Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • another casualty
    • By another casualty 2nd Apr 17, 7:42 PM
    • 3,118Posts
    • 4,947Thanks
    another casualty
    I've quit everything. Now what ?
    • 2nd Apr 17, 7:42 PM
    I've quit everything. Now what ? 2nd Apr 17 at 7:42 PM
    Thanks to all who helped me do the above .
    I may as well keep you updated , with my progression .
    I'm still in the honeymoon period . Wonder how it'll end up ?

Loads of pages http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5349916

Page 72
    • another casualty
    • By another casualty 1st Dec 17, 5:36 PM
    • 3,118 Posts
    • 4,947 Thanks
    another casualty
    Sounds lovely AC.

DS is travelling in Thailand as we speak (sooooo jealous). Anyway as we'll be on our own DH and I are going to a hotel for Christmas ( 3 nights) - not really moneysaving - but to be honest with you, I just can't wait It will make a great change not to have to worry about pleasing anyone but ourselves and no cooking or washing up.
    Originally posted by MrsPorridge
    That sounds great . You have to put yourself first at Christmas
    • another casualty
    • By another casualty 3rd Dec 17, 6:53 PM
    • 3,118 Posts
    • 4,947 Thanks
    another casualty
    So , Iím surrounded by boxes from various purchases over the last few days . Not ideal when living in a small flat . Most are folded up one or 2 can eventually be disposed of . Then again , some have to be kept because of warranty reasons etc.
    Iíve tidied up somewhat but aim to have a spotless and fully functional flat by midweek .

Bought a few Christmas bits for the flat plus some scented candles.

Next Friday Iím 55 ( wow!) . Nice to have made it so far .
    Iíve posted a couple of other threads on the employment / benefits boards and bank accounts so Iím trying to be more responsible over time .
    I will be meeting local friend for birthday drink Friday evening . Nothing crazy . However , on the 15th a few of us are meeting up again . Maybe here maybe brockenhurst . Weíll see.

Will setup dehumidifier tomorrow , once I find where to locate it . Donít think it will be the boiler room because of the boiler being in there .

Vodafone are coming to fix the fault on my landline and broadband on Tuesday morning . In the meantime everything is done on mobile phone. Annoying as Iím sure my thumb has changed over the last few days . When I type in stuff, it has to be slower .

Still have the sniffles with this prednisolone reduction . Could be a lot worse i guess .

Got another appt tomorrow with personal trainer . I need to keep it up
    Fingers crossed I see improvement by Easter .
    • anna_1977
    • By anna_1977 4th Dec 17, 9:21 AM
    • 601 Posts
    • 848 Thanks
    anna_1977
    Thanks Anna
    Forgot to ask how are you getting on . Creditors etc?
    Originally posted by another casualty
    I had a couple of F&F offers accepted and paid those immediately, sadly the large Barclaycard debt wasn't accepted and their counter offer was too high. I'll keep plodding on with the DMP.

x
    • another casualty
    • By another casualty 4th Dec 17, 10:24 AM
    • 3,118 Posts
    • 4,947 Thanks
    another casualty
    Hi Anna

Sounds like things are not too bad . Iíve got more understanding about how the D m p situation works now . What could possibly happen , is that you make another offer every so often until a compromise is met . If thatís the only one outstanding then youíve done well imho . Best of luck with it .
    • another casualty
    • By another casualty 4th Dec 17, 10:32 AM
    • 3,118 Posts
    • 4,947 Thanks
    another casualty
    Stayed in yesterday to concentrate on starting the big final tidy up finishing off everything . Will make a big effort today and tomorrow .
    Not going out meant I woke up around 2.30 this morning . Fell back asleep around 6 and got out of bed around 8am with a headache .
    Yes the intermittent cough is still there also.

Saw a spider who was insistent on visiting my flat . I gave it many chances to escape . Even Mr dyson couldnít help. Eventually it reached an unfortunate death .
    Just off to the gym for personal training session . Jus took 2 paracetamol . Better get going
    • another casualty
    • By another casualty 5th Dec 17, 12:30 PM
    • 3,118 Posts
    • 4,947 Thanks
    another casualty
    Just got a call from Vodafone engineer who will be here in 13 or 30 mins. In the meantime I was gonna purchase a couple of small items on eBay . I pressed pay now . When I went to Confiirm, the blue area is grey instead . Purchased not gone through . Then the PayPal app is playing up . Going through to PayPal .com and things are normal

Have to be so careful
    J
    • another casualty
    • By another casualty 5th Dec 17, 2:25 PM
    • 3,118 Posts
    • 4,947 Thanks
    another casualty
    Just had engineer from open reach on behalf of Vodafone .
    Nice guy . Broadband and phone running again .
    Will have to use my new iMac wi fi only as the phone socket in the boiler room is not working . If I plug anything in there, the fault will reoccur because a few of the phone sockets have been daisy chained .
    Not a major issue tbh . So long as I can do the usual .
    • another casualty
    • By another casualty 6th Dec 17, 10:22 AM
    • 3,118 Posts
    • 4,947 Thanks
    another casualty
    Just reached for the iPad around 7am ..no broadband ! Not impressed
    So, after trying to locate the problem I tried to contact vodafone .
    After going through the motions , I find out they are not available till 8am. So then I sent text to the engineer from openreach. After doing that , i. Did one last thing by taking the phone line out of 5he socket and reinserting it . It now works . The nice guy from openreach called me back more or less straight away . We came to the conclusion to do nothing now , unless it packs up again . Fingers crossed all is well.

Today is dark and moody. Iím not going to the gym . I have to sort out the mess in the flat. The annoying thing about waiting for people ( waited almost 5hours yesterday ) is that I didnít want to start doing something and then the engineer turns up in the middle of me doing something . Now I can get going and get things done . Will be going out for a walk shortly . Still havenít touched the iMac as that room is now messy , and the dehumidifier is still in itís box . Once the bedroom is clutter free and the boiler room , I can find the right place for it .
    • another casualty
    • By another casualty 6th Dec 17, 5:58 PM
    • 3,118 Posts
    • 4,947 Thanks
    another casualty
    Went for walk ,did shopping . Started tidying the excessive stuff in bedroom . Found some black mole on skirting board ! Not happy .
    Not wet there, but Iíll have to keep an eye on things . Good thing about painting the whole flat white means I can see things quicker .
    I will put dehumidifier on either later on this evening or tomorrow .

I sent an email to the managing agents regarding the external lighting a few days ago. That has been done . No email to confirm , but the job was done quickly. I had to contact them again regarding my retention fee as advised by my solicitor . No rush , but Iíll get the expenditure for the last six months in January .

The internet is fine so far. If it isnít working in the morning , I will contact them again .

Should have all clutter sorted by tomorrow / Friday .
    • MrsPorridge
    • By MrsPorridge 6th Dec 17, 6:44 PM
    • 1,626 Posts
    • 2,522 Thanks
    MrsPorridge
    AC - we leave our dehumidifier on 24/7 - it's on the landing and isn't that noisy - but I wear ear plugs because DH snores It's amazing how much water comes out of that thing - we have to empty it every day!
    Getting back on Track
    • another casualty
    • By another casualty 6th Dec 17, 7:38 PM
    • 3,118 Posts
    • 4,947 Thanks
    another casualty
    AC - we leave our dehumidifier on 24/7 - it's on the landing and isn't that noisy - but I wear ear plugs because DH snores It's amazing how much water comes out of that thing - we have to empty it every day!
    Originally posted by MrsPorridge
    Thanks Mrs. P,

Iím in the middle of sorting out the broadband fault that has reappeared . Will probably set up dehumidifier tomorrow .
    Donít think it would go into the small room as that is where the boiler is . So itís either hallway/ bedroom / living room. Weíll see
    • another casualty
    • By another casualty 7th Dec 17, 1:19 PM
    • 3,118 Posts
    • 4,947 Thanks
    another casualty
    Strange day today .
    Last night I plugged dehumidifier on in the hallway . I fell asleep and woke up just before it clicked itself off for a while (4.45 am)
    No problem . I like the look of it and itís seems very easy to use and understand .

Woke up groggy around 7.15 . Got up. Felt rough .
    Had a chap come over to deliver a very hard to find stool with storage that looks like a fender amp . Got it off Ebay . around 945.He was early . Very nice guy He had his mum in the car , but couldíve stayed ages . He left her out there about 10mins or so. I did offer tea etc

So went back to bed . Never got any rest but tried to reconfigure myself as normal as possible .

Still got trouble with Wi-fi . Phone line is ok. I spent a couple of hours on and off on the various boards here asking about placement of dehumidifier and Wi-fi . Good New is I can use the dehumidifier in the boiler room after all, so I will plug it in there later on .

Bedroom finished apart from 2 crates that need emptying . Boiler room needs to be tidied up then it will become the music room

Must go out first
    • another casualty
    • By another casualty 7th Dec 17, 7:35 PM
    • 3,118 Posts
    • 4,947 Thanks
    another casualty
    So, I received some good news regarding plevin . It was regarding the ppi I was refused by Mbna . Cutting through the confusing jargon Iím gonna receive £1,230.75 before tax. So minus £130.31=£1100.44
    Apparently I can ge a refund from Hmrc as I am unemployed .although I havenít signed on as such.

Wi-fi okay at the moment . Iím expecting a call from Vodafone anytime now . Iím transferring all my stuff from my old Mac mini onto my new iMac via Wi-fi 80% done so Iím hoping it holds out .
    Hallway full of stuff temporarily . Gotta find a place to put it all .
    More of a task Han first thought .
    Looks like next week when everything is well and truly put away.

Gonna put dehumidifier in the boiler room ..probably tomorrow . Maybe tonight .Gotra download a recording programme called reason for the iMac. Thatíll take time also . Should be ready to start strumming and recording weird noises at the weekend .
    • Worrierwalker
    • By Worrierwalker 11th Dec 17, 4:54 PM
    • 58 Posts
    • 219 Thanks
    Worrierwalker
    How did your weekend go AC? Hope you enjoyed your music making !
    • another casualty
    • By another casualty 11th Dec 17, 7:20 PM
    • 3,118 Posts
    • 4,947 Thanks
    another casualty
    Hello again WW hope you are well.
    Weekend fine . Birthday Friday in Bournemouth was good .
    My friend set up this application called reason . Stacks of stuff to learn
    What was confusing , was when I transferred all my stuff over from Mac mini , I also transferred old version of safari which was blocking and preventing things. Friend sorted it out .

Wi-fi working fine today after Vodafone escalated the problem to tech team .

So far so good
    • another casualty
    • By another casualty 12th Dec 17, 2:12 PM
    • 3,118 Posts
    • 4,947 Thanks
    another casualty
    Broadband working much better, but went out of service for only a couple of mins this morning . Iíll see what Vodafone say when they call, probably tomorrow .

Yesterday was my first session in the gym for a week. I told my p t yesterday . He said not to worry too much as in my condition I should not worry too much . On Friday I found one coat that fits me . Just put it into the dry cleaners up the road . The dry cleaning lady was a little excitable and wondering if the coat is actually made for dry cleaning . When she found the label a huge sigh of relief all round .
    She says collect Friday afternoon . I hope itís ready then , as I could do with it in brockenhurst . Another coat which is virtually brand new and a year old is still too tight around the chest area unfortunately .
    Iím gonna keep,it as if I lose enough weight it should eventually be an easier fit .
    I found a cotton sweater that actually fits way better than expected . Nice surprise .

I bought a cheap bird feeder in ROBERT dyass. It is a bit deceptive .
    I thought it would be fairly tall or adjustable . In fact it comes around the length of my shins/ ankles. I havenít seen any birds there yet , though about an hour ago I saw a lovely black cat which belongs to the next block . Never been outside my window before .Itís tricky as to what type of feeder to get as itís for in front of my window that loooks on to the main road .

Glad Iím not living back in Twickenham still . Waterloo has been unable to offer any rail service . I was potentially be going to see a band in Kentish Town with a friend tonight . I half suggested it a few weeks back but enthusiasm petered out . Just as well as it would have been a nightmare plus too cold
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,326Posts Today

7,788Users online

Martin's Twitter