Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • another casualty
    • By another casualty 2nd Apr 17, 7:42 PM
    • 3,132Posts
    • 4,969Thanks
    another casualty
    I've quit everything. Now what ?
    • 2nd Apr 17, 7:42 PM
    I've quit everything. Now what ? 2nd Apr 17 at 7:42 PM
    Thanks to all who helped me do the above .
    I may as well keep you updated , with my progression .
    I'm still in the honeymoon period . Wonder how it'll end up ?

Loads of pages http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5349916

Page 65
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 27th Sep 17, 7:41 PM
    • 10,220 Posts
    • 57,626 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Cool! Going solo?
    Originally posted by another casualty
    Yes......should be fun. Weather looks set fair, low to mid 20s. Perfect for sightseeing. Not been on this ship before, it looks very luxurious. So hopefully Iím going to pampered and spoilt rotten.

Btw I ended up having a steroid injection in my knee last week. So I have been able to walk and exercise more. Lost 3lbs this week.
    • another casualty
    • By another casualty 27th Sep 17, 7:51 PM
    • 3,132 Posts
    • 4,969 Thanks
    another casualty
    Yes......should be fun. Weather looks set fair, low to mid 20s. Perfect for sightseeing. Not been on this ship before, it looks very luxurious. So hopefully Iím going to pampered and spoilt rotten.

Btw I ended up having a steroid injection in my knee last week. So I have been able to walk and exercise more. Lost 3lbs this week.
    Originally posted by lessonlearned
    Great stuff ! Enjoy
    • another casualty
    • By another casualty 28th Sep 17, 1:47 PM
    • 3,132 Posts
    • 4,969 Thanks
    another casualty
    Went to poole to pay 6 months service charge in nationwide.
    Decided to go internet banking while I was there .
    They have an account that pays 5% max amount £3000.00 @£250 pmonth. I will see if I can do this later.

Just returned from dentist . The checkup was free .
    Unfortunately , I have to have 2 appointments for root canal treatment . That should be it . Good job I'm in the dental plan , or the upcoming fees would be a lot worse .
    If I didn't have the checkup today , it would've been a nasty surprise in march .Best get everything out of the way while I can .
    • another casualty
    • By another casualty 2nd Oct 17, 11:47 AM
    • 3,132 Posts
    • 4,969 Thanks
    another casualty
    This time last week, I decided it's time to put speaker stands / a hifi
    Amp/ glass TV stand on flea bay. Just made over £70 . Bidding for 1 item ends in a few minutes . The amp was a spare for my other bedroom in my previous home .

Just back from the gym . A week ago the estate agents sign for my neighbours place to let was erected outside my window .
    Things move fast
    • another casualty
    • By another casualty 3rd Oct 17, 8:39 PM
    • 3,132 Posts
    • 4,969 Thanks
    another casualty
    Felt weak and lousy all day . It's a worry about whether I'll be fit to work next year, albeit on a part time basis if lucky.
    Went out for a walk , and it was a nice day .
    I can only do so much in a year I guess .

I was just cooking something , and a ring at the door . The Ebay buyer for amp and speaker stands arrived earlier than expected .
    Nice guy . I should've dusted the stands but he was happy.
    I also forgot about looking for a kettle lead for the amp .
    Thankfully , as I say buyer was happy enough .

Which brings me to my turntable : I have been using it a fair bit over the last 2/3 weeks . A new cartridge was needed ..£85
    However, it sounds the nuts and am very happy with it .
    I have though, listed my old cartridge and an older cartridge that I found with no stylus on flea bay so we'll see what gives .

Root canal treatment at the dentist tomorrow and another treatment next thurs .
    The exciting life I lead
    • MrsPorridge
    • By MrsPorridge 3rd Oct 17, 8:50 PM
    • 1,626 Posts
    • 2,522 Thanks
    MrsPorridge
    Feeling weak and lousy - you may be just sickening for a cold AC. Once you get your flat sorted - which I have a feeling will be in the next few weeks - you can then concentrate on "you" and a healthier lifestyle.

Good luck at the dentist tomorrow. I have had several root canals - not good at the time, but worth it in the end!
    Getting back on Track
    • another casualty
    • By another casualty 3rd Oct 17, 9:47 PM
    • 3,132 Posts
    • 4,969 Thanks
    another casualty
    Thanks mrs. P
    TBH, it's part of my condition . I have to expect 'episodes' .
    Good and bad days etc .
    I don't get many colds , but I won't say too much in case I jinx myself

I've just got to keep at what I'm doing , and hope all gradually improves. Having said that, I was a lot worse this time last year
    • another casualty
    • By another casualty 4th Oct 17, 7:43 PM
    • 3,132 Posts
    • 4,969 Thanks
    another casualty
    Well, the root canal treatment has been done . Now in,pain but has to be expected till the weekend . Wasn't an easy job apparently , as it was a triple operation . The dental assistant lost her voice .
    I expected a game of charades may have been on the cards , but all went well and no mimiming was required .

Still feeling lethargic , which is part of the condition .
    I've been coughing a bit over the last few days . A dry cough.
    Looks like there may be a cough epidemic doing the rounds, as Teresa may might acknowledge .
    Only been to the gym on Monday . Not sure about tomorrow.
    I'll have to see what gives .

Other than that , all good
    • enthusiasticsaver
    • By enthusiasticsaver 4th Oct 17, 11:25 PM
    • 4,865 Posts
    • 9,189 Thanks
    enthusiasticsaver
    Loads of coughs doing the rounds. So many people at work coughing and sneezing. I locked myself in my office to keep away from the germs. I am off to Bath/Bristol this weekend and need to stay healthy. Feel better soon AC. Sorry about the root canal treatment. Sounds awful.
    3 days to go until early retirement. Debt free and mortgage free.

I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Mortgages, Banking and Budgeting boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • another casualty
    • By another casualty 5th Oct 17, 6:51 AM
    • 3,132 Posts
    • 4,969 Thanks
    another casualty
    Loads of coughs doing the rounds. So many people at work coughing and sneezing. I locked myself in my office to keep away from the germs. I am off to Bath/Bristol this weekend and need to stay healthy. Feel better soon AC. Sorry about the root canal treatment. Sounds awful.
    Originally posted by enthusiasticsaver
    Hope your weekend is good .

Like any dental treatment, I just go with it at the time and whatever happens happens. I don't mind going to the dentist most of the time.
    I have had mainly good experiences , and a couple of horrific episodes as well. This triple root canal is painful . The dentist pointed out the amount of fliuid coming from my gums.
    'Did you smell it?' She asked once the operation was finished .
    It smelt like burning wires tbh.
    Still it's done now
    • MrsPorridge
    • By MrsPorridge 5th Oct 17, 7:17 PM
    • 1,626 Posts
    • 2,522 Thanks
    MrsPorridge
    AC last time I had an extraction it took over a week for the pain to subside - I though it was never going to go - but it did.
    Getting back on Track
    • another casualty
    • By another casualty 5th Oct 17, 9:02 PM
    • 3,132 Posts
    • 4,969 Thanks
    another casualty
    Thanks mrs. P

I'm due back next Thurs. Eating everything on the other side of the mouth . Still painful . I had some root canal treatment a few weeks ago, but not as painful as this . Having said that, it is a triple root canal treatment . I'll get there eventually .
    • another casualty
    • By another casualty 6th Oct 17, 10:36 AM
    • 3,132 Posts
    • 4,969 Thanks
    another casualty
    So, judging by the way I've been feeling all week last night just before going to bed , I decided to have a large neat Jameson's .
    It's a trck I learned from my brother to help prevent any cold or flu coming my way .

In bed I felt great afterwords but very hot. Not uncomfortable but hot and comfortable . I had a great sleep...for 3 hours!
    Trying to get to the kitchen to get an orange juice was hard work .
    Managed to do that around 4.30 am .
    This meant that I still felt good .
    Normally I jump out of the bed around 730 am these days
    ( makes a change from 5am ) . I struggled to get out around 9am

The pain from the root canal treatment seems to be subsiding now .
    I won't say too much just yet .
    I've been taking 2. Ibuprofen 1 st thing in the morning and at bedtime
    • another casualty
    • By another casualty 6th Oct 17, 10:32 PM
    • 3,132 Posts
    • 4,969 Thanks
    another casualty
    I have one or two issues with the communal area outside my door:

As I was the last person to move into the block of three, I went with how everything was. Keeping the peace and being good natured I ignored the child's bike just inside the main door.
    However, this evening I saw a large pram outside my door.
    I thought about it for a while, before moving it to the staircase.
    Its not fair . Plus if I give those people an inch....
    Not only that , but if the new tenants move in whenever, they may start using the communal area like a dumping ground .
    The good news is, it has been moved/ folded.
    I had a couple of large items outside my door for an hour on Monday/ Tuesday to be collected by Ebay buyers. Wouldn't have any chance this evening,

Next point about the communal area is that , I now. know who the junk mail is for and only leave the mail for the people upstairs and the woman who has left. She comes and picks up . The rest I redirect .
    It is something they should have done . Lazy bar stewards.
    I also now , immediately chuck all the flyers / local newspapers into the recycling bin. So at last the communal area looks tidy.
    I even vacuum the communal area .

I do love the flat , but I have a feeling I will have to look over my shoulder so to speak , and hope the next people that do move in are a decent coulple/ tenant.
    I have a feeling that the Sri Lankan couple may be dss.
    The woman with the 2 kids that left may also have been.
    It's a nice flat but I don't really want to move again just yet .
    • MrsPorridge
    • By MrsPorridge 7th Oct 17, 5:32 PM
    • 1,626 Posts
    • 2,522 Thanks
    MrsPorridge
    AC this is the problem with flats and communal living. I did it myself in my early 20's (out of necessity as it was all I could afford at the time) - never again - houses/bungalows all the way for me.
    Getting back on Track
    • Gigervamp
    • By Gigervamp 7th Oct 17, 5:46 PM
    • 6,243 Posts
    • 19,905 Thanks
    Gigervamp
    Surely you can't afford to move again? At least, not in the same area. And this is one of the downsides of living in a flat, along with noise and service charges.
    • candygirl
    • By candygirl 7th Oct 17, 7:07 PM
    • 26,107 Posts
    • 105,826 Thanks
    candygirl
    AC , so what if they're DSS? Is that always a bad thing? 😩
    Are you feeling a bit poop this week? Huggles if so x
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004)
    • another casualty
    • By another casualty 8th Oct 17, 6:31 AM
    • 3,132 Posts
    • 4,969 Thanks
    another casualty
    AC , so what if they're DSS? Is that always a bad thing? 😩
    Are you feeling a bit poop this week? Huggles if so x
    Originally posted by candygirl
    Thank you candy
    Feeling much better now
    • another casualty
    • By another casualty 8th Oct 17, 6:42 AM
    • 3,132 Posts
    • 4,969 Thanks
    another casualty
    Had a thought about things and I was probably being a bit dramatic about the flat . I think I did the right thing by moving the pram , rather than let it be part of the norm. The child's bike is still there, but that's not really an issue. Live and let live .
    I will have to hope that the new neighbours when they come are professional people If they aren't then I'll just send an email to the managing agents should any problems be encountered ,who seem to be on the ball with memos / complaints etc.
    It's a bit disappointing that not all 3 flats are bought with the original owners intact .

I had a few ciders with my friend yesterday .First time in about a month. Went to bed at a very early part of the evening .,which is why I'm writing this now so early in the morning Tooth pain seems to have gone.
    Last edited by another casualty; 08-10-2017 at 7:05 AM.
    • Gigervamp
    • By Gigervamp 8th Oct 17, 9:41 AM
    • 6,243 Posts
    • 19,905 Thanks
    Gigervamp
    Make a note of the lettings agents who are advertising the flat. If there are any problems with the new tenants, you could contact the agents and put in a complaint. At least antisocial tenants can be evicted. Not all home owners are nice people, you could get stuck with an owner who's antisocial and it would be a lot harder to deal with! So look on the bright side.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

221Posts Today

1,265Users online

Martin's Twitter