Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • CBrown90
    • By CBrown90 1st Apr 17, 5:28 PM
    • 35Posts
    • 5Thanks
    CBrown90
    CPM Parking in work carpark space forgetting to display permit
    • 1st Apr 17, 5:28 PM
    CPM Parking in work carpark space forgetting to display permit 1st Apr 17 at 5:28 PM
    Hi All,

I think I might have messed this one up. I parked in my work car park and forgot to display my permit and found a parking charge notice on my car at the end of the day.

Company: CPM
    Contravention 1: Not displaying a valid ticket
    Date 11/1/2017

I wrote them a letter asking them if they could over look this as it was clearly a mistake and the space was paid for, sending a picture of the permit. I can post this letter if advised. I don't say directly I was driving, but say "I park in this car park most days". This letter was ignored by them.

I then formally appealed under mitigating circumstances. saying I had a permit, and the fine was excessive (£100). Again I can post this letter, but I've read I shouldn't post anything identifying me. This was a template I found online and I did say "There are mitigating circumstances to explain why I parked where I did so I am requesting that the fine be waived for this reason."

They rejected the appeal. Showing a lot of pictures of my car and signs saying the rules. They do not mention the excessive fine, but after more reading I think this is just for councils?

Should I pay the £100 fine or carry on trying to appeal?

Thanks for any help in advance.
Page 3
    • CBrown90
    • By CBrown90 20th Dec 17, 9:41 AM
    • 35 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    CBrown90
    Then you clearly missed the link to Bargepole's summary of what happens when, what you MUST do in time, re the paperwork & deadlines.

From that summary:
    Originally posted by KeithP
    Yes, I did. What will happen now that I have sent it away without this?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 20th Dec 17, 2:45 PM
    • 53,901 Posts
    • 67,574 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Sent what away...the N159 'without a hearing' version Gladstones foisted on you? Please not.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• CBrown90
    • By CBrown90 20th Dec 17, 3:19 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    CBrown90
    Sent what away...the N159 'without a hearing' version Gladstones foisted on you? Please not.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    I sent the DQ back, I did put in D1 my local court, but didn't mention the special request at all. Nothing from the official DQ letter mentioned this, just the letter from Gladstone.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 20th Dec 17, 5:17 PM
    • 53,901 Posts
    • 67,574 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Nothing from the official DQ letter mentioned this,
    It wouldn't.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• Janxie
    • By Janxie 26th Dec 17, 7:04 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Janxie
    I have recently been attempting to appeal regarding an EXHORBITANT fine from CPM at Ryewood complex in Dunton Green.
    This company is behaving in an unethical manner with complete disregard and disrespect for individuals financial situations. I have never dealt with such a disgusting corporation as this in my entire life.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 26th Dec 17, 7:16 PM
    • 53,901 Posts
    • 67,574 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Financial situations don't bother ex-clampers like UKCPM. Stop dealing with them, stop taking the bait, stop replying to them, stop begging them/trying to appeal to their 'better nature' and stop talking about it as if it's a fine.

Start a new thread if you get a court claim. This is not your thread. No reply here please.

What happened when you complained to the landowner, rather than a pointless appeal to a parking firm (none have any customer service ethic)? The NEWBIES thread tells you to do that first.

NO REPLY HERE PLEASE. THIS IS NOT YOUR THREAD.

• CBrown90
    • By CBrown90 31st Jan 18, 9:09 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    CBrown90
    I'm a bit confused as to whats happened, last week I received a "Notice of allocation to the small claim track (hearing). This had about mediation, and that "The claim will be heard on a date and at a time which is set out on a notice attached to this order, or which will be sent later. The court reserves the right to change the place and/or time of the hearing."

No note was attached about the date or time of hearing.

Today I received a letter saying "Judgement for Claimant (after determination)" Saying I must pay 272.17 (more than original claim) by 2 weeks time? Date on letter is 25th Jan.

I will call court tomorrow, does anyone have any other advice?
    Last edited by CBrown90; 31-01-2018 at 10:18 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 1st Feb 18, 1:19 AM
    • 53,901 Posts
    • 67,574 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Sounds like they mucked this up. You were expecting a hearing date and you had returned your DQ, so you've done nothing wrong and were planning your Witness statement. You can't have just lost.

• IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 1st Feb 18, 2:49 AM
    • 2,047 Posts
    • 3,637 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    Check if you ticked the box - "I owe or I partially owe" on your defence.
    Idiots please note: If you intend NOT to read the information on the Notice of Allocation and hand a simple win to the knuckle dragging ex-clampers, then don't waste people's time with questions on a claim you'll not defend.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 1st Feb 18, 9:17 AM
    • 40,937 Posts
    • 81,714 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Did you do a Land Registry search as advised to find out who actually owns the land? If not, why not? It's important.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • CBrown90
    • By CBrown90 1st Feb 18, 11:27 AM
    • 35 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    CBrown90
    Fruitcake - I was waiting for a court date before doing that. I looked in to where to do it, but thought it would take a month or two to get to court so I would have time.

I believed I did ticket the box to say owe, that was the original forms I filled it?

I called the courts today and they said the claiment had requested judgement and the judge had agreed. "It looks like you could have defaulted on something". I've sent all forms to gladstones etc and have had nothing else to reply to.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 1st Feb 18, 8:30 PM
    • 53,901 Posts
    • 67,574 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I believed I did ticket the box to say owe, that was the original forms I filled it?
    What, why did you tick that?

Ring the court back an ask for a proper explanation as you filed a defence, surely saying you wished to dispute the claim in full?

• CBrown90
    • By CBrown90 2nd Feb 18, 2:45 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    CBrown90
    I'm not sure, maybe I didn't. I followed the instructions on this site for any forms I filled in.

I called the court yesterday and they said the claimant had written in asking for a judgement, possibly because a defaulted on something but she couldn't tell.

I have emailed the judge asking for an explanation as to what had happened. I've replied to everything and sent all documents to Gladstones too.
    • CBrown90
    • By CBrown90 9th Feb 18, 3:06 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    CBrown90
    I've received an email saying my request has been passed to a DJ, however the deadline for me to pay is 13/2/2018 (next Tuesday). I can't afford a mark against my credit rating, is there anything else I can do?
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 9th Feb 18, 3:55 PM
    • 1,676 Posts
    • 1,876 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    You pay, then there CCJ disappears

You continue to chase up why a default was allowed, despite a defence having been entered.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Feb 18, 7:01 PM
    • 53,901 Posts
    • 67,574 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I've received an email saying my request has been passed to a DJ, however the deadline for me to pay is 13/2/2018 (next Tuesday). I can't afford a mark against my credit rating, is there anything else I can do?
    Originally posted by CBrown90
    Ring the court on Monday morning, or go in person, and ask for 5 minutes to find out what box was wrongly ticked (if at all) and ask if you are seen to have done nothing that could have led to this CCJ, that a Judge orders that the CCJ is frozen/unenforced, and remains unrecorded, while this issue is investigated by the court this week.

No remote emails or letters. Find out from the horse's mouth.

• CBrown90
    • By CBrown90 9th Feb 18, 8:02 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    CBrown90
    Thanks, I will go in on Monday around 12 (my lunch break) and try to find out. If they can't do anything there I will have to pay and keep chasing what has happened I think.
    If I don't pay by Tuesday can the claimant affect my credit rating?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 10th Feb 18, 12:51 AM
    • 5,604 Posts
    • 4,277 Thanks
    KeithP
    If I don't pay by Tuesday can the claimant affect my credit rating?
    Your credit rating is already affected.
    If you don't pay by Tuesday it will remain affected for six years.

Also remember that you now owe the claimant money. If you don't pay by Tuesday they have the right to employ others to recover the money and will of course be adding that cost to your bill.
    • CBrown90
    • By CBrown90 15th Feb 18, 7:23 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    CBrown90
    I went in on Monday, there are no offices there. I made the payment on Monday through their website, however I received a letter from them today dated the 12th. How can I be sure they haven't taken any further action?

I'm getting a mortgage this month so it's the worst possible time for this to happen
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 15th Feb 18, 7:26 PM
    • 5,604 Posts
    • 4,277 Thanks
    KeithP
    I went in on Monday, there are no offices there. I made the payment on Monday through their website, however I received a letter from them today dated the 12th. How can I be sure they haven't taken any further action?

I'm getting a mortgage this month so it's the worst possible time for this to happen
    Sorry, but my crystal ball cannot see what is in that letter you received on 12 February. Can you help me?

What explanation did you get from the court?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,603Posts Today

9,261Users online

Martin's Twitter