Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • another casualty
    • By another casualty 2nd Apr 17, 7:42 PM
    • 2,906Posts
    • 4,613Thanks
    another casualty
    I've quit everything. Now what ?
    • 2nd Apr 17, 7:42 PM
    I've quit everything. Now what ? 2nd Apr 17 at 7:42 PM
    Thanks to all who helped me do the above .
    I may as well keep you updated , with my progression .
    I'm still in the honeymoon period . Wonder how it'll end up ?

Loads of pages http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5349916

Page 63
    • Worrierwalker
    • By Worrierwalker 5th Sep 17, 4:14 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 205 Thanks
    Worrierwalker
    My iMac is 6 years old and apparently it's archaic- I have to use my phone to buy stuff from the net. But I can't change it, its like a good friend. I know the tech companies want us to keep buying new and updating but you get attached.
    • gallygirl
    • By gallygirl 7th Sep 17, 7:56 AM
    • 16,414 Posts
    • 107,580 Thanks
    gallygirl
    [QUOTE=another casualty;73077761
    Also the one I currently have runs slower than snails having sex . Not enough ram
    [/QUOTE]
    Please tell me I'm not the only one who thought this was funny .
    Save
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    Mortgage Balance = £0
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
    • harz99
    • By harz99 7th Sep 17, 3:22 PM
    • 2,463 Posts
    • 2,409 Thanks
    harz99
    Snails having sex versus Ram
    , sorry not seeing the connection. Lol.
    • Gigervamp
    • By Gigervamp 8th Sep 17, 1:25 AM
    • 6,210 Posts
    • 19,776 Thanks
    Gigervamp
    The "ramming" action in copulation?
    • anna_1977
    • By anna_1977 13th Sep 17, 11:14 AM
    • 586 Posts
    • 821 Thanks
    anna_1977
    hey AC, how's it all going? Are you managing to get to the gym this week?
    • another casualty
    • By another casualty 13th Sep 17, 6:07 PM
    • 2,906 Posts
    • 4,613 Thanks
    another casualty
    hey AC, how's it all going? Are you managing to get to the gym this week?
    Originally posted by anna_1977
    Hi Anna

I went yesterday , for the first time in 2 weeks . Will go tomorrow and Friday to make up for it
    • another casualty
    • By another casualty 13th Sep 17, 6:31 PM
    • 2,906 Posts
    • 4,613 Thanks
    another casualty
    So, what's been going on ?
    I've had confirmation from payplan that all my payments are accepted and that I should only receive statements as usual from creditors telling the amount owing . It's only for record purposes , and I should not act ..just keep the paperwork .
    One other thing to note , is that it will be another 6 years before my credit history is clear . I have received 2 letters from creditors ..
    PRA group acknowledged my full and final . Wescot acknowledged my partial settlement . At the end of the day , it's all the same thing.

I've asked James to get a cabinet for the living room and assemble it.
    This will get rid of the clutter / eyesore in the tv area. I've asked him to do one or two other jobs also. He still has to get shelf for the boiler room .
    Speaking of that room , I've managed to make it clear and functional at last this afternoon . Trouble is, I've taken everything into the bedroom temporarily and it's a bit of a mess.

I have to put posters in frames and expect to have them on the kitchen and bedroom walls in the next couple of days .

I have a friend staying over either this sat , or next .

All dental work is now complete. However, as I'm paying a monthly fee I'm back in on the 28th for a checkup of some sort. I was told that as I'm paying monthly i may as well take it .

Other than that , I've not been dong much

Regarding the computer : I've waited for Tim crooks announcement . It's more or less all about the iPhone . I'm gonna get a new Mac when 'high sierra' is the main operating system . That's probably gonna be October . Then I will have a computer that's not tortoise like .

Hope all is well with you all
    Last edited by another casualty; 13-09-2017 at 7:26 PM.
    • anna_1977
    • By anna_1977 14th Sep 17, 9:45 AM
    • 586 Posts
    • 821 Thanks
    anna_1977
    So, what's been going on ?
    I've had confirmation from payplan that all my payments are accepted and that I should only receive statements as usual from creditors telling the amount owing . It's only for record purposes , and I should not act ..just keep the paperwork .
    One other thing to note , is that it will be another 6 years before my credit history is clear . I have received 2 letters from creditors ..
    PRA group acknowledged my full and final . Wescot acknowledged my partial settlement . At the end of the day , it's all the same thing.

I've asked James to get a cabinet for the living room and assemble it.
    This will get rid of the clutter / eyesore in the tv area. I've asked him to do one or two other jobs also. He still has to get shelf for the boiler room .
    Speaking of that room , I've managed to make it clear and functional at last this afternoon . Trouble is, I've taken everything into the bedroom temporarily and it's a bit of a mess.

I have to put posters in frames and expect to have them on the kitchen and bedroom walls in the next couple of days .

I have a friend staying over either this sat , or next .

All dental work is now complete. However, as I'm paying a monthly fee I'm back in on the 28th for a checkup of some sort. I was told that as I'm paying monthly i may as well take it .

Other than that , I've not been dong much

Regarding the computer : I've waited for Tim crooks announcement . It's more or less all about the iPhone . I'm gonna get a new Mac when 'high sierra' is the main operating system . That's probably gonna be October . Then I will have a computer that's not tortoise like .

Hope all is well with you all
    Originally posted by another casualty
    Sounds like all is well - I'm pleased for you AC.

Yes, I think the iMac will be October's announcement - let me know when you're purchasing
    • another casualty
    • By another casualty 14th Sep 17, 11:50 AM
    • 2,906 Posts
    • 4,613 Thanks
    another casualty
    Thanks Anna
    Yes, can't really complain right now I'm enjoying this year , and apprehensive obviously about the next . Just back from the gym .
    Love the look of the boiler room now. Having said that, my bedroom is a tip at the momnent . Will get cracking on that later . So far so good ..
    This time last year, I was still on edge with just about everything .
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,932Posts Today

8,580Users online

Martin's Twitter