Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Chava
    • By Chava 3rd Apr 17, 10:22 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Chava
    0 WOW
    Travel Agent Booked Wrong Flights
    • 3rd Apr 17, 10:22 AM
    0 WOW
    Travel Agent Booked Wrong Flights 3rd Apr 17 at 10:22 AM
    What are my rights? He booked us on Sunday flight instead of Tuesday (tomorrow) he says he can't do anything unless Im willing to pay aprox £300 change and upgrade fee for each ticket (we are 6 passengers).
Page 1
    • soolin
    • By soolin 3rd Apr 17, 10:29 AM
    • 59,076 Posts
    • 41,869 Thanks
    soolin
    • 3rd Apr 17, 10:29 AM
    • 3rd Apr 17, 10:29 AM
    What are my rights? He booked us on Sunday flight instead of Tuesday (tomorrow) he says he can't do anything unless Im willing to pay aprox £300 change and upgrade fee for each ticket (we are 6 passengers).
    Originally posted by Chava
    OK, Firstly do you have anything at all written down showing the correct flights, an email or anything prior to the booking with your dates. When the agent booked were you sitting with him or was it by phone. If face to face did you see the screen at all, did he run through what he was booking and ask you to confirm. If by phone have you asked whether the call was recorded and if so have you asked that they play it back to show what you actually asked for?

Finally, and it's always worth asking, were you entirely clear, both for day and date as to what you wanted, can you be entirely sure that agent might have thought you were asking for flexible dates to get a price. It seems odd if agent misheard then booked the wrong flights and somehow you agreed with them. Also, when exactly did you book and were you given details then and only just noticed the error or was this a last minute booking and did you notice the moment it happened and report it at the time?
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • Chava
    • By Chava 3rd Apr 17, 10:59 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Chava
    • 3rd Apr 17, 10:59 AM
    • 3rd Apr 17, 10:59 AM
    I booked 2 seperate bookings in the same phonecall
    Myself and my children on Tuesday
    My husband on Sunday after
    and we are all flying back together
    instead he booked us seperately onto the SAME flight on Sunday
    He did the booking while I was on the phone with him, so it was clear and he understood what I needed and he made a human error and typed in 9th on my tickets instead of the 4th
    The problem is he sent me an email within 24hrs and I did not notice his error until yesterday when I went to print out the tickets ((
    • soolin
    • By soolin 3rd Apr 17, 12:18 PM
    • 59,076 Posts
    • 41,869 Thanks
    soolin
    • 3rd Apr 17, 12:18 PM
    • 3rd Apr 17, 12:18 PM
    I booked 2 seperate bookings in the same phonecall
    Myself and my children on Tuesday
    My husband on Sunday after
    and we are all flying back together
    instead he booked us seperately onto the SAME flight on Sunday
    He did the booking while I was on the phone with him, so it was clear and he understood what I needed and he made a human error and typed in 9th on my tickets instead of the 4th
    The problem is he sent me an email within 24hrs and I did not notice his error until yesterday when I went to print out the tickets ((
    Originally posted by Chava
    How long ago did you book and what has the agent said about the mistake and the possibility of listening to your taped conversation ?

I suspect the fact that you have received the booking and not questioned it previously might prove expensive.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 3rd Apr 17, 11:43 PM
    • 29,946 Posts
    • 18,968 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 3rd Apr 17, 11:43 PM
    • 3rd Apr 17, 11:43 PM
    You get it sorted OP ?
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • mknebel
    • By mknebel 7th Jul 17, 9:35 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mknebel
    • 7th Jul 17, 9:35 AM
    • 7th Jul 17, 9:35 AM
    I have a similar situation ish
    Last weekend me and 13 friends went to Portugal for a few days break/drunk hen party, we flew back on the sunday or so we thought, all correspondents from the travel agent said the sunday but the flight they had actually booked for us was 24 before on the Saturday. The travel agent has admitted that this was their mistake, they offered us a flight home later that night at 9pm for free, but as most of us have children we said we couldn't wait that long (14hours ish) so we booked our own flight as they said we would be reimbursed. we waiting 4 hours for this other flight that got us to Leeds (not our preferred Manchester as we just wanted to get home). The travel agent has now said they will pay for our flight home and give us £25 compensation.
    Does this sound correct? the petrol money from Leeds to Manchester alone was more that that.
    any advise would be most appreciated.
    Many thanks
    Michael.
    #AmysADirtyHen
    • PeacefulWaters
    • By PeacefulWaters 7th Jul 17, 2:34 PM
    • 6,841 Posts
    • 8,428 Thanks
    PeacefulWaters
    • 7th Jul 17, 2:34 PM
    • 7th Jul 17, 2:34 PM
    I have a similar situation ish
    Last weekend me and 13 friends went to Portugal for a few days break/drunk hen party, we flew back on the sunday or so we thought, all correspondents from the travel agent said the sunday but the flight they had actually booked for us was 24 before on the Saturday. The travel agent has admitted that this was their mistake, they offered us a flight home later that night at 9pm for free, but as most of us have children we said we couldn't wait that long (14hours ish) so we booked our own flight as they said we would be reimbursed. we waiting 4 hours for this other flight that got us to Leeds (not our preferred Manchester as we just wanted to get home). The travel agent has now said they will pay for our flight home and give us £25 compensation.
    Does this sound correct? the petrol money from Leeds to Manchester alone was more that that.
    any advise would be most appreciated.
    Many thanks
    Michael.
    #AmysADirtyHen
    Originally posted by mknebel
    They've corrected the flight issue then?

I'd estimate petrol between Leeds and Manchester one way to be less than a fiver. Taxis a lot more than £25.

How much are you actually out of pocket?
    • mattyprice4004
    • By mattyprice4004 8th Jul 17, 2:11 AM
    • 3,474 Posts
    • 2,877 Thanks
    mattyprice4004
    • 8th Jul 17, 2:11 AM
    • 8th Jul 17, 2:11 AM
    They've corrected the flight issue then?

I'd estimate petrol between Leeds and Manchester one way to be less than a fiver. Taxis a lot more than £25.

How much are you actually out of pocket?
    Originally posted by PeacefulWaters
    Less than a fiver?
    Maybe on a Vespa with the wind behind you!

I hope estimation isn't part of your day job

45 miles, and the route usually had traffic, so unless you're doing mega MPG it's significantly more.
    • PeacefulWaters
    • By PeacefulWaters 8th Jul 17, 7:12 AM
    • 6,841 Posts
    • 8,428 Thanks
    PeacefulWaters
    • 8th Jul 17, 7:12 AM
    • 8th Jul 17, 7:12 AM
    Less than a fiver?
    Maybe on a Vespa with the wind behind you!

I hope estimation isn't part of your day job

45 miles, and the route usually had traffic, so unless you're doing mega MPG it's significantly more.
    Originally posted by mattyprice4004
    Fair enough. Last time I did it was in the most fuel efficient beauty of a car.
    • Westin
    • By Westin 8th Jul 17, 12:49 PM
    • 1,119 Posts
    • 813 Thanks
    Westin
    We need to take preventive measures while ensuring we check business details
    Originally posted by samtrait786
    Whats that ?
    • PeacefulWaters
    • By PeacefulWaters 8th Jul 17, 1:03 PM
    • 6,841 Posts
    • 8,428 Thanks
    PeacefulWaters
    Whats that ?
    Originally posted by Westin
    Spam, innit.
    • elsien
    • By elsien 8th Jul 17, 1:06 PM
    • 15,044 Posts
    • 37,614 Thanks
    elsien
    Building up their post count by posting nonsense till they have enough to start spamming properly.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 8th Jul 17, 1:48 PM
    • 10,775 Posts
    • 7,021 Thanks
    Caz3121
    spamming on the delayed flight board now - and on the wrong airline thread too....another site to be added to the "avoid at all costs" lists since :-)
    • mknebel
    • By mknebel 10th Jul 17, 8:19 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mknebel
    no we had to correct ourselves. if we had waiting for the flight they wanted us to be on we would of been in the airport 12 hours+.
    4 cars had to come pick us up as their were 14 of us.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

112Posts Today

1,953Users online

Martin's Twitter