Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • gizmobenny
    • By gizmobenny 1st Apr 17, 5:15 PM
    • 1,409Posts
    • 13,154Thanks
    gizmobenny
    Picture captchas !
    • 1st Apr 17, 5:15 PM
    Picture captchas ! 1st Apr 17 at 5:15 PM
    These picture captchas are getting weirder . I just had one which asked me to tick all the hamsters ? Except there weren't any. Only a rabbit, a squirrel, a chinchilla and some other furry creature.. It only let me enter when I had ticked all those !
Page 5
    • mjm3346
    • By mjm3346 19th Apr 17, 1:47 PM
    • 33,118 Posts
    • 209,078 Thanks
    mjm3346
    Try turning off your form filling software and typing in your details manually it appears to be working for me "at present"

maybe there are hidden fields that the form filling software are triggering?

still have to jump through hoops but not as many as before i:e now i'm only getting 2-3 capture pages!
    Originally posted by Amilucky?
    That might just be coincidence as I don't change anything and the number it requires to be completed varies quite a bit by itself and not comp related I have had them where I am just entering a password to log.
    • marialionza
    • By marialionza 19th Apr 17, 1:48 PM
    • 5,923 Posts
    • 65,872 Thanks
    marialionza
    Who do we complain to?
    THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HELPS HERE

• Enigmatic Me
    • By Enigmatic Me 19th Apr 17, 1:53 PM
    • 1,335 Posts
    • 13,144 Thanks
    Enigmatic Me
    Oh well, back to the drawing board. Also, if I try the voice ReCaptcha it tells me We are sorry but your computer may be sending automated queries....
    Ive contacted ReCaptcha (you can email them on security-help@recaptcha.net)
    Explain what the problem is you are experiencing and also include your IP address and Browser.
    I imagine we may get a reply never.
    Originally posted by MaineBlue
    Email address posted earlier. Thanks MaineBlue
    The best things in life are free.....
    • marialionza
    • By marialionza 19th Apr 17, 2:12 PM
    • 5,923 Posts
    • 65,872 Thanks
    marialionza
    email sent. If someone else writes as well it would be helpful and give more urgency.
    Thanks in advance.

• rugmaker
    • By rugmaker 19th Apr 17, 2:35 PM
    • 369 Posts
    • 19,803 Thanks
    rugmaker
    I emailed yesterday but no reply as yet. The more complaints sent the better.
    • pookiepie
    • By pookiepie 19th Apr 17, 4:22 PM
    • 66 Posts
    • 685 Thanks
    pookiepie
    I emailed yesterday but no reply as yet. The more complaints sent the better.
    Originally posted by rugmaker
    I emailed yesterday as well and no reply received yet.

Still not working for me today
    • SwishFlares
    • By SwishFlares 19th Apr 17, 5:11 PM
    • 97 Posts
    • 873 Thanks
    SwishFlares
    thanks for the incognito tip - i wasn't getting anywhere with any of them - just an infinite loop of pictures of store fronts (that don't look like store fronts) - still had to do too many in the incognito window, but it actually went through after a couple of attempts

i've emailed them as well, fingers crossed it will get fixed soon. super annoying!
    ====================================
    Best win all time - World Cup Final Trip to Japan

Wishlist for 2017 - Flights/Holiday to Australia!
    • cagsd
    • By cagsd 19th Apr 17, 5:20 PM
    • 5,561 Posts
    • 132,342 Thanks
    cagsd
    Whereas I found last night that on my phone it would just go straight to green tick, today it did bring up the picture captchas, however they were the old style very straightforward "select all the...." with no constant resubmitting, and it didn't take long at all. I found the same issue with Chrome - for a while this morning it was perfectly fine and went straight to green tick, then reverted to the more straightforward captchas.
    Either method is infinitely preferable to how it's been using Edge though. 5 minutes for every competition, urgh!

• KITTYKOMP
    • By KITTYKOMP 19th Apr 17, 7:12 PM
    • 143 Posts
    • 439 Thanks
    KITTYKOMP
    OMG the magazine ones Star, Now etc are going through with just the tick *mouth open*
    • martinsnest
    • By martinsnest 19th Apr 17, 7:49 PM
    • 1,385 Posts
    • 3,826 Thanks
    martinsnest
    No reply yet to my email. What a surprise.
    • BizKiTRoAcH
    • By BizKiTRoAcH 19th Apr 17, 9:23 PM
    • 327 Posts
    • 17,599 Thanks
    BizKiTRoAcH
    I've just entered a bunch of comps I had bookmarked that wouldn't work because of the captcha problem and they went through fine this time. Hopefully its sorted now??
    • marialionza
    • By marialionza 19th Apr 17, 10:16 PM
    • 5,923 Posts
    • 65,872 Thanks
    marialionza
    Still with great problems but managed to enter some bookmarked competitions.

• Daphne01
    • By Daphne01 19th Apr 17, 11:52 PM
    • 12,093 Posts
    • 633,781 Thanks
    Daphne01
    They're now working properly for me, hope it's the same for everyone
    A strong man stands up for himself, a stronger man stands up for others.

• pookiepie
    • By pookiepie 20th Apr 17, 7:32 AM
    • 66 Posts
    • 685 Thanks
    pookiepie
    Still not working for me and still no reply to my email
    • BlueBella
    • By BlueBella 20th Apr 17, 9:18 AM
    • 8,791 Posts
    • 306,638 Thanks
    BlueBella
    What annoys me at the mo is the fact that now when we are required to subscribe to a newsletter, we not only get sent an email to confirm the subscription, but we also have to go through the captcha process as well! Grrrr!
    A big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter

Don't judge my path if you haven't walked my journey...
    • Blulu
    • By Blulu 20th Apr 17, 12:24 PM
    • 4,841 Posts
    • 80,878 Thanks
    Blulu
    I've just done 30 entries in one of One-Eye's Radio/mobile phone comps: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5636583

The first 15 entries went through with no captcha at all, the next 15 went through with it as it used to be, or possibly even a little easier than it used to be. So, it's either sorted, or at worst they are obviously sorting it - thankfully.

Blu X
    I remind myself every morning: Nothing I say this day will teach me anything. So if I'm going to learn, I must do it by listening - Larry King
    • iwannabeonthebeach
    • By iwannabeonthebeach 20th Apr 17, 2:53 PM
    • 4,487 Posts
    • 169,655 Thanks
    iwannabeonthebeach
    They are working fine for me now
    • MaineBlue
    • By MaineBlue 20th Apr 17, 7:15 PM
    • 15,026 Posts
    • 2,118,007 Thanks
    MaineBlue
    As above; they've either sorted it or are sorting it as I've managed to enter a few today with ReCaptcha's without the whole song and dance and never ending clicking.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to email them; looks like they actually listened.

(Touch wood)
    S Aguero (16); Y Toure (45); S Aguero (47); S Nasri (50)
    E Dzeko (1); E Dzeko (56); Y Toure (90)

• pookiepie
    • By pookiepie 21st Apr 17, 10:57 AM
    • 66 Posts
    • 685 Thanks
    pookiepie
    Please tell me Im not the only one still having issues - I cant seem to enter any of the captchas this morning
    • MaineBlue
    • By MaineBlue 21st Apr 17, 8:38 PM
    • 15,026 Posts
    • 2,118,007 Thanks
    MaineBlue
    Please tell me Im not the only one still having issues - I cant seem to enter any of the captchas this morning
    Originally posted by pookiepie
    Have you emailed them with the info I said you should send them?
    S Aguero (16); Y Toure (45); S Aguero (47); S Nasri (50)
    E Dzeko (1); E Dzeko (56); Y Toure (90)

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,592Posts Today

8,907Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Ugh another one trying it! Beware https://t.co/Ab9fCRA76F

• Follow Martin