Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • upthetics
    • By upthetics 3rd Apr 17, 4:33 PM
    • 22Posts
    • 1Thanks
    upthetics
    BW Legal First Letter
    • 3rd Apr 17, 4:33 PM
    BW Legal First Letter 3rd Apr 17 at 4:33 PM
    Hi all

I have received the first letter from BW legal asking for £160 for stopping for less than a minute at Liverpool airport in December 2016.

I appealed and lost (as I knew the case would be).

Interestingly BW legal are saying that I didn't appeal within 28 days of the PCN charge. I did and still have the email.

What am I likely to receive from these people in the future as I have no intention of paying?

I have looked around on the forum for hours and am finding it hard as to what to do next. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
Page 2
    • upthetics
    • By upthetics 18th May 17, 6:15 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    upthetics
    Just got a letter from BW acknowledging my recent communications and that they have noted my position.

They say that they will now seek their clients instructions to issue county court proceedings for recovery of the balance.

Is this a significant letter that I should reply back to ?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 18th May 17, 6:53 PM
    • 13,200 Posts
    • 20,629 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    One of the standard responses we've seen many times. What were you thinking of saying to them in replying?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • upthetics
    • By upthetics 18th May 17, 8:26 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    upthetics
    Something along the lines of it has been 6 months since the car stopped on the road it is a matter dealt with under bylaws and it has expired please stop using my details.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 18th May 17, 8:35 PM
    • 13,200 Posts
    • 20,629 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Something along the lines of it has been 6 months since the car stopped on the road it is a matter dealt with under bylaws and it has expired please stop using my details.
    Originally posted by upthetics
    No harm in doing that. But are they pursuing you for penalties under bylaws (6 months) or contractual charges (6 years)?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • upthetics
    • By upthetics 18th May 17, 11:57 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    upthetics
    Contractual I think

I am open to any good suggestions
    • upthetics
    • By upthetics 20th May 17, 10:01 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    upthetics
    Was this a LBC ?
    • Lamilad
    • By Lamilad 20th May 17, 11:33 PM
    • 684 Posts
    • 1,485 Thanks
    Lamilad
    Was this a LBC ?
    Originally posted by upthetics
    No. BWL's LBC are headed "letter of claim"

I wouldn't bother replying to this latest letter. But if you get a final notice or LBC then just send a very short reply denying the claim for the reasons you have already stated.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

175Posts Today

1,423Users online

Martin's Twitter