rule in order to you "gain a winning point at POPLA stage", should I mention anything else to help me at the POPLA stage?

Thanks you guys in advance

GC
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th Apr 17, 2:09 PM
    • 50,789 Posts
    • 64,200 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 4th Apr 17, 2:09 PM
    • 4th Apr 17, 2:09 PM
    I have called the hospital and they say they cannot cancel it and the £100 sum represents the £60 "fine" plus the £40 DVLA request for information.

Haha! Shows how much the Hospital knows. The DVLA charge £2.50!

My question was aside from stating the 56-day rule in order to you "gain a winning point at POPLA stage", should I mention anything else to help me at the POPLA stage?
    No need, I would not mention where the car was parked. Definitely state the 56 day rule and that the keeper was not the driver, so cannot be held liable under any law. As you understand the situation, you don't really have to use any template and can talk about keeper liability (as long as you don't imply who was driving, and submit the appeal in the rk's name).
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 4th Apr 17, 3:27 PM
    • 10,197 Posts
    • 9,334 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    • 4th Apr 17, 3:27 PM
    • 4th Apr 17, 3:27 PM
    Good advice from c-m above.

Simple letter stating that you decline to name the driver and refer them to the relevant section in POFA 2012 that means they can not claim Keeper Liability. Tell tghem you will not communicate again and look forward to discussing POFA with them in court if they are foolish enough to take it further.
    • Grammatoncleric
    • By Grammatoncleric 4th Apr 17, 5:44 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Grammatoncleric
    • 4th Apr 17, 5:44 PM
    • 4th Apr 17, 5:44 PM
    thank you Coupon-Mad and Guys Dad. Would you recommend I wait until the end of the 28 day period to reply (say around day 26) or reply now? (letter sent on 31st March)
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th Apr 17, 11:41 PM
    • 50,789 Posts
    • 64,200 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 4th Apr 17, 11:41 PM
    • 4th Apr 17, 11:41 PM
    Reply now, no need to wait once you are replying to a postal PCN/NTK.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Grammatoncleric
    • By Grammatoncleric 5th Apr 17, 1:37 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Grammatoncleric
    • 5th Apr 17, 1:37 PM
    • 5th Apr 17, 1:37 PM
    ok will do. Will keep you guys posted.
    • Grammatoncleric
    • By Grammatoncleric 5th Oct 17, 10:05 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Grammatoncleric
    • 5th Oct 17, 10:05 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 10:05 PM
    Just an update.
    Since appealing the ticket (or more specifically rejecting the request to name the driver in the NtK letter) on the parking company’s own website form way back in April, I’m yet to hear from them again or receive a POPLA code so I’m assuming they’ve just let it go!
    Will post back it anything changes
    Regards
    GC
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,195Posts Today

7,848Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin