Together Energy?

Comments

• After a good start, I am very disappointed.
    Je suis sabot...
  • I am in exactly the same position as you. Emails from them fine, they wrote and told me the amount of the direct debit they had sent me was too high and quoted a lower figuire. I had been on the point of contacting them about this and the higher winter payments which I too did not know about when the lower amount was quoted. Then the time for the handover and first payment due today they send an email stating the higher amount would be taken Tried ringing several times over last few days and no response just some kind of mailbox which I could not understand. I have emailed them several times and no response. I think the Energy Club should remove this company from their listing. Did you get a phone number from them? Where did you post your complaint? I went to my bank and they advised not to cancel the direct debit and I could not change the amount in case the company disconnected me!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    edited 20 December 2017 at 2:46PM
    Shirley_C wrote: »
    I am in exactly the same position as you. Emails from them fine, they wrote and told me the amount of the direct debit they had sent me was too high and quoted a lower figuire. I had been on the point of contacting them about this and the higher winter payments which I too did not know about when the lower amount was quoted. Then the time for the handover and first payment due today they send an email stating the higher amount would be taken Tried ringing several times over last few days and no response just some kind of mailbox which I could not understand. I have emailed them several times and no response. I think the Energy Club should remove this company from their listing. Did you get a phone number from them? Where did you post your complaint? I went to my bank and they advised not to cancel the direct debit and I could not change the amount in case the company disconnected me!

Hi - welcome to the forum. You need to look at the terms and conditions attached to your contract.

Quote:

8.3 Paying by direct debit means:

(a) You must keep your account in credit by paying for the supply in advance.

(b) If you pay by flexible direct debit, your direct debit amount will be shown on your bill.

(c) You agree to contact us before the direct debit is taken from your bank account if you believe your bill is incorrect. Unquote

You will only pay for the energy that you use at the agreed tariff rate. Your DD payments should fall once Winter is over.
  • Shirley_C wrote: »
    I am in exactly the same position as you. Emails from them fine, they wrote and told me the amount of the direct debit they had sent me was too high and quoted a lower figuire. I had been on the point of contacting them about this and the higher winter payments which I too did not know about when the lower amount was quoted. Then the time for the handover and first payment due today they send an email stating the higher amount would be taken Tried ringing several times over last few days and no response just some kind of mailbox which I could not understand. I have emailed them several times and no response. I think the Energy Club should remove this company from their listing. Did you get a phone number from them? Where did you post your complaint? I went to my bank and they advised not to cancel the direct debit and I could not change the amount in case the company disconnected me!

I posted my review on Trust Pilot (?) I was contacted by email from graeme.hislop@togetherenergy.co.uk again stating that they had the wrong number for me. I was phoned by another colleague who said they had had problems with their telephones. We have quite a chat and he apologised for the errors in sending me the confusing emails. He cancelled the direct debit and set it to go out on the 20th. It was the lower limit - they had made a mistake. He was as good as his word and it duly went out today.

Hopefully somebody will contact you if you email the above.
  • locky123
    locky123 Posts: 466
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Received email from Together Energy this evening informing my direct debit has been cancelled.

No other information.

Perhaps they are changing the amount, but no further info. My account is £13 in credit which maybe too low for them.

I never received an email saying my last bill was ready and I do find their bills confusing to work out as they are not clear.

Not spoken to them yet so will try ringing tomorrow.
  • locky123 wrote: »
    Received email from Together Energy this evening informing my direct debit has been cancelled.

No other information.

Perhaps they are changing the amount, but no further info. My account is £13 in credit which maybe too low for them.

I never received an email saying my last bill was ready and I do find their bills confusing to work out as they are not clear.

Not spoken to them yet so will try ringing tomorrow.

I had the same email about cancelling my direct debit, I queried it and it is a mistake. Below is a copy of the explanation they sent to me:

"We Are Not Cancelling Your Direct Debit Subscription
    You may have already recieved or may receive in the next 48 hours an email advising you that your direct debit subscription has been cancelled.

Please do not be alarmed by this communication. We are not cancelling your direct debit subscription and you do not need to take any action.

We are currently in the process of updating our billing system. We are doing this as a response to customer feedback and to significantly improve our billing service. If you are yet to receive your first bill, we are implementing this change to ensure that you get it early in the new year.

Unfortunately, one of the updates being carried out incorrectly triggered the communication that you have received.

Please ignore this piece of correspondence and do not be alarmed if you receive another advising you that a new subscription has been created; this is simply the error correcting itself. Don’t worry you will not be paying twice.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and look forward to the improved features that will be available to you in the new year.

Best,

The Together Team"
  • I've been contacted by Together and quoted very competively for my Economy 10 tariff currently with Eon. One problem is the fact that I've been told that I would switch to their Economy 7 programme and it would then be changed to economy 10???. Secondly, reading the reviews on sites like Trustpilot it seems their customer service and information leaves something to be desired, do I need the hassle? I've emailed requesting the times each day of their cheap periods and await a response with interest.
  • heatherw_01
    heatherw_01 Posts: 6,545
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Ambassador
    These come out cheapest for me, just not sure about switching after reading all the mixed reviews on Trust Pilot
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • locky123
    locky123 Posts: 466
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Rang Together Energy today, answered quickly, DD cancellation email due to them changing their system and has not been actually cancelled. I should received email explaining this but didnt. Hopefully 'new' system is more reliable and there are no mistakes in transfer process.
  • Really not impressed so far. I keep getting letters & emails giving me different switch dates, I call and get another date. E-mails regarding DD are conflicting. Twice I've been promised a call back within 8 hours and it doesn't happen. I'm starting to regret choosing them. Their call centre hours are ridiculous considering there is no online access yet, first letter said I would be able to access the portal 5 days before the switch, now i'm being told after the switch
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure